Duz does RG

duz_

That highlighting is really great looking... I normally don't do not helmeted heads but I think I could be ok with this one because it looks like he's just temporarily removed it and it's not actually missing. I might have to ebay one of these guys...

gallery_87434_12256_148073.jpg

Built!

Few minor changes

MkVI shoulder pad and a slightly more ornate one on the other shoulder

After attempting to put the grenade? Launchers on took em off because they looked silly

Also chopped down the barrier, but will probably transfer him to a resin one later...

Now to vow him for the painting event! :D

No progress on Shrike tonight but did have an hr without the missus so cranked the airbrush and manged to base my Executioner and 2 warsuits in the hr :D

Doubt I'll see much more progress next 2 nights either hopefully Thursday I'll get the details done which will just leave the highlighting of the armour

Edited by duz_

I can't remember if I have asked you this Duz, but how do you feel about that spray booth? I was on the fence about it (due to cost), so I opted to build my own. I see it used a lot, but you're the first person who I can ask and I know will give me an honest opinion!

Edited by Shadow Captain Vyper

Agreed they aren't cheap!

When I initially started I used a cardboard box, because funds were also limited.

I would find after maybe an hr or so of spraying I found the entire room (our kitchen at the time) would he covered in over spray and I be blowing black boogers for days :huh:

So I saved up and bit the bullet to get the deluxe one with the lights. The lights are definitely worth the extra money without them it's impossible to see properly how you're going.

The hood definitely helps contain the mess and over spray I really like it. It does get noisy between that and the compressor but ear muffs or cheap noise cancelling headphones help. Also mean I can listen to podcasts while I spray. It doesn't really do anything for the odour as the filter is just a foam / wool thing?

I've started using disposable 3M odour rated dust masks to help with that. Makes a big difference I think they're 5-10 bux each but I've only just replaced my first one after 8ish months of use. (not sure what the actual hour rating is on them)

So do I think they're worth it? Yes

Are they expensive? A bit, if they were 10-15% cheaper I would have jumped on sooner. Ebay has semi regular discounts that can help

Could a home brew system do the same job?

Probably, as long as you have a suction fan, a vent tube and some filter on the intake you'll probably get similar results. The nice thing about the master system is that it folds away into a pretty small package for easy storage.

Hope that helps with your decision either way :tu:

MY DIY solution works great. In hindsight with what I spent (maybe $30-40), with my time invested, it might have been more effective to just buy the same one.

I got a large rubbermaid clear-plastic tote on clearance from Christmas (red lid). Cut out mounting framework from the bottom of the tote. To that I mounted a 2-fan window fan like this. I wrapped it in heavy weight plastic and sealed it up with white duct tape. The fan is mounted to the bottom with threaded rod, and those same rods have wingnuts that hold an HVAC filter (cut in half) to the inside of the "bottom" which is now effectively the "back" as I lay the tote on its side.

I then mounted an under-cabinet light on the outside of the bin that can shine through the clear plastic. When I run the fan it has enough suction to reliably hold a sheet of paper against the filter with no issue.

It's pretty ghetto but it works. I like portable nature of the one you have though! Mine also does not have ducting hooked up to vent to the exterior, its just pulling particulate through the HVAC filter - works well enough.

So now I've finished Shrike I'm not sure what to start next on the decks for my new list is

2x warsuits

2x squads Elimators

3x VVs

1x Repulsor Executioner (needs some more airbrush work before time for brush work)

I'm tempted to do the VVs first as a break from Primaris and go back to my old camo scheme which I haven't done for a few years now...

Will have to find what box they're hiding in too... :ermm:

Thx Hiro glad my thread can motivate you :D

Speaking of which still undecided what I should start painting next the Emperor reached out to me and told me to start working on this guy

gallery_87434_12256_110235.jpg

:D

Should be relatively straight forward a lot of edge highlighting and a couple details of greyscale colour :tu: