I, Marshal Mattias, vow on the honour of the Black Templars to fully paint at least one Chapter Master Marshal in Armour Indomnitus, with Burning Blade and Thunder Hammer, Digital Weapons, Auspex, Melta Bomb and Teleport Homer, from C:SM, and worth 300pts by Saturday 3rd December 2016. I promise to provide at least one "start" picture and a final "vow completed" picture in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

Ave Imperator!

This was going to be my next ETL vow but I ran out of time ;)

http://i.imgur.com/z4O7Qb7.png

http://i.imgur.com/ctI5jdw.jpg?1

The Mailled Fists Chapter has heard the Astropathic call from Phalanx and will aid our noble progenitors!

I, Brother Sgt., Kartr, vow on the honour of the Mailled Fists to fully paint at least a 10x Marine Tactical squad w/combi-grav and flamer, a Thunder Fire Cannon w/Techmarine, 2x Attack Bikes w/both options, and 1x Rhinos from Codex: Adeptus Astartes, and worth 395 points by Saturday 3rd December 2016. I promise to provide at least one "start" picture and a final "vow completed" picture in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

Ave Imperator! Dorn Lives!

My "start" picture. Ignore the other two Rhinos, I didn't realize we were only allowed 4 units when I took the picture.

http://i.imgur.com/VQMnM48.jpg

I've been taking stock of things I could paint for my BT/CF/IF in addition to the 12 terminators I already vowed, after two years of not really getting any marines painted. Off the top of my head, the list includes at least:

2 terminator captain

1 terminator librarian
1 librarian
2 chaplains
5 sternguard
5-10 assault terminators
10 vanguard veterans
5 man LotD squad?
2 attack bikes
6-9 bikes
1 storm talon
2 land speeders
1 land speeder storm
1 land raider crusader/redeemer
3 drop pods
5-man devastator squad
probably some rhino hull variant
30+ troops

Of course, this is way, waaay more than I can paint in this timeframe, but at least I have options...... too many options unsure.png Also some of the units are uncertain as to which chapter they'll belong to.

Jerulas Secundus was once again embroiled by war, instead of the meager resistance offered by rebellious citizens a millennia ago, the Templars were now facing a far more potent and terrifying foe. The Iron Warriors, sworn enemy of the Imperial Fists, including their successors such as the Black Templars, have begun bombarding the loyalist's position with artillery shells and long ranged missiles.

A hundred Centuries ago, when the Emperor still walked among His people, the Primarch Horus led his Legion and his brothers to turn from their father and burn worlds in the name of their newfound masters. The Emperor's armies proved victorious and repelled the traitorous forces, slaying Horus and banishing his turncoat armies into the Eye of Terror. Included among these forces were the Iron Warriors, a Legion that harbored an exceptional bitter hatred towards the Imperial Fists and any Chapter that has inherited Dorn's will. They were a Legion centered on Siege Warfare and destroying their enemies with attrition and brutal force was their method of war, the Imperial Fists which were masters of fortifications and defensive warfare, made them the natural enemies of the Iron Warriors.

Due to the actions of a rogue agent of the Inquisition, the Iron Warriors were now on Jerulas, laying siege to a city in ruins, full of loyalist defenders and citizens clinging to whatever life they have left, and the only way to live through this moment was to rely on the black knights and in their faith that the Emperor protects.

+++

Felix was holding on to the Aquila icon strapped around his neck as if it would protect him from the continuous shelling coming from the heretics position. His ears were bleeding, the ground was continuously shaking, shrapnel was flying everywhere and there was a constant ringing in his head. He had lost his squad during the bombardment and he was sure that he was the only one remaining out of his group of fifteen conscripts. Just a few moments ago, they were on recon duty, scouting the outskirts of the city searching for any trace of enemy infiltrators that might have climbed through the wall or entered by the sewer access tunnels. They had finished their sweep, climbing down from the walls that stood two hundred meters off the ground and was on their way back to report to their superiors when the bombardment begun. The only warning they got was the whistling sound of a fast moving object crashing on top of the Commissar assigned to their squad, there was a massive explosion which sent all of them flying and a shower of blood and dirt rained where once there used to be a person. Panicking, he immediately crawled under a large chunk of rubble while the shells fell all around him. He was screaming, or at the least he thought he was since he still couldn't hear anything, when the bombardment stopped. A large area of the wall had collapsed and as Felix crawled out of his hiding spot, tanks and armored boots shook the ground, the traitorous Space Marines have invaded the city.

