Duz does RG

duz_

So quick update

I've got two grav bikes ready for highlighting. (Although I did forget to paint the second ones belt >< )

I did fall behind a bit tonight. I thought I'd finish one and get started on the next. That wasn't the case though ... however I seem to be on track to get them all done within 2 weeks of the 19th. :)

I plan on bulk highlighting the 4 once the last is complete.

gallery_87434_12256_265644.jpg

Thanks! Nor can I, I'm committed to it now though.

The bikes look really good with it though.

I had all 5 lined up together when I packed up for the evening last night. 1 isn't painted up yet so really makes the other 4 pop. Ill try and take a photo this evening of that line up.

I could have them all done by this weekend. :)

20 troops next, I dont think they'll take too long tbh. The Vets took longer because of all the white ...

Annoyingly I suspect my 2 Grav sternguard squads will need a rejigging in the new edition. Fortunately I dont think I've got too far with them.

They're the new standard I guess?

Those are the bases that came in the Deathwatch set.

I imagine they'll all be reboxed with the same someone's eventually.

I did specifically switch out my scout bikes to match this new style.

Quick end of weekend update. Annoyingly I didn't get them completed as life (and wife) got in the way.

All I have to do is Eshin grey highlights on the remaining 4 bikes. I had initially given myself until this Wednesday yo complete it. Im hoping I can still achieve that. The clock is ticking!

gallery_87434_12256_245179.jpg

gallery_87434_12256_228180.jpg

So my task for this weekend (inbetween life admin and a local tournament) is to finish these guys off!

gallery_87434_12256_168933.jpg

Im actually going to try a variation on the "black" weapon idea Helias Tancred mentioned and I said I would steal from another thread. I plan to do a variations of grey for the power.

I'm currently painting the first member of my upcoming Raven Guard 40k force, and I'm seeing all this steel color on lightning claws? If I were Raven Guard using lightning claws I'd want as much of it dark as I could have, meaning the actual claws would be silver and possibly bright and the "nuckle" parts of it, but the steel grip that is locked into the gauntlet? Black. The base of the nuckle that meets the gauntlet? Not steel, but black coated steel.

Does this make sense?

Black claws would be kinda neat .... (steals idea for later)

For the few marines that combat knives in my army I've painted them black

So I finally finished my Dev squad!

Highlighting them took nearly as long as the camo!

Its a week and a half away to my tournament. At this point its pretty clear I wont be able to get my full army to the same standard in time. In addition to that this has turned from a challenge into a chore. I do not enjoy when that happens, I like my hobby to be something to distract and relax me from the grind (its 80% of the reason I jumped back into the hobby!).

So don't expect too many more fully painted models for the near distant future. After the tournament, I will probably take a bit of break from painting during the week too. At least until after 8th drops and I finish my Baneblade commission :)

In the meanwhile I will get the rest of the army up to a respectable 3 colour / table top minimum (fortunately theyre RG so black is perfectly acceptable! :) ) and finish off the basing.

Enough rambling heres the pics! :)

PS This is actually my favourite skin colour scheme so far

Ulthuan Grey Base

Reikland Fleshshade wash

Flayed one flesh layer

Drakenhof Nightshade wash

Turned out best on the Sgt, although the lighting is a bit harsh to see properly

gallery_87434_12256_274106.jpg

gallery_87434_12256_241126.jpg

gallery_87434_12256_293017.jpg

gallery_87434_12256_194115.jpg

gallery_87434_12256_35860.jpg

Thanks all

Yeh I love lascannons they're gonna be even better in 8th. Tbh my experience with them as a PDC with ignores cover was enough for my opponents to give a second thought about them.

As the for the bases I slowly worked on them this weekend and got all of the done.

Astrogranite debris

Nulin wash

Dawnstone dry brush

Eshin grey for the base edges

Normally I dont like basing, but I was happy with how these turned out. :)

So from here on out its just bits and pieces so my army looks respectable on the table.

gallery_87434_12256_18717.jpg

gallery_87434_12256_237710.jpg

gallery_87434_12256_36065.jpg

As promised my tournament list BDC (this will be the first and last time I get to use it!)

gallery_87434_12256_303267.jpg

And all of them showing of their shiny Shapeways RG shoulder pads

gallery_87434_12256_225265.jpg

(I did notice I had managed somehow to forget 1 marine shoulder pad, looks like I do have hobby tonight after all!)

I think its one of the most underrated and extremely powerful formations in the game!
I've stopped bringing it to friendly matches (not that it will be an issue much longer)

I think people over look Stormtalons because they're made of paper and only have 2hp.

But the amount of firepower they can dish out, especially if your opponent doesn't have and AA is devastating! 

I hope they don't get too nerfed next edition.