Fourth and final vehicle done, thus vow complete:

15232078_10207346599961966_1024527401479

(Forgot to glue the tracks on before taking the pic, I'll take a new picture later if necessary, right now need some food!)

+ Less than nine hours to go! +

Public service announcement: can't update the table as I'm on my phone, can't "close" the event as I'll be in England without internet, and this is my last post before my flight. I've entrusted the event "closing" to Psycho and I'll make sure I have a post-event update tomorrow once I'm back at home. :tu:

did some with flash and without flash pictures...  so tired i'm sure i missed something, but as far as im concerned these are done far better than anything i've painted in the previous 12 years (which is absolutely nothing prior to this past ETL)

IFE IV Complete 1

IFE IV Complete 6

Front shots of Crusader Squad!

IFE IV Complete 4

IFE IV Complete 5

Back Shots of Crusader Squad!

IFE IV Complete 2

IFE IV Complete 3

Imperial Fist Librarian!

IFE IV Complete 7

ALL 4 Iron Warrior Trophies! 3 for squad, and 1 for Librarian.

these challenges make me get stuff done!  thanks!

Vow Complete. Sorry it took so long everyone. In between moving into my very own place/constant job hunt I've been strapped for motivation.

This shows the Sons of Dorn never give in!!!

http://i.imgur.com/maR8j82.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/S1Nu22e.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ZFuNgj6.jpg

He is less my brother Dorn's champion, and more Death's himself

15300611_1298472166879398_1554387202_n.j15310439_1298472180212730_2107446486_n.j

Then he moved, and the scene shattered into shards. A lunge with sword extended ran through the first as they held their arm back, axe lifted ready for a brutal swipe. Pulling the blade out cleanly with a move to the side, the corpse slid off and collapsed to the floor, already forgotten. A second move brought the blade around to the right in a sweeping motion. Moonlight glinted off the polished surface, before it opened up two chests in a spray of crimson vitae. The light caught that too, bloody droplets, splattering upon the barren ground. A nimble step past the falling bodies and the dance continued, both right and left hands now gripping the hilt of the blade as in silence it was brought up, another stepped forward. The edge struck them at the hip, the movement continuing to pull it through the torso, bursting from the neck in triumph. The next was stilled for a second, the slaughter of his comrades pushing through the haze of blood and hate in his mind. It availed him not.

The final return strike sliced his head clean from his shoulders, blackened edge against armour, flesh and bone. The shards rearranged themselves, the scene different to before. Now but two stood, the knight, ebony armour resplendent and gleaming. The remaining enemy, a mere three paces away. The knight looked on, into their face.

His expression was frozen in a rictus grin, eyes bloodshot and spittle leaking from one side of the pale lips. They raised their twin axes, hafts overlapping on top of their chest. One last salute to his executioner. A semblance of honour, even as he was a semblance of the warrior he had once been. The knight returned the salute, dark sword held aloft, tip towards the night sky. Already he could see the butcher’s face twist, and pull. The subtle signs he had seen long ago when he trained with them. Another time. Another age. Before everything had gone wrong, and brother was made to kill brother. Before Fathers poisoned their sons with lies, truths, and cruel technology. Before humanity fell from its pedestal forged with the blood of trillions. The knight could only hope that when his time came, he would meet his death with such honour. He would remember everything he had been. 

Then the rage returned. The bloodthirsty look that signified the fading of sanity and reason. And the image shattered one last time. 

gallery_78067_11287_22383.jpeg

Walls fail, Fists do not. The byword of our clan.

For the past 3 months we have adhered to this first principle in battle. Never a wayward step in war. We have taken the fight to our greatest enemies, the traitorous Iron Warriors, and given it our all. Rhetoricus tells us the soul of an Imperial Fist is in his sword: we have taken up that sword, and we have taken up our bolter, all of us, and we have fought the good fight.

And some of us: some of us have fallen by the wayside. Such is the nature of war. But for those who remain, their names will be inscribed in glory for ten thousand generations to come, by the scribes and scriveners who tend still to our fortresses and our holdfasts on holy Terra, and the remembrancers will sing of our deeds!

We are not cowards. We do not break and run. But, sometimes, war must come to respite for however brief a time. Sons of Dorn, return to the Phalanx. Rearm yourselves and look to your armor. We fight another day – and make no mistake, there will be another day – but for today, at least, our duty is fulfilled.

In this, the Emperor commands us. Dorn guides us. Honour shields us.

Our enemies shall fear our Name, for it is vengeance!

+ EXPANSION ENDED +

gallery_45765_12309_40684.jpg

[+pict-file source+]

Praetors of the Imperium and His domain.

Protectors of Mankind.

Children of Dorn.

My sisters and brothers.

We stand tall, bloodied but ultimately victorious. We rose the storm and stood firm in the face of Death and his hordes of vile minions. We rose our shields and stood shoulder-to-shoulder in the shield-wall like warriors of old. We brought them down through disciplined fire and superior tactics. We have won a might victory for not only our Chapter but the whole Imperium. On this day, Dorn and the Emperor smile down upon us. We spilt the blood of the enemy in Their name and prevailed against all odds.

While we grieve the fallen, let us not dwell upon their death but rather the honour they have acquired in the name of our Father and our Chapter. Their sacrifice has granted us victory over our traitorous kin of the Iron Warriors and their filthy Warp-corrupted allies. Without them we would have fallen too. Their names shall be engraved into the black marble tablets of the Hall of Honour deep within the Phalanx. Their names shall be sung for centuries to come and shall not be forgotten.

My sisters and brothers.

Today we celebrate, in the name of our fallen Frater!

Today we sing, in the name of Terra, the Throneworld!

Today we remind the traitors of our victory in the name of Dorn and the Emperor!

+ + + + + + +

My, my. What a journey this has been.

First and foremost, I would like to find each and everyone of you for participating. Whether you ultimately succeeded or not is irrelevant. This event would have been a soggy flop if it wasn't for your vows, your WIP pictures, your banter, your encouraging comments, your constructive criticism. So again, from the bottom of my heart, thank you.

Secondly... well, I didn't expect such a resounding victory for us. While we definitely had a good solid start, Team IW were doing well and were a real threat to our victory. However once we managed to get the first vows completed and the subsequent vows in, we pulled ahead and managed to maintain our advantage. While I don't know what their final tally of points is, ours is definitely far ahead with a mighty 11'585 points completed out of 17'196 points pledged (giving us a nice completion rate of 67.37%). While I would have liked a slightly higher completion rate, it is nonetheless impressive and we should all be proud of what has been achieved during these past three months.

Thirdly, and on a more personal note, I have failed to complete my vow yet again... I want to say no surprises there but I honestly did believe that I would finish mine on time especially since I had gotten a good start. Alas, it was not to be and I shall be sure to spend some time in the Pain Glove as penance for my failure and strive to do better next time! Quite a few lessons have been learned, too. That said, if you would like to provide me with your (constructive) criticism and general feedback, my office door PM inbox is always open!

Right, I'm out of time so banners and a list of all victorous and fallen participants will come this weekend. Real life is chucking spanners at me like there's no tomorrow at the moment so as long as I don't get hit by one and suffer concussion, I should be able to find time in the next few days to do what needs to be done!

Again, thank you all for participating in this fourth Imperial Fists Expansion and keep your eyes peeled for signs of future events... msn-wink.gif

Your ever-faithful Moderator and Son of Dorn,

Dosjetka

Vow Complete.

@jimbo13

Finally some pics with raw ceramite. Nicely done Excoriators

Glad you like em. And that they are clear as to what they are. I'm actually considering doing a full army of em. Or at least a 1st company formation so that they have every right to look like that.

Bah, tried to update my Lysander as an act of commemoration, as mentioned before... it was basically tausept ochre before, now I did Averland sunset plus Lamanter's yellow glaze. Still not quite... yellow. I guess I have to step it up another notch and go for Golden Yellow dry.png

Archived