Augs:

Right, I'm out of time so banners and a list of all victorous and fallen participants will come this weekend. Real life is chucking spanners at me like there's no tomorrow at the moment so as long as I don't get hit by one and suffer concussion, I should be able to find time in the next few days to do what needs to be done!

;)

I have failed you, Sons of Dorn, the transport (empty icecream tub) carrying my Dreadnought, Neophytes, paints, glue, super glue, brushes, snips, scalpel, files and sculpting tool was mistakenly thrown in the bin by my beautiful, lovely, amazing wife, whom I forgive completely of course.

This obviously led me to be unable to complete my second vow, it also means I need to purchase new kits and paints and stuff (msn-wink.gif).

I have reserved a week in the pain glove as pennance.

Are you certain your wife has not been replaced by an agent of Chaos? :P 

Of course now that the event is over, I finally found my airbrush and tested it enough to get a good coat on the Razorback I was originally working on for the last vow. Pfft. Had I found it early enough could've easily done at least two more vehicles during the event :P 

I have failed you, Sons of Dorn, the transport (empty icecream tub) carrying my Dreadnought, Neophytes, paints, glue, super glue, brushes, snips, scalpel, files and sculpting tool was mistakenly thrown in the bin by my beautiful, lovely, amazing wife, whom I forgive completely of course.

This obviously led me to be unable to complete my second vow, it also means I need to purchase new kits and paints and stuff (msn-wink.gif).

Oh man...

Are you certain your wife has not been replaced by an agent of Chaos? tongue.png

Of course now that the event is over, I finally found my airbrush and tested it enough to get a good coat on the Razorback I was originally working on for the last vow. Pfft. Had I found it early enough could've easily done at least two more vehicles during the event tongue.png

Always the case eh? You always find that thing right after the need for it dissappears. LOL

Oh man...

Yeah, sucks, I now need to go buy 5 more snipers, another dreadnought and a load of paints and shiny new tools.

... and sculpting tool was mistakenly thrown in the bin by my beautiful, lovely, amazing wife, whom I forgive completely of course.

yeah... "mistakenly"... never heard that before...

smile.png

Although my "darling, understanding wife" moans like crazy when my figures and paints and stuff get left out on the bedroom chest, I don't think she would deliberately "remove" them from my life.

That hurts the heart :/

Lost kits always does, buying the replacement bits warms the heart back up.

@SCOTT_FRANCIS: JUST AS PLANNED?

Ha ha, If I could have finished the vow before she threw the tub away that would have been awsome. Vow complete, honor upheld, new shiny tools and paints. LOL

As it is, my BT force will have to wait until after Christmas before it receives reinforcements. down.gif

• 3 weeks later...

This has taken far, far too long and you all have my most sincere apologies for the ridiculous delay. 2016 has been a rough year for most (if not all) and I'll be glad to see the end of it. Anyway, here is the banner for all of those who successfully completed all of their vows:

gallery_45765_12309_3754.png

http://image.bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_12309/gallery_45765_12309_3754.png

Congratulations to these honourable Frater who managed to paint a whopping 11'585 points in three months! Excellent work! thumbsup.gif

To those who failed (myself included)... well, there's always next time to do better.

Now, I wish you all a safe and enjoyable end of 2016. Roll on 2017 and a plethora of hobby madness and events! biggrin.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hurray! More badges! Thanks for running the event, Dosjetka. Indeed, 2016 was a bad one (except winnign the ETL for the third time, that kinda rocked tongue.png), but we'll make up for it with 2017, for sure. Hopefully there'll be number V this year, and we'll see the return of ranks, like last year's Expansion!

I'm very thankfull for the drive to finish so many models. Quite a few of them are on display at my loval GW store right now, but when they get back, I'll make a group shot of all of them combined and post it here. :tu:

Archived