Duz does RG

duz_

• 3 weeks later...

And so my Primaris Raven Guard begin! So far I have had to spend little to acquire these too :D

gallery_87434_12256_382390.jpg

gallery_87434_12256_446666.jpg

On the WHTV channel when they designers were on talking about the new models. The guy who built the dread said that it is meant to by very possable if you cut off the keys/pins. So I decided I would see how good his word was! Personally I'm happy with the result. Admittedly the legs were a bit tricky to get right with so many moving parts at once! I got there in the end though :)
I even did a very rough job at magnetising the weapons, I know for my second one ;) how best to place them now and more importantly when!

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately I didnt get to have this completed for HHotE event despite vowing it. However I did get to try my new airbrush on it today. Im really happy with the purchase of it!

Getting to this point on the Talons took hours / days between multiple thin coats waiting for it to dry inbetween layers and masking tape. I did this in just over an hour including set up, tear down and masking! :D

Next up washes, details and touch ups!

gallery_87434_12256_279408.jpg

gallery_87434_12256_138011.jpg

gallery_87434_12256_172975.jpg

Thanks! :D

I used $2? 1" Tape-it masking tape. Literally the cheapest I saw at the store!

Usually I just rip it by hand down the middle to use the two straight edges.

Other than that I didnt do anything special just made sure I firmly applied the tape when I put it down. Its the same tape I used when I did the same pattern by hand. I've had good luck with masking so far.

• 1 month later...

Took the day off work and finally finished my Stormhawk from the secret Santa my store did last xmas and I had vowed for HHotE. :D

gallery_87434_12256_345650.jpg

I didnt know what to do next (my queue is extensive atm...) so I decided to finish my semi started Guilliman. Man that was a bad idea he's a pain to paint!

• 2 weeks later...

Probably not given his specific buff for UM only and I'd have to take a separate detachment not to negate CTs!

I did him up more as a centerpiece in general. I may run him in my guard where points aren't as tight. ;)

Gotcha. There's a few models I want to build just to have for looking at. I'll probably never play guard but I love the sentinels. One day I'll probably build one just to have at my desk at work.

I also saw a really cool Eldar Jetbike that levitated. The guy did some black magic with magnets and a special base so it stayed in place. I am going to research that more because I think that would be a fantastic conversation piece.

Said video:

Edited by thewarriorhunter

That's pretty awesome.

Wonder how big of a magnet I'd need to make my Raptor hover?

He's got a second video that shows some pretty big stuff on their. I think a wave serpent and a huge nid model (I don't know what any of the nid models are).