Duz does RG

duz_

Well I may not be an overachiever like some others in the Ravenspire... :whistling:

However I did finish all my Shadowspear mini's this weekend :D
Not sure when I'll get to painting them, but its nice to have them done.
I have another 5 man squad of Reivers I need to build and then I would have built all my Primaris marines. (Building wise I think I have some ASM's and Scouts left outstanding to build)

Anyhow heres a family shot:

gallery_87434_12256_164372.jpg

And some adjustments to those hideous flight stands :)
Took a little bit of messing around to get the 2 identical models posed different enough.

I have no idea what the Sgt is meant to be doing...? :rolleyes:

gallery_87434_12256_140268.jpg

You have any different angles on the suppressors? I haven't built mine yet and am still undecided if I'll use the flight stands, brass rod, or do something like what you've done.

As requested!

gallery_87434_12256_6525.jpg

gallery_87434_12256_63074.jpg

gallery_87434_12256_113357.jpg

gallery_87434_12256_105406.jpg

I also got them primed and base coated yesterday with my day off :biggrin.:

Now for them to sit in the pile of Black RG mini's waiting to be painted... :sweat:

gallery_87434_11578_298430.jpg

gallery_87434_12256_21360.jpg

Edited by duz_
pics frater luv pics

• 1 month later...

Because of tornado sirens going off this evening my usual evening plans were interrupted so this began

gallery_87434_12256_37334.jpg

gallery_87434_12256_139798.jpg

But then I got to this part and decided to call it a night.

gallery_87434_12256_153553.jpg

How did everyone else manage dry fitting and gluing these? Mines usual a combo of blutac, light glue applications and a lot of :cuss:

Got back from my tournament this weekend early

Spent some of that time finishing off building and magnetising my Leviathan :biggrin.:

Next up painting! :ermm:

gallery_87434_12256_150011.jpg

gallery_87434_12256_118598.jpg

gallery_87434_12256_123616.jpg

A few points I learnt

• Spend more time dry fitting FW models and checking their instructions! (why...)
    • Because it says to put the sides on first then the head and top carapace... DONT! Its an extremely snug fit and I had to shave some of the top carapace off to fit it in
    • It will also keep the shoulders straight and not slightly tapered like mine
  • If magnetising the torso weapons (not that the Volkites have rules in 40k :rolleyes: ) do this at the very beginning before gluing anything and drill the holes into the back of the weapons and torso, not the top like mine (this should prevent them from pointing in odd directions)
  • Magentising the weapons is possible, but a slight pain

Otherwise happy to have the model! :biggrin.:
Although I do wish it wasn't 50pts more than the Custodes Telemon :dry.:

Edited by duz_

If I understand your magnet point correctly I may have a trick to help keep them level: https://imgur.com/a/0xFsd

Not sure if you've seen that before. 7th picture shows how I apply magnets. Keeps glue off your fingers and makes sure you get your polarity correct. 8th and 9th photos show actually inserting the magnets and how the sprue piece makes them level with the surface. Once painted you barely see them and no odd angles.

Thx TWH, good tutorial

As for the batrep, I played with my IG, but if you want the full report it is here:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/317654-a-mordian-march-to-glory/?p=5321796

It was a friendly and I went 3-2 (losing to a pure IK list and a Alaitoc Eldar Fire Prisim / Wave Serpent / Doom+Jinx / Flyer list :rolleyes:)

I bumped into some buds there who are semi in the know and asked them when I attend my next event with them towards the end of the year with a competitive SM list I got a mischievous smirk, so here's hoping :D

I keep hearing that marines are supposed to get good. I do hope it's true. What I'm curious about is if it's based on new models or new rules/strats/traits/etc..

Great write ups. Was one of those knights using a Necron flyer as a head? The picture angle and terrain made it look odd.

I hope its a bit of both

More Primaris models but mostly improved rules with better durability and output!

Yes final opponent had looted Ork IKs one of which was a croissant turned banana

Army pic here

https://www.facebook.com/MidwestConquestGT/photos/a.492229354319222/1085316885010463/

Thx TWH, good tutorial

As for the batrep, I played with my IG, but if you want the full report it is here:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/317654-a-mordian-march-to-glory/?p=5321796

It was a friendly and I went 3-2 (losing to a pure IK list and a Alaitoc Eldar Fire Prisim / Wave Serpent / Doom+Jinx / Flyer list :rolleyes

Oh yeah that looks just about friendly as a lineup as Bloodthirster at an Easter egg hunt. :eek

It was a really fun match and over lunch the kid apparently kept saying to his dad it was the best game of 40k he had blush.png

Officially my favorite B&C post of the month ;)

Edited by Dracos

• 2 weeks later...

Well after a bucket load of travel the last many weeks some normality returned to my life

Which included a weekend were I could chill and do hobby

I spent most of it working on my IG, however in the evening when chilling with the missus I finally got around to assembling my 2nd Repulsor

This thing isn't any easier to build the second time around, dear Emperor the gaps! :pinch:

I had to pull my first one out of storage to see how I had magentised it so I can mimic it, fortunately it seems I did it the relatively easy way :)

gallery_87434_12256_161017.jpg

Was hoping to get the airbrush out over the weekend, but that didn't happen

Once I do the Levithan is on that list :tu: