✠ Marshal Dolourus' Penitent Crusade ✠

SCOTT_FRANCIS

After much deliberation, I have decided on the figure for my Chaplain.

I have gone for...

After much thought and deliberation.

Chaplain Kippeon - returned to the Eternal Crusader with Marshall Dolourus following The Dolourus Crusades mauling at the claws of the Tyranid swarm at Primaris V.
It could have been the Templar knee pad that swung it. msn-wink.gif

+++ FILE - KNIGHT:20160831 +++

+++ AUTHOR - BROTHER CANEMICH +++

+++ ON RETURN TO THE ETERNAL CRUSADER I HAVE MANAGED TO SECURE THE REQUIRED EQUIPMENT TO BEGIN THE REPAIRS TO THE PROJECT +++

Donor Stormtalon inbound, I will be completing the Knight first, but look forward to the bringing the Storm Talon - 'Veloce Mortem' back from the dead. It will require a painted canopy as I will be stealing the cockpit for the Knight.

Brother Honda, report to an apothecary and get that cough seen to.

I have honored the machine spirit and the veteran pilot by anointing the right leg with a Veteran Skull on a cross (vehicle upgrade sprue), the left leg will be be covered in BT script as suggested by our honored Brother Honda. 

The left knee will sport a BT cross, the right, at the moment will remain black.

Not started on the upper torso as the donor Stormtalon is not here yet. Although the design and build for the laser pointer Battle Cannon has started, the removable battery holder now sits nicely within the magazine housing, the swithch sits at the back of the weapon, extending the battle cannon by another 10 - 15 mm. I will get some pics up.

"Lord Dolourus."

"Brother Chaplain?"

"I bring sad news, The Emperors Champion has yet to wake from the "Sleep". The injuries he sustained saving the Neophytes have proven too much. The Apothecaries believe he will not wake. They report that his last words were, "Only in death does duty end."

"You think he knew? You believe he accepted his fate and was requesting incarceration?"

"The Emperor only knows my Lord. But, Yes, I believe he wished to fight on."

"Is there a suitable sarcophagus for one of the Emperors Chosen?"

"Yes Lord. We simply await your blessing."

"It is given. He will fight again."

DSCF1100

DSCF1101

Honored Ancient, Brother "Merchion"

After reading this glorious post:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/325553-my-nova-open-crusade/

The perks of putting a Marshall with AA on a bike with a Hammer are clear.

Fast, mobile, T5, S8, AP2, 2+(4++)

But losing the Shield Eternal loses a point of Inv save and EW. Or can I take the shield and the hammer on a bike?

Maybe take a Sword instead for Initiative AP3? Really do need to get the new codex.

I require some assistance Brothers, I do not have the latest Codex:SM, but wish to vow my new Storm Talon with Twin Linked Las Cannon along with my BT piloted Imperial Knight (OOC). I need to get it in soon or the vow will not count.

Can some one with the codex let me know if it's the same points cost as the previous Codex?

Brother Kisada, it is indeed a kit bash, I was questioning the legitimacy of marking an Imperial Knight as a Black Templar Sword Brother and I was convinced it would be wrong unless a BT Techmarine was sat on the Throne Mechanicum. That was all it took to make me go "Damn it, I gotta do it now."

It's all in this thread.

Its a modified Storm Talon cockpit, fits just nice in the chassis. biggrin.png I threw in a Stormraven screen bank too.

The screen bank sits behind the Throne Mechanicum, it's for fault investigation, servicing and weapon reloading.

I have now slept since building, painting and fitting the Throne and am happy with it. msn-wink.gif

I declare vow I complete.

Vow I complete

The Stormtalon 'Veloce Mortem' (Swift Death) has been repaired following light damage in the failed Crusade against the Tyranids.

Death from the skies.

Now piloted by Techmarine Brother Prigot, 'Veloce Mortem' is ready to smite the enemies of the Emperor again.

Ave Imperator.

I am planning official Vow II.

A 5 man Scout Neophyte Sniper squad with 4 Sniper Rifles and a Heavy Bolter.

A 5 man Devestator Squad armed with 4 Missile Launchers, Sword Brother with augmetic arms wielding a bolter.

A Crusader Squad with 5 Neophytes and 5 Initiates and a Sword Brother, all armed for close combat.

A Multimelta armed Dreadnought in a Drop Pod.

I just need to get the BT close combat weapons and shoulder pads.

Oh and the new Codex:SM to get the points. tongue.png

So, as stated by a rather famous BT, "We do not wear his symbol, we ARE his symbol."

To this end, I plan not to use torso's with the Aquila on them.

I take it all other torso's are okay?

I intend to use BT torso's for Sword Brothers, my Marshall and any other Special Characters, but don't have the funds to kit out every Templar.

Oh right, sweet, lots more bodies to make BT then.

I have another question.

I was planning to use some spare GK swords to arm my Thundernators with swords and shields. They would be counts as Thunder Hammers, so it's only for the look of it.

Good idea? I will model one with a GK arm first to examine the look. I would cut the swords at the fist to keep the guard and then pin them to the TH arms. They are bigger than the PA swords so should look good.

Swords of the Emperor and all that. msn-wink.gif

I like the idea of the thunder hammer's concussive coming from a blunt force object but also thing sword and shield is a classic combo and will probably look good.  I'm sure other players wont have a problem with the counts as thunder hammers

Right,

Termie FW Shields = received (Thundernators)

Termie BT Shoulder guards = received (Thundernators)

BT LR doors = inbound (BT Knight)

BT PA Shoulder guards = inbound (Crusader Squad)

Neophyte helmets = inbound (Crusader Squad, Sniper Squad)

pasgt Gas 400x400

Augmetic arms = inbound

New bionic arms 800x800

(various Initiates and Sword Brothers)
Oh and 2 x BT upgrade sprues = inbound.
+++++++ UPDATE +++++++
BT L/R Doors, Rhino doors and front = received
BT PA Shoulder guards = received
Neophyte Helmets = shipped
Augmetic arms = shipped
BT upgrade sprues = lost in the warp sad.png

Archived