Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

+ Imperial Fists Expansion IV +

- - - - - Imperial Fists Expansion IFE IFE IV Sons of Dorn Imperial Fists Expansion Challenge Kicking Chaos in the teeth Dosjetka

• Please log in to reply
785 replies to this topic

Kisada

Kisada

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 412 posts
  • Chapter Name: Black Templar

@ Kisada - It worked well, sometimes I think people go too far, I think you got it about right.

Enough for a trophy, a weapon and arm shield from a dreadnoght?

Thanks ... it was really nerve wracking ... my first time attempting it.

As for the trophy ... seems like that's enough IMHO ... not your fault if that's all that is left over after you've blown up that traitorous walking coffin lol

• SCOTT_FRANCIS likes this

QUOTE (Nobu @ Feb 1 2012, 01:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We'll crusade them so hard they'll die to death.

Chaos20at20the20Gates20220Completion_zps

Firepower

Firepower

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,941 posts
  • Chapter Name: Black Templars
I, Firepower, vow on the honour of the Black Templars to fully paint at least 2 Stormtalons wielding righteous Skyhammer justice from Codex: Space Marines, and worth 230 points by Saturday 3rd December 2016. I promise to provide at least one "start" picture and a final "vow completed" picture in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

No Pity!  No Remorse!  No Fear!

• Dosjetka and SCOTT_FRANCIS like this

Suffer not the xeno psyker kitten, as to it the souls of man are but balls of yarn and jingly amusements!
Brother Chaplain Kage: "I don't think anything makes Firepower happy."
gallery_38474_6916_12161.jpggallery_38474_6916_19616.jpgBT_Chaos_at_the_Gates_Banner.gifgallery_38474_6916_5384.jpggallery_29004_6198_9307.pngsml_gallery_29004_10691_1994.pnggallery_38474_6917_1744.pnggallery_38474_6916_16905.png
Templars a la Firepower -- IA: Broken Arrows -- Broken Arrows WIP Blog -- My Crummy Sketches

Canadian_F_H

Canadian_F_H

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,164 posts

update on my Imperial/Crimson Fist Terminator Librarian

base trophy
Trophy Placement
Fallen Iron Warrior
slain Iron Warrior
base size comparison
washer base to terminator base size comparison
fill with JB Weld
bottom of washers filled with JB Weld
more upgrade shots
slotta base fit into washers and glued
upgrading a 25mm slotta to a 40mm terminator base.
lip of 25mm slotta base cut off, pair of washers superglued together
Trophies, Slay the sonds of Perturabo
assorted trophies for vow.

what do y'all think?

please forgive the heretical paint scheme... i bought and painted him back when black templars were just a codex chapter color scheme... i ended up using him as an inquisitor in terminator armour for my imperial guard later mostly... and honestly, tho im doing him up as a SM now, the model is kinda small compared to current terminators, so i guess if you find him he'd make an ok inquisitor conversion.

i just cant decide if i should crimson or imperial fist him...

Dosjetka

Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 9,527 posts
  • Chapter Name: [FATALDATAERROR]
Since we already have quite a few Imperial Fists, why not go with Crimson Fists? :)

'Perfer et obdura, dolor hic tibi proderit olim.' - Ovid

Chronic procrastinator & amateur "butterfly hobbyist".

Canadian_F_H

Canadian_F_H

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,164 posts

Since we already have quite a few Imperial Fists, why not go with Crimson Fists? :)

Well, "I" don't have any imperial fists or crimson fists yet so, it's a toss up for me personally. Tho I planned to do a blended force eventually as an allied dornian crusade thing for my black templars.

Even if I make the librarian an imperial fist, I was planning on doing the red hand for him and the black templar squad like they sometimes do when they fight along side them on campaign.

Dosjetka

Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 9,527 posts
Ah, right. Sorry abut that.

Sounds good though. Yellow is a nice challenge painting-wise and painting each gauntlet a different colour makes the model interesting/gives it character.

SCOTT_FRANCIS

SCOTT_FRANCIS

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,472 posts

@ Kisada - It worked well, sometimes I think people go too far, I think you got it about right.

Enough for a trophy, a weapon and arm shield from a dreadnoght?

Thanks ... it was really nerve wracking ... my first time attempting it.