Covered in dust and bones aching from the thunderous impacts of the enemy artillery, Felix slowly crawled towards a crouched shape that bore the same olive colored uniform as his. "Jacque! Jacque! Are you alive? Hey Jacque!" he yelled towards the figure. Jacque, another of the conscripts recruited to defend their world looked up and released the contents of his stomach through his mouth. "I'm alive!? Holy Throne of Terra! I'm alive!" he exclaimed after wiping the bile off his lips. Another figure came from behind one of the crates that were overturned during the bombardment, carrying a Hotshot Lasgun, Sergeant Montoya vaulted over to their position. "How in the name of the Emperor are you two still alive? It doesn't matter, the enemy are coming this way and you better pick up your guns." He said to his two survivors. Jacque, shaking his head out of the daze reacted first, his Lasgun was gone, obliterated during the bombardment, so instead he pulled out his sidearm, a small compact laspistol he kept hidden inside his boot while Felix picked up a Lasgun from under the corpse of a fellow guardsman. Montoya knew that things looked bleak, they could not outrun the enemy since they had armored vehicles, they won't be able to win in a firefight since they were severely outnumbered and they would have to be extremely lucky to even kill one of the traitorous Marines. They were almost upon them now, only about six meters in distance, and he was already saying his peace to the God-Emperor, his men could hear him too, Felix was sobbing like a child and Jacque was cursing at his ill fate. He took aim, prepared to die in honor of at least trying to kill a traitor Marine, when the closest heretic collapsed upon itself in a gush of metallic shards and blood.

From behind them, three juggernauts of war bore down on the traitors, a loud cry of "For Dorn and the Emperor!" emanated from them as they barreled through the rubble kicking up more dust while firing their heavy guns towards the turncoats. The three black armored giants in their Centurion Warsuits decimated the enemy forces, bolter rounds crashed one after the other as their chest mounted hurricane bolters laid down a torrent of fire. "Get your men to the top of that bastion and man those heavy guns, NOW SERGEANT!" The lead giant roared to the stunned human, which shook him out of his shock and placed him back into action. They ran for the cover of the bastion bullets whizzing past them as they go, while behind them the Templars clashed once more with the traitorous forces of the Iron Warriors, a ten thousand year of brewed hatred and wrath flaring the inferno of war between those who once called each other 'brothers'.

To be cont....

I vowed these guys up for ETL V, unfortunately (or fortunately enough for this event) I didn't manage to finish them up... unfortunately again, I managed to finish up everybody else for my AoP... good thing there's this painting challenge to motivate me to work on these guys.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-MJ_mBsQwsNM/UotWaDLBhnI/AAAAAAAACNY/g_V9JYXFK8w/w1200-h630-p-nu/Imperial+Fists+Centurion.jpg

I, Marshal Roujakis of the Vengeance Crusade, vow on the honour of the Black Templars, Successor to the will of Dorn to fully paint a trio of Hellstorm pattern Centurion Warsuits armed with Grav Cannon, Grav Amps and Hurricane Bolters led by a Sword Brother with an Omniscope from Codex: Space Marines, and worth 260 pts. by Saturday 3rd December 2016. I promise to provide at least one "start" picture and a final "vow completed" picture in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

Imperator Vult! (because Ave Imperator is for Codex followers :p)

Start pictures:

http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o622/Marshal_Roujakis/WIP/DSC00619_zpsd6nwk5cz.jpg

As to the difference between a standard Centurion and this one... I didn't like the lack of... 40k-ness of the model, so I added a collar to it and additional armor across the arms... the result was something much more similar to the Cataphractii pattern Terminator Armor, which I severely liked. The current Centurions looked a little too modernized for my liking.

It can be done. If you need help figuring out how to kit them out for a nice list, I'd be happy to help you out, tvih.

Question: can dedicated trasnports count as being part of the unit vowed, or do they individually count toeards the 4 units per vow cap? So if I have a tac and a devastator squad and two rhino's, can I vow these as two units, or must I vow these as four?

Hey Dos can i vow the Deathwatch termie captain as my first warm up vow if i give him an Imperial fist's shoulderpad... ermm.gif

Mithril

While DW technically is not allowed, I am certain Dos would not object if you vowed him as a normal Codex Terminator Captain. smile.png

Buuuut he would have black armor and a silver left arm ermm.gif ... ...confused.gif i guess he used to be a normal termie captain...whistlingW.gif

i'll wait for Dos's stamp first...

Mithril

In that case I'd like to invite everyone participating to add a concept. It's nothing strenuous, I must add - two or three paragraphs would be plenty for an idea. I'll have a concept of my own up soon. Come on over. smile.png

Working on mine. Should get it posted up today! Cool idea. thumbsup.gif

I've been taking stock of things I could paint for my BT/CF/IF in addition to the 12 terminators I already vowed, after two years of not really getting any marines painted. Off the top of my head, the list includes at least:

*snip*

Of course, this is way, waaay more than I can paint in this timeframe, but at least I have options...... too many options unsure.png Also some of the units are uncertain as to which chapter they'll belong to.

That's quite a haul. I look forward to seeing your seven vows. tongue.png

Question: can dedicated trasnports count as being part of the unit vowed, or do they individually count toeards the 4 units per vow cap? So if I have a tac and a devastator squad and two rhino's, can I vow these as two units, or must I vow these as four?

