Duz does RG

duz_

I ordered this one

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0142G8ONC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_ZTXjAb9TVH2XP

Full disclosure I haven't received it yet so dont know if its actually any good.

My decision was based purely on it being cheapest, with the largest number of reviews and being 4.5+ stars. Amazon also recommended it.

I would have liked a bigger science lab one. However they're about 6x the price!

It should arrive tomorrow.

That’s nicer than the one I bought. Maybe my next one unless that one can’t do abrasive chemicals either. I need one that can handle fingernail polish remover for my sisters of battle

An US cleaner + water alone wont.

Its essentially acts like a super turbo charged toothbrush

So you'll still need a solvent (dettol/simple green) but you wont have to worry about the elbow grease component. It'll also do a better job of scrubbing too.

Finger nail polish? What did u paint them with??

What about Dettol?

From what I read most US cleaners dont mix with alcohol based solvents because of fire risks from the cavitations

Strips them down to bare metal. Usually just simple green but some of them just won’t strip so remover comes out and soak them

Edited by war009

Dettol is your friend! :D

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00PQYZ78A/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_un2jAbSGH4W6G

Expensive in the states but if u strain it you can keep reusing it for a while. Your models will smell and you wanna wear gloves handling it. However all worth the paint literally falls off metal minis. Although some light brushing does help.

I went under the sink to get the Dettol for some stripping the other day and found I'd run out. So I switched to 99% Isopropyl Alcohol, which I'll be staying with. It strips as well as Dettol, with the added benefits of being clear (so you can see how the stripping's going), not needing gloves (though it will dry your skin a bit), not turning to gunk in the presence of water, and not stinking up the kitchen for a day. That and you can get it wherever you live.

Possibly I'm relatively new to the finer workings of US cleaners. I quickly skimmed a few articles.

Anyhow it arrived this evening and the plastic lid was broken so I have to return it. I wonder if that's the emperors way of saying buy a different one? :lol:

Edited by duz_

Hmm, now I'm a bit concerned because I was just going to soap/water/toothbrush the latest resin project down.  Is this not going to work?  :huh.:

It should just more effort ;)

Plus when I did my Victoria Miniature stuff she had soo many little fiddly bits I half arsed it and then had to wipe everything with alcohol wipes afterwards because nothing would glue... (Kinda closing the gate after the horse has bolted, but I've been meaning to get one for a while anyhow, as I strip my models more often than I care to admit ;) ) 

So my new US cleaner showed up today 

I took the opportunity to do some research and this one came up a few times and was ranked 1st out of some of the most common Amazon ones

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007Q2M17K/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_U_x_4PcmAbRF13X1Z

Initial impressions are I like it

1. It didnt arrive broken
  2. The basket seems deeper than the first one so I should be able to squeeze more minis in at once :)