Praetorian of Dorn

Izlude

We saw a spear-wielding dude in Wolf King and Russ seemed confidant enough it was his brother. That... could be him, right?

Can't say I hugely care for the design of the Pale Spear on the cover though. Looks like an ornamental fence post rather than something sleek and Necron-y (I know there's no direct confirmation it;s Necron design and not other xenos-weirdness but still). Hope it doesn't come through like this on the eventual Alpharius model.

The helmeted Alpharius from the forgeworld rulebook looks awesome but I agree he sort of looks plain jane with nothing that characteristic about him (which is probably the point). As for the spear I rather like it, if I remember isn't the pale spear a relic (Cabel or Necron). It looks appropriately alien. As far as primarch weapons go I remember the pale spear being pretty baddass rule wise.

Don't read the spoiler unless you are entirely certain you want the potential fun spoiled. Just trust me on this.

Turn back now!

It is indeed the real Alpharius.

He dies to Rogal

Omegon becomes Alpharius for good

That is not at all going to make confusing issues any less confusing

So is it out today or next week? The hardback is up for preorder but the Black Library page says it'll be available to download today. I thought the ebooks came out on the release day of the hardbacks?

So is it out today or next week? The hardback is up for preorder but the Black Library page says it'll be available to download today. I thought the ebooks came out on the release day of the hardbacks?

Someone was doing a signing of the book at Warhammer world so you could grab an early copy

Don't read the spoiler unless you are entirely certain you want the potential fun spoiled. Just trust me on this.

Turn back now!

He dies to Rogal

Oh man i just had to look at this didn't i lol! I thought, how bad could this be... maybe just a peek... NOOOOOOO!!! I have only myself to blame at the end of the day (face + palm) biggrin.png

Turn back now!

He dies to Rogal

Any Sigismund spoilers?

Ebooks release, apart from Codex/Battletome stuff, on the day the print goes up for preorder. Preorders on print usually ship early in the week so they tend to arrive before the official release date too.

If a book is a Librarium release, that edition hits a day early as far as I'm aware.

Turn back now!

He dies to Rogal

Should I expect Alpharius that Rogal met was a clone or something?

Turn back now!

He dies to Rogal

Any Sigismund spoilers?

Seconded. I need more info on my favorite Space Marine.

Turn back now!

He dies to Rogal

Should I expect Alpharius that Rogal met was a clone or something?

Nope, the real deal, and Dorn knows it. The interesting thing are his motives...

Sigismund kicks arse, but it isn't his book. Its Archamus's first and foremost.

Dramatis Personae:

The VII Legion ‘Imperial Fists’

Rogal Dorn, Primarch of the Imperial Fists, Praetorian of Terra

Archamus, Master of the Huscarls, ‘The Last of the First’

Sigismund, Lord Castellan of the First Sphere, First Captain, Marshal of the Templars

Fafnir Rann, Lord Seneschal, Captain of the First Assault Cadre

Boreas, Sergeant, First Company

Halbrecht, Lord Castellan of the Second Sphere, Fleet Master

Effried, Lord Castellan of the Third Sphere, Seneschal

Camba Diaz, Lord Castellan of the Fourth Sphere, Siege Master

Demetrius Katafalque, Captain, 344th Company

Kestros, Sergeant, 65th Squad, 344th Company

The XX Legion ‘Alpha Legion’

Alpharius, Primarch of the Alpha Legion

Ingo Pech, Captain

Mathias Herzog, Captain

Phocron, Headhunter Prime

Kel Silonius, Headhunter

Kalix, Headhunter

Hekaron, Headhunter

Myzmadra, Operative

Ashul, Operative

Incarnus, Aventian progression savant

Sork, Agent, captain of the scavenger vessel Wealth of Kings

Omegon

Imperial Personae

Malcador, Regent of the Imperium

Su-Kassen, Solar Command Staff, former Admiral of the Jovian Fleets

Morhan, Strategos, 56th Veletaris Tercio, Second Solar Auxilia Cohort (the ‘Saturnyne Rams’)

Chayo, Magos, Primary Voice on the Unbreakable Truth

Armina Fel, Astropath-adjutant to Rogal Dorn

Heliosa-78, Cult Matriarch of the Selenar

Andromeda-17, Personified-scion of the Selenar

And of course Horus Lupercal and Maloghurst in the prologue (check the extract!). Anybody who claims that the Heresy isn't moving and that we'll never get to Terra has obviously slept for the past 5 installments or so.

‘It must begin now, Mal,’ said Horus, the words seeming to answer Maloghurst’s silent doubts. ‘The first shot must be fired now, or it will not land before the true battle begins. Sol must shake in the firmament, and its protectors bleed.’

Archived