@ GastosRohr: Dude, I seriously am impressed by that conversion . It's not the FW Medusa kit so it must be a conversion - but I'm not familiar enough with the IG range to see how. Could you break down how you achieved it? The paint job is also beautiful - I love the vibrant, yet worn yellow you achieved. If you'd ask me to nitpick, I'd only mention the angle of the '2' angle. I understand why you chose that angle, but it comes off weird to me as it is at a different angle compared to the lower edge of the plate/surface it is on. ... That's a small, small blemish on a brilliantly executed conversion and paint job though. I envy that miniature, seriously!

@ GastosRohr: Dude, I seriously am impressed by that conversion . It's not the FW Medusa kit so it must be a conversion - but I'm not familiar enough with the IG range to see how. Could you break down how you achieved it? The paint job is also beautiful - I love the vibrant, yet worn yellow you achieved. If you'd ask me to nitpick, I'd only mention the angle of the '2' angle. I understand why you chose that angle, but it comes off weird to me as it is at a different angle compared to the lower edge of the plate/surface it is on. ... That's a small, small blemish on a brilliantly executed conversion and paint job though. I envy that miniature, seriously!

It is a FW Medusa. Armageddon pattern.

Linky

Going to start working on my vow again tonight. Will post progress when it exists.

Brother Carn, that is a LOVELY Fellblade. Might have to borrow some ideas from that when I build my own. Someday...

I have been near silent in response here, but rest assured the Vanquishers still stand.

In other words, I finally got some time to break out the paint pots and work on my pledged Land Raider Crusader with the base colours applied today:

med_gallery_26154_4148_4512.jpg

More to come possibly tonight I hope. biggrin.png

Cambrius

Final vow:

I, Augustus b'Raass, vow on the honour of the Imperial Fists to fully paint at least one Librarian on bike from Codex Space Marines, and worth 85 points by Saturday 3rd December 2016. Below you can find one "start" picture and I promise to provide a final "vow completed" picture before the deadline. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

Ave Imperator!

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Imperial%20Fists/Librarian_zpsijzpo7ot.jpg

10 days to go and have finally cleared my paint table of usurper projects. i can feel the first sweats of that yellow fever starting (disclaimer - to anyone isSuffering or hasSuffered actual flavivirus my apologies and condolences. may you recover quickly and fully).

Awe hell why not.

I, Andrew Christlieb, vow on the honour of the Black Templars to fully paint at least one Landraider Crusader with multi-melta and hunter killer missile from Codex Space Marines, and worth 270 points by Saturday 3rd December 2016. Below you can find one "start" picture and I promise to provide a final "vow completed" picture before the deadline. I vow to bring honour to Sigismund, Dorn, and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

Ave Imperator!

15192540_1458229397540369_64143326979475

Awe hell why not.

I, Andrew Christlieb, vow on the honour of the Black Templars to fully paint at least one Landraider Crusader with multi-melta and hunter killer missile from Codex Space Marines, and worth 270 points by Saturday 3rd December 2016.

Looks like you and I are united in our bids of completing our Land Raider Crusaders within a 2 weeks brother. :D Synchronised construction of an attacking wall. Truly the method of Dorn's sons.

Cambrius

What's that due date again?

I just need to highlight the black armour. Layer up the bases (base coat of base is done) then hit everything with nuln oil... (PS I'm madly in love with nuln oil... where were you when I needed you all those years...) and then a couple transfers... one deliberate sit down session and I should be done... just have to find the moment!

Vow complete!

It took very long for these guys to get done, but here is the completed vow:

gallery_58716_9901_14925.jpg

gallery_58716_9901_98299.jpg

gallery_58716_9901_212308.jpg

Thanks a lot to Dosjetka for giving me a hand (quite literally) when one of my lightning claws broke.

It was a great help and it shows how great a community this is, proud to be a member of the Emperor's finest.

Archived