As for the trophy ... seems like that's enough IMHO ... not your fault if that's all that is left over after you've blown up that traitorous walking coffin lol

Twin Linked Lascannon and a twin Linked Assault Cannon to the face. Bye bye Traitorous scum, Does your Chaos God love you now? msn-wink.gif

I was just going to go for the feet. LOL

Edited by SCOTT_FRANCIS, 16 September 2016 - 10:43 PM.

ETL_2014_Banner_V2_03A_Custos_Fidei.jpgETL_2016_Banner_02_Oath_Breaker.jpg

BrotherJim

BrotherJim

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 949 posts

@ Dosjetka - just the damage would be appreciated! I think I'll be fine with the yellow. But the battle damage I'm debating about which colour to use, and weather I should paint it on or sponge it on, maybe a toothbrush flick, or stipple effect, actual weathering powders...
There are too many options, I want to go for a semi old school feel so I think I will probably try just painting it on. But still I'm not sure about which colours.

Any insight would be motivating; once I get rolling I usually do alright.

Making some progress this morning before I head out, I'll experiment abit with these first units until I figure out what I like.

1516575A-8588-4688-BF96-8D3AE3F1B1C1_zps
  • Kisada likes this

nortran11

nortran11

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 91 posts
  • Chapter Name: Imperial Fists

I, Nortran11, vow as a Son of Dorn the Imperial Fists 5th Company Command squad. This command squad is valued at 250 points

Edited by nortran11, 21 September 2016 - 05:52 PM.

• Dosjetka likes this

gallery_45765_11559_29798.png

Kisada

Kisada

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 412 posts
New box set pic with plastic MKIII is really lighting a fire in me ... So #hardforheresy. Need to crank out what I have so I can prepare for MKIII Breachers and stone gauntlet!

Octothorpe

Octothorpe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5 posts
Woo- account activation came just in time to join in on this. ^^

I, Octothorpe, vow on the honour of the Black Templars chapter and an as-yet-unnamed Crusade to fully paint at least one 15-man Crusader Squad consisting of 9 Initiates, with five trading boltgun for chainsword, one flamer, and a power axe, five Neophytes, three armed with chainsword, one with bolter, one with shotgun, and a Sword Brother armed with paired lightning claws and melta bombs, as well as one Chaplain armed with bolt pistol, Crozius, melta bombs and digital weapons to lead them into glorious battle, from Codex: Space Marines, and worth a total of 360 points by Saturday 3rd December 2016. I promise to provide at least one "start" picture and a final "vow completed" picture in that time. I vow to bring honour to Sigismund, Dorn, and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

Ave Imperator!

(This couldn't have come at a better time- I had just bought the chapter upgrade box and decided to challenge myself in terms of paint quality a week after this contest was announced :) )

Before!

• Dosjetka and SCOTT_FRANCIS like this

BrotherJim

BrotherJim

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 949 posts
Is there a picture with the Mark III or just the White Dwarf with custodes are you referring to?

Kisada

Kisada

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 412 posts

Is there a picture with the Mark III or just the White Dwarf with custodes are you referring to?

Just the white dwarf picture

Dosjetka

Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 9,527 posts
What? Which picture? Where? How come I haven't seen this? :ph34r:

SCOTT_FRANCIS

SCOTT_FRANCIS

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,472 posts

Hmm, so just checked the vow states of both sides.

It's a good job Abbaddon (Traitorous son of a Traitorous son, I even think I spelt it wrong LOL) doesn't need the Iron warriors. biggrin.png

They are at less than half of our current strength, we will smash them. tongue.png

Onward Sons of Dorn, the tide of battle is with us, let us not pause in our destruction of the enemy, let us not waver in the completion of our vows.

For Dorn and the Emperor Brothers.

Let us crush these Traitors, erase the stain they have bought to the Brotherhood of Space Marines.

Edited by SCOTT_FRANCIS, 17 September 2016 - 08:44 AM.

Lord Thørn

Lord Thørn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,668 posts
  • Chapter Name: Iron Warriors Legion (XCIII)

It's a good job Abbaddon (Traitorous son of a Traitorous son, I even think I spelt it wrong LOL) doesn't need the Iron warriors. biggrin.png

They are at less than half of our current strength, we will smash them. tongue.png

Onward Sons of Dorn, the tide of battle is with us, let us not pause in our destruction of the enemy, let us not waver in the completion of our vows.

Let us crush these Traitors, erase the stain they have bought to the Brotherhood of Space Marines.