I've had a quick chat with Thorn and we've decided that Dedicated Transports are unit upgrades and not separate units unless you just want to vow a Rhino on its own in which case it will be a separate unit. I hope that's clear. thumbsup.gif

Hey Dos can i vow the Deathwatch termie captain as my first warm up vow if i give him an Imperial fist's shoulderpad... ermm.gif

Mithril

If he's a Son of Dorn (Imperial Fists or successor), he's fine. He just needs to use Codex: Space Marines for wargear instead of Codex: Deathwatch.

While DW technically is not allowed, I am certain Dos would not object if you vowed him as a normal Codex Terminator Captain. smile.png

The Codex isn't allowed, but models painted as Deathwatch sure are. I'll add that as an addendum to the rules!

I do have a BaC set and a hankering to do some Imperial Fists.. hmmm...

Dooooo eeeeeeeeet!

In that case I'd like to invite everyone participating to add a concept. It's nothing strenuous, I must add - two or three paragraphs would be plenty for an idea. I'll have a concept of my own up soon. Come on over. smile.png

Working on mine. Should get it posted up today! Cool idea. thumbsup.gif

What do you mean by "concept"?

I've had a quick chat with Thorn and we've decided that Dedicated Transports are unit upgrades and not separate units unless you just want to vow a Rhino on its own in which case it will be a separate unit. I hope that's clear.

Just to be even clearer, any dedicated transport can be chosen as either a part of its dedicated unit or as a unit by itself, allowing the vower to choose whether to vow more in a single vow or to play it safe :)

Mithril

If he's a Son of Dorn (Imperial Fists or successor), he's fine. He just needs to use Codex: Space Marines for wargear instead of Codex: Deathwatch.

If it can help, I've said in the iron without thread that units that identify themselves as sons of perturabo are allowed - ie, honsou, despite having imperial fist geneseed, identifies himself first and foremost as a son of perturabo so he's allowed. However the minotaurs - despite being probably of iron warriors genestock - don't identify themselves as sons of perturabo, so they aren't allowed.

Here, the soul drinkers believe themselves to be sons of dorn so they are allowed. A deathwatch unit composed only of sons of dorn are allowed (using sm codex), but a unit with a blood angel would not (frex.). As many dw units are minimum 1 model, you have a fair bit of leeway

If it can help, I've said in the iron without thread that units that identify themselves as sons of perturabo are allowed - ie, honsou, despite having imperial fist geneseed, identifies himself first and foremost as a son of perturabo so he's allowed. However the minotaurs - despite being probably of iron warriors genestock - don't identify themselves as sons of perturabo, so they aren't allowed.

Here, the soul drinkers believe themselves to be sons of dorn so they are allowed. A deathwatch unit composed only of sons of dorn are allowed (using sm codex), but a unit with a blood angel would not (frex.). As many dw units are minimum 1 model, you have a fair bit of leeway

Though the Soul Drinkers are actually a 2nd Founding Imperial Fists successor. ;)

But yeah, thanks!

Though the Soul Drinkers are actually a 2nd Founding Imperial Fists successor. msn-wink.gif

But yeah, thanks!

Soul Drinkers books spoiler:

Well, I've heard that at the end of the last book, they discover that they aren't actually Imperial Fists successors ;)

I've posted my own concept. It took me about half an hour so I'd encourage others to think of something and post it up. thumbsup.gif

Thorn: Sigh... I give up.

I wasn't being sarcastic. I am just a bit tired of all these retcons, "ahahahaha you had noooo idea" moments, etc that seem to be more and more frequent within the 40k fluff.

Luckily for me, it can all be ignored if one so wishes. :)

I've posted my own concept. It took me about half an hour so I'd encourage others to think of something and post it up. thumbsup.gif

Just seen the concepts idea. Might try and see if I can get something similar going for the Iron Without :)

Hey guys, 

I will be vowing!!! I swear... Just waiting on some stuff to come in. Don't want to cash checks with my brush I can't keep.

If I'm using a Knight Errant in my legion force is it kosher to vow him? Or is that a no...?

Hey guys, 

I will be vowing!!! I swear... Just waiting on some stuff to come in. Don't want to cash checks with my brush I can't keep.

If I'm using a Knight Errant in my legion force is it kosher to vow him? Or is that a no...?

Imperial Knights have no geneseed, and especially no IV legion geneseed. Not are they vehicles part of the Legion/Chapter proper. So unfortunately that's a no. :(

Hey guys,

Hey guys,

Imperial Knights have no geneseed, and especially no IV legion geneseed. Not are they vehicles part of the Legion/Chapter proper. So unfortunately that's a no. sad.png

As Augustus said in the other thread, Knights aren't part of the Legion so no, they wouldn't qualify for an official vow. You can always do the Knight as an out-of-competition entry though.

And please...

Please keep anything else than vows out of this thread and in the General Banter thread. Thanks! thumbsup.gif

If you have questions, it goes into the General Banter thread or you PM me. This thread is for rules and vows!

Hey guys,

Should have clarified, Knight Errant=Malcador's Chosen.

Also sorry about the mispost in the other thread ohmy.png

Archived