Duz does RG

duz_

• 2 weeks later...

So still no progress on my RG

But have made good progress with my terrain kits

Only have 1 box of the new Sanctum to build and then managed to get a good deal on the KT:KZ Wall of martyrs set off ebay the other day so that should arrive next week.

Here's some WiP shots of a little piece of area terrain I threw together. Not as nice as some others around here admittedly ... (Hiro... :ermm:)

gallery_87434_11578_333471.jpg

Edited by duz_

Nothing exciting today just a blue container with zenithal highlighting and Russ grey drybrush

Looks non descript space containery enough I guess... :)

gallery_87434_11578_369559.jpg

Will have limited progress the next week or so though travelling with work then family commitments. Will hopefully get some custodes assembled during my travel though ;) :tu:

• 1 month later...

I've all but finished my first piece of terrain! :D

I just need to varnish it and its done

I would no recommend Wood putty as texture though, at least for how I've done it the damn stuff keeps chipping off! If you a smoother finish it might be less of an issue. I'm hoping the varnish will help prevent some of this. I also glued and used some #2 1/4" screen to keep the terrain to the 1/8" board I used for a base :) I plan on doing a 2nd one of these, then theres the actual buildings I need to do

Meanwhile I have a box of the Sector Imperialis to build, as well as the ruined manufactorum set too

gallery_87434_11578_173616.jpg

On a RG related note!:

I also purchased the UM battleforce box, yes I know the IF one was probably the wiser choice (especially now I have 12 Inceptors and 25 Reievers.... :dry.: )

However I couldn't pass up a second Repulsor, and I already have two Redemptors, although with their new points cost a 3rd isnt unreasonable... :D

I've assmebled my first set of Intercessors, some Carbine Reivers, the Primaris Cpt and bought of Ebay the Gravis Cpt too

gallery_87434_12256_137263.jpg

I recently purchased something from FW, which has given me a free shipping coupon

I plan to in the new year stock up on my MkVI shoulder pads and helmets :tu:
But I also think I might get that awesome really should be Issadon model even though I don't collect Raptors :D

• 2 weeks later...

So with battlescribe near enough updated to mess around with the CA changed here's a list I'm excited to try

++ Vanguard Detachment +1CP ++

+ HQ +

Chaplain in Terminator Armor: Storm bolter

Kayvaan Shrike

+ Elites +

Aggressor Squad: 4x Aggressor, Aggressor Sergeant, Auto Boltstorm Gauntlets/Fragstorm Grenade Launcher

Terminator Assault Squad: Teleport Homer

Terminator Sergeant THSS

3x THSS

2x 2LC

Vanguard Veteran Squad: Jump Pack

2x Dual Lightning Claw

2x Power sword, Storm shield

2x Bolt pistol, Power fist

Veteran Sergeant: Storm shield, Thunder hammer

++ Battalion Detachment ++

+ HQ +

Primaris Captain: Master-crafted stalker bolt rifle, Power sword

Primaris Lieutenants

Primaris Lieutenant: Master-crafted stalker bolt rifle

+ Troops +

Intercessor Squad: Auxiliary Grenade Launcher, Bolt rifle, 4x Intercessor, Intercessor Sergeant

Scout Squad

Scout Sergeant: Bolt pistol, Combat knife

4x Boltgun

Scout Squad

Scout Sergeant: Bolt pistol, Combat knife

4x Sniper rifle

+ Elites +

2x Redemptor Dreadnought: 2x Storm Bolters, Heavy Onslaught Gatling Cannon, Icarus Rocket Pod, Onslaught Gatling Cannon

+ Heavy Support +

2x Devastator Squad

Space Marine Sergeant: Boltgun

2x Lascannon

Missile launcher

Heavy bolter

Hellblaster Squad: Plasma incinerator

4x Hellblaster

Hellblaster Sergeant: Bolt pistol

Need to build a few things up and paint more but should be fun with ye lose RG 1-2 :D

Edited by duz_

I like how your have built in redundancy. Even units that aren't the same but have similar mission objectives like in the Vanguard unit.  I get the basic but curious hoe you plan on using the Aggressors, Hellblasters and Repulsors? Especially at time of deployment.

That's the question isnt it Dracos!

Some fine tuning and practice. I also suspect I'll be seeing how I can squeeze in a relic banner bearer based on past experience.

General theory atm is castle up the heavy weapon teams with the Cpt and Lt.

The scouts will go down first to secure the midfield. Intercessors cover a back field objective and deny deep strikers.

Termies will probably go in DS with the chappy.

VVs and aggressors will be last to go down probably with STFS to enable an early game assault or pressure. Shrike will follow the VVs either STFS too or DS.

Redemptors will probably start in the middle together and lumber up the field trying to take as much cover as they can.

• 4 weeks later...

Lias Issadon showed up at work today! :D

gallery_87434_12256_117755.jpg

No I dont collect Raptors but this seemed like a fun model to paint green just because :D

Im also gonna trial the Mk4 FW shoulder pads for my RG because I'm not happy with the current Shapeways RG offerings their scale or details are off

gallery_87434_12256_60770.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well I did base coat him Castellan green on the weekend when I was painting a Caladius commission I have.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/353372-duzs-custard-creams/?do=findComment&comment=5249695

I have to paint 2 of them in the next week so I doubt I'll be doing much more to him before the end of the month... :sweat:

Ill post a pic this evening of his current state for you :P

But if youre gonna be busting my balls where's updates to your thread! :D

Edited by duz_