Actually, I haven't updated the list in waaay too long.

But you're still ahead of us by a long stretch...

SCOTT_FRANCIS

SCOTT_FRANCIS

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,472 posts

Actually, I haven't updated the list in waaay too long.

But you're still ahead of us by a long stretch...

I have faith Brother, we will still win!!!

Halandaar

Halandaar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,472 posts
  • Chapter Name: Minotaurs
276D3C7E-0D61-4BCF-8196-DEBEC4F4FE0B_zps
85560F6E-13E3-4554-9CA3-23DE5921AACC_zps
  • BrotherJim and JAG Templar like this

ProjectLogsBanner_zpst6u6alrs.png MinotaursBanner_zpss9debfxv.png AlphaLegionBanner_zpsbvnjdfkj.png ThousandSonsBanner_zpsepvbqnia.png EventsBanner_zpshae9krd5.png xenophile_zpshyoyy9dy.png ifexiv_zpsotfxrnnv.png ETL_2016_Badge_04_Forum_Champion_Codex_z ETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei04_zpscciv L_T_2_2016_Medal_zpsjpjntd9q.gif L_T_3_2017_Banner_zpsiln0srdt.jpg

SCOTT_FRANCIS

SCOTT_FRANCIS

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,472 posts

I Scott_Francis of the Black Templars declare my first vow complete.

Vow I complete

Fear us traitors, for we will strike you down!

Death from the skies.

• Kisada and paulJam like this

Dosjetka

Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 9,527 posts

+ No more first vows/new participants shall be allowed henceforth. +

+ List updated. +

Sete and notran11: I need you both to ammend your vows to include the points value of the models you're pledging.

Welcome Firepower!

Welcome back mccaptain, AndrewChristlieb, and Augustus! Good luck with your second/third vows! :tu:

And, last but not least, congratulations to Halandaar and SF for completing their vows! Just need to post your second vow now. ;)

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,663 posts
  • Chapter Name: Black Templars/Grey Talons
Will do when I get home!

Halandaar

Halandaar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,472 posts
  • Chapter Name: Minotaurs

And, last but not least, congratulations to Halandaar and SF for completing their vows! Just need to post your second vow now. ;)

Thanks! I quite enjoyed painting it; my first attempt at yellow and any kind of weathering. I'm contemplating putting together a little kill team to go with him but no firm plans at the moment. Can I vow again at any time before the deadline?

ProjectLogsBanner_zpst6u6alrs.png MinotaursBanner_zpss9debfxv.png AlphaLegionBanner_zpsbvnjdfkj.png ThousandSonsBanner_zpsepvbqnia.png EventsBanner_zpshae9krd5.png xenophile_zpshyoyy9dy.png ifexiv_zpsotfxrnnv.png ETL_2016_Badge_04_Forum_Champion_Codex_z ETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei04_zpscciv L_T_2_2016_Medal_zpsjpjntd9q.gif L_T_3_2017_Banner_zpsiln0srdt.jpg

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,663 posts
  • Chapter Name: Black Templars/Grey Talons

I, Sete , vow  to complete my Knight Captain of the (DiY) Knights of Dorn Chapter wielding a Master Crafted Relic Blade and relic Bolt Pistol and worth 150 points by Saturday 3rd December 2016. 

By My Honour i shall not fail!

gallery_79735_12430_2801.jpg

Dosjetka

Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 9,527 posts

+ List updated. +

Welcome Sete. :tu:

Thanks! I quite enjoyed painting it; my first attempt at yellow and any kind of weathering. I'm contemplating putting together a little kill team to go with him but no firm plans at the moment. Can I vow again at any time before the deadline?

You've done a good job for a first attempt. Keep it up! And yes, since you've pledged your first vow before last Saturday, you can now pledge another six vows with up to four units per vow. :)

• Halandaar likes this

Kisada

Kisada

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 412 posts

Glowy Lascannon coils?

Also ... how do you paint on etched brass?  The super small raised lettering seems impossible to paint

tyeggcp.jpg?1

Edited by Brother Tyler, 20 September 2016 - 01:12 AM.
Profanity is not allowed at the B&C.

• BrotherJim likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Imperial Fists Expansion, IFE, IFE IV, Sons of Dorn, Imperial Fists, Expansion, Challenge, Kicking Chaos in the teeth, Dosjetka

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users