✠ Marshal Dolourus' Penitent Crusade ✠

SCOTT_FRANCIS

Black Templar Imperial Knight, progress has been made.

The Legs are complete, need to decorate the banner.

The main chassis is coming along nicely, including the canopy with BT Rhino door.

Both the Chainsword and Fist are built and awaiting paint.

Pics inbound.

DSCF1243

DSCF1240

I am planning official Vow II.

A 5 man Scout Neophyte Sniper squad with 4 Sniper Rifles and a Heavy Bolter.

A 5 man Devestator Squad armed with 4 Missile Launchers, Sword Brother with augmetic arms wielding a bolter.

A Crusader Squad with 5 Neophytes and 5 Initiates and a Sword Brother, all armed for close combat.

A Multimelta armed Dreadnought in a Drop Pod.

I just need to get the BT close combat weapons and shoulder pads.

Oh and the new Codex:SM to get the points. tongue.png

Do you still need points I've got the new sm codex

I am good thanks, I dropped VOW II, MM Dreadnought and the 5 Neophyte squad with Snipers and HV Bolter.

I have just ordered the LR Crusader upgrade sprue to rescue an old LR and have 8 Initiates, a Sword Brother and 5 Neophytes to ride in it for VOW III.

Oh, and it's pay day tomorrow, so I might treat myself to the codex. laugh.png

• 2 months later...

Brothers, a question for you all.

I was looking at a Contemptor - Mortis Dreadnought with twin Kheres Assault Cannons.

The Helical Targetting Array adds much needed anti air punch and when moving the weapons are no slouch.

A welcome addition to Black Tide, or should I go with a Stalker?

The price (points wise) is hugely different, but I feel the tactical flexibility of the Dreadnought is worth the points cost.

Plus - a stonking great Dreadnought running accross the board spitting Assault Cannon death from two cannons is proper Templary.

When I was looking at the AA Contemptor options, I felt that the TL-LC would be more effective due to the extended range and stronger punch. That being said, if you are in the middle of the board, 24 inches is a large portion of the table to control.

However, I've been less than impressed with S6 AA weaponry. If you have any chance of facing Storm Ravens, Valkyries, or other non-Storm Talon flyers, you're going to struggle to bring them down. A S6 just leaves too much to chance for me.

Now as an assault support platform, twin Kheres are seven kinds of awesome sauce. So I would take the twin K's and the bonus missile pack and consider the AA capabilities as a bonus.

Brother Honda,

I have just read your signature bar. I can't like the bar but... LIKE, LIKE, LIKE.

The phrase "Doing what the Emperor told us to do, until He tells us to stop." should be the Black Templars business card.

|                                                                    

|                     Black Templars                     

|                                                                    

|  Doing what the Emperor told us to do,      

|                             until HE tells us to stop.  

|__________________________________

A Stalker is a really cool model and it's also a plastic kit (which is a huge advantage, in my opinion). I bought one just for the looks. It may be a matter of 'apples and oranges' (or tanks and walkers), but, arguably, a Stalker is a better looking model than a contemptor. Having said that, if you're planning to actually play the game, a dual khares contemptor is a no-brainer. It is a bit pricey, sure, but the amount of pain it can deliver is quite nice, plus the 'free' option to serve as an AA platform may be useful from time to time (though, I think that the best way to counter flyers is with your own flyers).

I do have a Storm Talon, but like to have different options. I love the idea of a Dreadnought spitting death from twin Assault Cannons, I like the idea of a Storm Talon screaming over head with, oh hang on, twin linked Assault Cannons. But I also like the idea of the Stalker, blasting along with my Razorbacks and Landraiders filling the skies with aircraft destroying lead.

I think I will just have to get all three.

I have a plastic Contemptor from the Calth box set, I will convert him into my Mortis-Contemptor, I will get a Stalker next year and I already have the Storm Talon.

Thankyou for your input and discussions on the merits of the units. msn-wink.gif

I do have a Storm Talon, but like to have different options. I love the idea of a Dreadnought spitting death from twin Assault Cannons, I like the idea of a Storm Talon screaming over head with, oh hang on, twin linked Assault Cannons. But I also like the idea of the Stalker, blasting along with my Razorbacks and Landraiders filling the skies with aircraft destroying lead.

I think I will just have to get all three.

You have arrived at the correct solution, well done Brother.

There is a decision matrix that was originally created by our Primarch Dorn during the Siege of Terra and updated by our Father Sigismund during the Scouring.

1. There is no such thing as too many Land Raiders.

2. There is no such thing as too many power fists.

3. There is no such thing as too much firepower (the effect, not the individual).

4. There is no such thing as too many drop pods.

5. There is no such thing as too many bolt guns.

6. There is no such thing as too many assault cannons.

7 There is no such thing as too many flamers.

With this simple guide, all force allocation issues can be quickly resolved for the maximum benefit of your Crusade.

Carry on.

He is currently armed with the Chainsword and the Fist as the Battle Cannon is not ready

Explain to me why he needs a battle cannon?

My apologies Brother for giving the wrong impression, he does not need the Battle Cannon. It is simply an option, I like the synergy of the knight with ballistic weapon and Chain Sword charging along side Crusaders with ballistic weapons and Chain Swords. msn-wink.gif

But a knight charging accross the board to grab a Heretic Rhino and hurl it at the Heinous Warlord, then hacking up the enemies prize tank with its

Chainsword is seriously ZEALOUS. Good job my knight is piloted by a Black Templar.

I like the way you painted the red cross with the little protruding cross in the middle. It adds a really nice effect.

Thank you, I will be honest and let you in on the secret, the effect is accidental, the raised cross hides the fact that the centre is a mess. tongue.png

I like happy accidents that work well. blink.png

I know what you mean, as I also tend to place purity seals and other detail in 'strategic places.' So, in a way, you got lucky with the, hm, initially imperfect paint job. Excellent effort after all. Needless to say that I like the paint scheme. I would be tempted to try some other colours that blacks/silvers, though. But I'm generally 'tired' with painting everything black, although I must admit that it is the noblest of colours.

I know what you mean, as I also tend to place purity seals and other detail in 'strategic places.' So, in a way, you got lucky with the, hm, initially imperfect paint job. Excellent effort after all. Needless to say that I like the paint scheme. I would be tempted to try some other colours that blacks/silvers, though. But I'm generally 'tired' with painting everything black, although I must admit that it is the noblest of colours.

I was thinking of some gold and then honouring the machine by using some of th orinal colour scheme (purple) on the left shoulder and leg but thought it would confuse th Templar theme.

I was thinking of some gold and then honouring the machine by using some of th orinal colour scheme (purple) on the left shoulder and leg but thought it would confuse th Templar theme.

Agree, putting too many colors on something, even as large as a knight, will become distracting and appear more...toy like, if I can use such a phrase. Yes, the knights can have a lot of heraldry on them, but look at the new knight that FW just came out with. A very simple scheme, a reduced palette, and yet, an extremely intimidating presence.

I saw an Eldar Herlequin Wraith Knight the other day, but before I reduced it to ashes, thought how strangely confusing but highly decorative the paint job was. Done well, it was intruiging but done badly and too many colours would be a mess.

Last night I added some purple, knee pads, thigh pads and the mid riff shield, walked away came back and decided it was a bit much. So I have decided that purple hnee pads and thigh pads will be left to honour the machine, but the mid riff shield will go back to black.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Brothers, rejoice, for I have found the Relic that is the "Damnation Crusade" collected edition.

I have heard you guys talking about the characters and the story so often, I decided I needed to get one.

So I did, saw it on the bay, for what I believe was a good price.

Archived