The Berserkers of Uran - a thread from the past

Raktra

I just meant that their Machine Spirit is more savage / beastly due to their Scions' "simple but effective" brutality and minds.

@Raktra: What do you think of it?

Please let me know if you do not wish to use this idea. If so, I'm considering as one of few allies for the Preds. :)

http://33.media.tumblr.com/083d8ad8b6077a358001f419d782a912/tumblr_np39t4YuTQ1qz7otto1_500.gif

JhdOazb.jpg

http://38.media.tumblr.com/cfe6ce8c3f0f2b5286a48a725169b99f/tumblr_np39t4YuTQ1qz7otto9_500.gif

:teehee:

• 2 weeks later...
"Raktra took this as the most vital lesson of his defeat against the 'Angels'. Nature was not enough to produce the warriors he desired. The strength he craved had to be forged, and to do that he had to temper it in the most unrelenting flame. By his direction, then, the worlds of the Shackled Realm were maintained so as to keep their populations at the edge of human tolerance. Conditions fostered savagery and callousness, yet they also demanded unity of the warbands and armies who fought to survive and prove themselves worthy. Across them all, Raktra ensured that he was revered. By his hand was sustenance delivered, and by his hand men and women were elevated, set loose to reave among the stars."

http://33.media.tumblr.com/083d8ad8b6077a358001f419d782a912/tumblr_np39t4YuTQ1qz7otto1_500.gif

JhdOazb.jpg

http://38.media.tumblr.com/cfe6ce8c3f0f2b5286a48a725169b99f/tumblr_np39t4YuTQ1qz7otto9_500.gif

:teehee:

After finally watching Fury Road, this is so much more entertaining. :D

Are there more intended references within the Berserkers? :)

There'll be some physical ones, besides Raktra, soon. I've actually started doing some conversions properly. Riktus is like 75% of the way there now. I've neglected my part of the BotL for way too long.

Dohrak's partially done SOMEWHERE, I think he's buried beneath a small sea of Knight arms... I used the Praetor Tribune model as the base initially. Kldier... Khârn, maybe?

Not done any rules yet, I'll start scratching something up.

And the master of heaven and earth turned a judging eye upon His ashen-skinned son, and granted might and purpose to him. Mighty weapons were gifted to the Ashen Lord, and dread engines of battle given to his banner, that he might wage war for the Helyenos without let or hindrance, against the foulest foes. When night eternal threatened to engulf the realm, he was sent forth. Ever at his back marched an army bred and raised only to make war, to tread upon hillocks of flesh raised up by their bloodletting. Ruin did the Ashen reap upon the foes of the Helyenos, monster and man. Yet among his kin of the pantheon, he was ever a creature to inspire repugnance and rancour...
The Apocrypha Terra

Edited by bluntblade

• 2 weeks later...

And when he had opened the second vault, I heard the second cherub say, Come and see.

And there was another sword that was red with blood: and power was given to him that held it to take peace from the stars, and that they should kill one another; and there was given to him everburning fire.

• 4 weeks later...

Overlord Nychus

The Burned Eyes

The Butchery of Thorska

Nychus ascended to rose to the rank of Chieftain during the Berserkers’ campaigns in the Ghoul Stars, and became Overlord of the Burned Eyes in the First Solar War. While no match for the Ashen Host or the Angel Rippers, the Burned Eyes were a mighty Horde in their own right. Commanding them, Nychus earned a dark fame indeed, known for both his skilled use of tanks and Titans, and his unstinting cruelty. In the aftermath of ___ he demonstrated both, preserving most of his Horde through the long retreat and visiting scorched-earth attacks on a dozen planets.

Unleashed against Mycenae, it seems that Nychus fell swiftly into the blood-madness spreading through the Legion. The Burned Eyes operated throughout the Blood Crusade, and while Nychus operated under Raktra for the majority he did undertake a handful of independent planetary campaigns, accompanied by the Eagle Warriors Chaplain ___, as nearby Imperial forces attempted to aid the Dominion. The most notorious of these was the Butchery of Thorska, in which his forces destroyed that world’s proud Army regiment and wiped its six hives clean of life in three days of unbridled atrocity. Nychus would trouble the Imperium for another decade after the Siege of Terra, until his death at the hands of the Loyalist Warrior of Peace Jian Zu.

Nychus’ warplate bears the marks which distinguish a VIIth Legion Overlord, most notably ash smeared across the upper faceplate and crossed chains over the chest. Also note the Uranian rune on his right knee, which denotes the Horde’s origins in the forges and furnaces of Uran’s vast labour complexes. Another symbol on his vambrace is derived from War Maniple Scatha of the Legio Yharma, who were oathed to the Burned Eyes from the Legio’s founding.

Power fist

___-pattern plasma pistol