Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

IL XX - The Predators

Brotherhood of the Lost Alternate universe Fanfiction

• Please log in to reply
582 replies to this topic

bluntblade

bluntblade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,631 posts
  • Faction: Inkspillers
Nope, we never established bio-controlled ships and it's too close to Tyranids for my liking

simison

simison

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,516 posts
  • Faction: Halcyon Wardens, Blood Angels

Wanted to follow-up on Thorn's suggestion here. Instead of the Predators being concentrated like most of the Legions, Icarion arranges them to be as spread out as possible since he can't arrange a Primarch to eliminate Andezo. On the DoR, a combination of Pred Traitors and Warbringers try to drown Andezo in raw numbers. This could also be a way to involve the Predators in multiple theaters instead of limiting them to the Eastern campaigns. How does that sound to you?

Edited by simison, 10 July 2019 - 01:44 PM.

Project Leader of the Brotherhood of the Lost

The Second Son: Narrative of the BOTL Vth Legion Primarch

Brotherhood of the Lost has arrived on Patreon

gallery_92945_11930_24196.png

Kelborn

Kelborn

++ LECTOR HOSPITIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,714 posts
  • Faction: None - I'm a fluff nerd.

Generally speaking, I'm fine with this.

But that would require more traitor Preds as one single tribe might not be enough, I fear. Or are we talking about comitting the entire Warbringers' into this?

We already got that skirmish in the Waniku sector between the Preds and the Warbringers.

My thoughts:

- Shatter the XX in all directions with one massive blow or distract them and lure them into several smaller engagements -> spreading their forces thin

- More traitor Preds required? If so, I need to have a look about which tribe to participate and most likely be replaced with new tribes

- What about the the order of events? GC into quest into DoR still viable?

- Alternative: Andezo sends Ebonspears and Phantom Blades in the final days of the GC on their quest, while gathering his forces right before the DoR

- DoR occurs, Andezo is enraged and sends his sons chasing after the close-by traitor forces?

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Brotherhood of the Lost - The Icarion Insurrection: http://www.bolterand...od-of-the-lost/

This is my mod voice. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My mod voice is a means to an end.

Let us avoid it, alright?

simison

simison

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,516 posts

I'm not sure we're on the same wavelength. I'm not saying the Preds would be in one battle on the DoR. Instead, I'm saying that the Tribes would be sent on a bunch of different deployments, leaving Andezo with a couple of Tribes on the DoR. On the DoR, the Traitor Preds would strike with a large amount of Warbringers backing them up. I believe you wanted an entire Tribe to die, which could happen, but Andezo is able to fight his way out of the ambush. 

Kelborn

Kelborn

++ LECTOR HOSPITIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,714 posts

I got your point. I was just brainstorming how to execute.

Still, how many of the Warbringers will be contribute to this? Half the Legion? The entire Legion? Are they dealing with Andezo and the bulk of the XXth or with the seperate forces, as well?

How many tribes shall fight seperatly? How widespread shall they be?

Bloodlords overwhelming the Plainrunners is still a thing. Just curious if we need more traitor Preds in this case.

Brotherhood of the Lost - The Icarion Insurrection: http://www.bolterand...od-of-the-lost/

This is my mod voice. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My mod voice is a means to an end.

bluntblade

bluntblade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,631 posts
  • Faction: Inkspillers
Perhaps throw in some Eagle Warriors for one Tribe, emphasising that they were pretty spread out.

We could have one Tribe unable to reach Andezo at all and making common cause with other isolated Loyalists. Remind me Kel, is it the Stormspear who we've set up to become the Storm/Tempest Blades by 40K?

Edited by bluntblade, 12 July 2019 - 09:12 AM.

Kelborn

Kelborn

++ LECTOR HOSPITIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,714 posts

Them along with the Phantom Blades, yes.

The role you've mentioned could fit well with the Black Conda, who were ment to operate alone, becoming a blackshield.

simison

simison

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,516 posts

At this point, Thorn is suggesting fully half of the Warbringers is being committed to this operation, almost a full 100k marines. 

The Preds, in total, only number 133k. And you've already mentioned the Bloodlords betraying the Plainsrunners, which if the Bloodlords number 10,000, places the divide at 123k Loyalist Preds against 109k Traitors. Having the Black Conda elsewhere in the galaxy removes another 10,000 from the Loyalists, leaving the divide at 113k Preds against 109k Traitors. That leaves 11 other Tribes unaccounted for, and Icarion already knows Andezo's been asking questions about the true nature of the Warp. Icarion could use that to suggest several locations would bring answers to Andezo, which leads Andezo to splitting up his legion as they hunt these leads down. 

• Kelborn likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Brotherhood of the Lost, Alternate universe, Fanfiction

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users