That looks pretty cool, buddy! 

I unfortunately see an assembly mistake in your jetbikes: the wings are all glued on the wrong way: the flaps should face rearward! (They can't steer otherwise) I hope you can still correct it before you finish painting.

That looks pretty cool, buddy! 

I unfortunately see an assembly mistake in your jetbikes: the wings are all glued on the wrong way: the flaps should face rearward! (They can't steer otherwise) I hope you can still correct it before you finish painting.

ya... i picked these up second hand and preassembled at a steal due to that slight imperfection. Previous owner used some kind of 4 part hydrogen bomb strength resinweld as those puppies are on there like they grew that way. My explanation is that they are adamantium backed forward facing ailerons developed in M29.8654.34 by the Emperor himself to allow pilots to more quickly respond in combat situations.

To close to call... depends how much extra details you have on it...

I mean, back in 3rd before the templar upgrade kit... a rhino or really any tank was just,

rattle can black,

a quick watered down black washlike touch up pass, especially recesses,

then a few choice spots white,

metal bits and bobs,

Headlights and lenses

highlight,

wash the metals,

add transfers and done

Mud optional.

To close to call... depends how much extra details you have on it...

I mean, back in 3rd before the templar upgrade kit... a rhino or really any tank was just,

rattle can black,

a quick watered down black washlike touch up pass, especially recesses,

then a few choice spots white,

metal bits and bobs,

Headlights and lenses

highlight,

wash the metals,

add transfers and done

Mud optional.

You're basically describing the reason why the BTs won one of the early ETLs. ;) :p

Also, those BTs of yours look great! I love the character the bases provide. Better clean up the sides of the bases with some black. :tu:

Assume you're talking about my bases?

Yeah... I'm so lazy at times aren't I!

I think I just got a bit eager to say 'Done!'

Will give the bases a tarting up. I'm just as scruffy in my dress sense too

+ List updated. +

We're nearing a completion rate of 50% (currently at 41.59%)! Keep it up, fellow sons of Dorn! :tu:

Hello, I missed this topic here is there any way to join still?

seconded- I just started Fists with the new Prospero box and I'd love to contribute to this project. 

You can both make out-of-competition vows which are like normal vows except they don't count in the final overall number of points painted (which we will use to compare with the Iron Warriors score to see who's better). :tu:

Right, updated the total scores at the bottom of the table. I also PM'd a whole bunch of people who haven't been active lately and/or who's work we saw a long while back (if at all). Hopefully that'll help drum up the activity here and get people to complete their vows! :tu:

I know I've got mine almost done... ;)

Brothers, I have failed. I got everything built up to white and then joined a local campaign, which really burnt me out on the local community and the endless rules debates during games. The upshot is that I've decided to pack my Warhammer stuff away to focus on school for a while (35+hours a week). I salute you who are about to succeed and will see you whenever I get the itch to get back into this world, perhaps with 8th edition?...

Did I thought that message went out to everyone :P. I finished my third vow a week ago or so. :D

I need to get some better pictures soon, but for now vow complete. Thankfully... I hate doing troops ;)

Extra hour today you say? Okay guess I'll finish up a vow.

14915684_1439079746122001_60250556398069

Librarian with "floating" rocks... not too sure about the rocks, I suppose they look okay. I thought about doing a glow to them to show the warp powers effect, but I decided against it for now since it seemed like it would be a bit cartoon like.

14908345_1439079742788668_65985309613334

Tactical squad with bolters and flamer, second half of my earlier squad with heavy bolter. This one features the squad banner and sergeant also plus they have a couple older mark bolters I had laying around. I figured after Armageddon they're going to be breaking out a couple older toys to use. Forgive this and the next couple pics, it's late and my lighting is not too good, I'll work on better pics of them soon.

14956530_1439079739455335_37769264093431

New recruits, sniper scouts with cloaks. Pretty much out of the box stuff here just with a simple head swap. Not sold on the skin tones here, need to play around with dark tones and see if I can improve in the future.

14962777_1439079736122002_43881177551984

Group shot. Hope everyone enjoys and thanks for looking.

Yeah admittely my focus has been elsewhere. Painted a few Vostroyan figs, been assembling a little this-and-that and whatnot, most recently the Spartan which is both a headache and something of a disappointment.

I need to find that darn airbrush so that I can get my vehicle-painting train rolling again, the CF vehicles are dead in the water otherwise :(

I, Gastos Rhor, vow on the honour of Imperial Fists to fully paint at least one Medusa tank and two Rhinos from Age of Darkness Army Lists, by Saturday 3rd December 2016. I promise to provide at least one "start" picture and a final "vow completed" picture in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

Ave Imperator!

20161117_175558.jpg

Anyway, regardless of what I said I'll finish the vow, I'll paint the LR as BT if I have to, and the Razorback... well, it's sort of blue already, just... very unevenly so, to say the least. I'll have to get back to finishing the Drop Pod and Ironclad in the meanwhile, though.

Archived