Duz does RG

duz_

Does it come in Duzdigicamo?

Tbh I went back and forth on it. I decided against it for a couple of reasons

1. I decided when starting my Primaris they would be the simple black scheme

2. The camo takes a long time (hence point 1)

Although I'm still conflicted about it with these warsuits... I would probably do the same scheme as my Storm Talons though the dazzle style if I did do it

Pretty noice man. Pretty noice. When I grow up I wanna be like you.

:lol:

Not much to update spent about 2 hrs of highlighting the warsuit torso... Still on going

Used the airbrush again today to do some minor things

Put the white stripe on this dude

gallery_87434_12256_100302.jpg

And primed and based this guy

gallery_87434_12256_72362.jpg

I'm not sure if the vallejo game black is supposed to be matte or if its my airbrush... Might have to try the model black. Anyone know?

I have a tournament beginning of next month

I signed up to meet some locals since I'm new to the area and haven't really thought what army I'd take. I knew as a fall back I have my middling IG list if need be. However I really want to play the new Marines and RG book. I have until the 28th to submit my list.

Whats the odds of getting

A few scouts

3 VVs

2 squads of Elimators

Warsuit

Executioner

Up to 3 colour minimum in less than 2 weeks...

Should I push it? The missus probably won't be impressed but the house is mostly taken care of post move... :sweat:

I will be going into the event with 0 practice on the list though... Seems like there's 20 odd players signed up outta 40

I Too have done the "paint it for a tourney" in years past... it got done but i always felt i rushed something or that a paint scheme decision at the time was regretted later....plus the good lady... i always err on the side of caution in that dept, "happy wife,happy life"  go with the Guard this time and get some practice and finish the Raven guard and play em later on at another tournament when you know em better...it'd be sad to play in a new environment and lose badly (not saying you will) due to inexperience with a new book... make new friends and enjoy this one,get competitive at the next one and lose all the new friends you just made ...:laugh.:  (Jk)

Cheers, Mithril

p.s. your warsuits looking swell :thumbsup:  

Thx all

I had planned to use it as a potential motivator to get some models beyond just base black

However since posting I've learnt 3 more things about the event

1. That having the models black with yellow eyes and white ravens would meet painting minimum

2. There is a painting comp

3. Having modified Shrikes base its been deemed modelling for advantage <_<

So the first two points had me wondering if u wanted to play my IG as they're definitely in a better positing painting wise

The 3rd point has likely pushed me over too (in addition to the other points yall mentioned earlier)

Upside is I get to keep painting in a more relaxed manner until I can get some practice games in

Thx all

I had planned to use it as a potential motivator to get some models beyond just base black

However since posting I've learnt 3 more things about the event

1. That having the models black with yellow eyes and white ravens would meet painting minimum

2. There is a painting comp

3. Having modified Shrikes base its been deemed modelling for advantage :dry.:

So the first two points had me wondering if u wanted to play my IG as they're definitely in a better positing painting wise

The 3rd point has likely pushed me over too (in addition to the other points yall mentioned earlier)

Upside is I get to keep painting in a more relaxed manner until I can get some practice games in

I had wondered about the 3rd bit for all the folks that took him off the wall. Sorry to hear the judge ruled that way but I can understand why.

Playing the guard seems the practical route :thumbsup:

TBH I didn't even think it could be argued that way since its a scenic option the actual model it self is the same size as any other Primaris Captain / CM

The opinion doesn't seem consistent amongst the TOs I've asked either

Ohwell I'll just keep to painting my minis and show up to roll some dice on the day

See if the Shadowsword can nuke some IH :lol:

I don't get the 'modeling for advantage' when you put models lower. If I take the model off a base then sure it may be lower, but it's also got less visibility to the rest of the board. I think if you can't see me and I can't see you then there's no advantage modeled. I guess just cut off a piece of sprue that matches the original height and hold it up in game if it becomes an issue?

Sorry to hear that Duz_ I can see both sides of the coin and sorry to hear that TO ruled that way. The other option is to magnetize the feet of Shrike to a base that has the wall and have the base ready without the wall. Just a good for thought. I was told I was modeling for advantage because my terminator is kneeling and my thought was I got that guy from Space Hulk. Lol

Wow the claims of modeling for advantage are getting taken too far and its bs in those instances. I'd be pissed. When I modify something I just explain ahead of time and offer concession on any LoS instances that may come up. So far no issues.

Wow the claims of modeling for advantage are getting taken too far and its bs in those instances. I'd be pissed. When I modify something I just explain ahead of time and offer concession on any LoS instances that may come up. So far no issues.

This is the key right here. In a serious setting, both players should be aware of the model being 1.5" shorter than its original design, and should that come into play during the game, both players should have no problem visualizing that extra height - both to the advantage and disadvantage of the owning player. Unfortunately some TOs would rather not deal with the objectivity required for such consensual understanding.

For now my model is assembled and ready for priming, but I'm considering magnetizing the wall to the base, and Shrike to the Wall in the same positions so that I can easily remove the wall from the equation and put it back if need be.

Edited by Shadow Captain Vyper