✠ Marshal Dolourus' Penitent Crusade ✠

SCOTT_FRANCIS

Brothers.

I return in disgrace. I have been consorting with witches, Imperium sanctioned witches, HIS Grey Knights. 

But they are still witches.

As penance, I have declared the buiding and painting of a Black Templar affiliated Imperial Knight.

The "Potems Militem" is inbound.

My first question for our more ZEALOUS Brothers.

I have got my choice of face plate down to two. The "T" faceplate, a classic, or the "Knight" faceplate, very Knightly.

I am leaning towards "T" faceplate as it mirrors a Helmet I saw on the Templar Art thread, but I like both.

Faceplate

Anyone willing to share a preference?

Thank you, fellow Templars. I have undercoated both and have decided on a Black and Silver, white shoulder armour and will be using the left, Knight face plate.

No, The_Chaplain, my knight will not be consorting with FILTH. Other than to bring HIS fury and Righteous ZEAL down upon them. furious.gif furious.gif furious.gif

Thank you for your opinions.

Potems Militem will be armed with a Rapid Fire Battle Cannon, a magnetised Chainsword and Thuderstrike Gauntlet and the carapace mounted AA gun.

All progress will be posted here.

Just wanted to throw some paint on to get a feel for which face plate and colour scheme I was going to use. tongue.png

I do have a question though, If the Knight " Potems Militem " has been supporting the Black Templars for, let's say, 100 years, in over 150 Crusades, large and small, can I have his shoulder pads in the Sword Bretheren Black and Red or is that not enough experience?

I will write up a good history, that's not the issue, it's more of a time and experience thing.

Opinions? huh.png

I'd say: Too far! He will never be a Black Templar, but he could well be honoured by the Chapter with permission to display the Heraldry of the Chapter Cross. This has some precedent among certain regiments of the guard/imperial navy, I believe (probably Armageddon related). The deliberate swordbrethren heraldry is surely off limit, though.

A fair point Marshal Mattias, the Machines pilot is human. Never to be a Space Marine, let a alone one of His Black Templars. 

The armour of this machine will be black with silver trim. It will indeed be honoured with our Chapter Cross. 

Thank you.

I think I have decided on my first Black Templar units.

A Landraider Crusader with a 10 man Crusader Squad, led by a Chaplain in Terminator Armour.

Chaplain - I love the model and he will eventually lead a 5 man Hammernator squad.

Crusader Squad - Because I am Black Templar.

Landraider Crusader - see Crusader Squad entry.

A fair point Marshal Mattias, the Machines pilot is human. Never to be a Space Marine, let a alone one of His Black Templars. 

Unless you model a Throne, detachable top cover and a Son of Dorn, a Brother of the Temple, on the Throne Mechanicum. A knightly knight indeed, because why the hell not and + DEATH TO THE WITCH, HERETIC AND THE ALIEN! +

Unless you model a Throne, detachable top cover and a Son of Dorn, a Brother of the Temple, on the Throne Mechanicum. A knightly knight indeed, because why the hell not and + DEATH TO THE WITCH, HERETIC AND THE ALIEN! +

Oh, see, now you gone and done it.

A Techmarine of the Black Templar Chapter Adeptus Astartes would find it a Holy task to return a damaged Imperial Knight to it's former fighting glory and return it to service in HIS Holy Crusade. Even if he had to pilot the machine himself.

I think I am going to need a donor Stom Talon. tongue.png

Damn you Kastor Krieg, I was hoping my senior Brotheren would slap me down for being a upstart Neophyte with ideas above his station.

But no, you had to go and bless the conversion. laugh.png

Okay, as it has been said many times before. ACCEPT ANY CHALLENGE.

Challenge accepted, "Potems Militem" will be piloted by Techmarine Brother Grigor, with a modified canopy door to allow entry to a fully armoured Techmarine to the detailed cockpit.

Damn you Kastor Krieg, I was hoping my senior Brotheren would slap me down for being a upstart Neophyte with ideas above his station.

But no, you had to go and bless the conversion. laugh.png

Okay, as it has been said many times before. ACCEPT ANY CHALLENGE.

Challenge accepted, "Potems Militem" will be piloted by Techmarine Brother Grigor, with a modified canopy door to allow entry to a fully armoured Techmarine to the detailed cockpit.

I, Reclusiarch Krieg, accept this vow and will see to Brother Scott's taking it to it's completion.

This thread has now become the continuing story of Marshal Dolourus.

Following his losses at Primaris V and his return to The Eternal Crusader, see The Dolourus Crusade, this thread will cover new equipement, new troops etc.

Thread renamed, thank you Marshal Bernhardt, I copied your thread name to "borrow" the Templar Crosses. whistlingW.gif

You cannot "borrow" what already belongs to you, Brother! Take the icons and drive them into the face of the enemy, that they may flee before our onslaught!

Looking forward to seeing your Imperial Knight! Big fan of them, I have three myself... 

I had one, was building one on my previous thread, laser pointer on the battle cannon and purple fibre optic eyes.

It had to go, sweat.gif , but the laser pointer idea lives on, I now have the ability to place the batteries and the switch on the weapon itself.

Allowing room for the BT pilot to fit in the canopy. woot.gif I will forgo the glowing eyes this time. Maybe on my next. I do have a Stormlord with working headlights though. yes.gif

"Lord Marshall."

"Brother Grigor. How goes the recovery of the... 'Artifact'?"

"Our suposition was correct Lord, when we arrived in system, it had been cleansed, no life, not even microbal. The Xenos had fed well. We tracked the energy signal to an underground bunker, it pains me to admit this, but it took me 2.09378 hours to breach the bunkers defences. We found the 'Artifact'. It was badly damaged and repairs were yet to commence, but I believe, with the resources of the Eternal Crusader, it will walk again."

"Thank you Brother, at least something good came out of my first crusade."

Was having a play with some options.

I intend to use an Emperors Champion as my base for the new and improved Marshal Dolourus. 

I intend to remove the head, and the leg mounted pistol holster.

Arm it with a Thunder Hammer.

Marshal Dolourus weapon.

A Forgeworld Shield Eternal

Shield Eternal

+++ The image below is not owned by me, the miniature is not mine, it was not painted by me +++

+++ I simply use this image as inspiration and to in recognition of the model +++

Oh, and the answer is... YES, YES IT IS +++

Gawd darn it. 

I found this image on a Google search @ http://www.coolminiornot.com/211429

pacmanman

Pacmanman I beleive is the owner.

This was the look I wanted.

Archived