Duz does RG

duz_

I put my Shrike on his wall. When I get home I'll measure how tall he is and let you know.

Then you can trim a piece of sprue to that height to use for LOS purposes if someone has a problem with it. Essentially if you can see the piece of sprue you can see him. Problem solved.

Thx Dracos and Johan

If I'm lucky I'll get some more done this evening which will just leave the tidy up and weapons :D

As for you others being so helpful you ruined my surprise

I have purchased a base for him to go on. This was always the plan I just didn't have the funds to spare earlier. Also shipping from this mob is fixed price (and expensive) so finding balance between ordering too little and too much to minimise the shipping price per unit limits how often I order.

Anyhow anyone who complains with him on this base can stick it. Hopefully it shows up in the next week. My anvil industry order I did at the same time already arrived!

45552c_e4cff2a631d94a988d436c9d8779ea11~

Edited by duz_

Well got some progress done this evening finished the highlighting on the main chassis and turret, tidied them up a bit too.

Started the weapons as well so almost finished.

Biggest bits left outstanding will soon be the plasma gun, grav plates and turbine exhausts

gallery_87434_12256_151170.jpg

Thx Mithril this was way easier to highlight than the marauder though :lol:

So I'm calling it effectively done for now! Just need to do the grav plates and plasma when I get the airbrush out next!

Next question back to marine infantry, tiny planes or leman russes... /ponders

gallery_87434_12256_73877.jpg

gallery_87434_12256_254049.jpg

Thx BF

A little more progress in on the Eliminators today

Got the skins and eshin greys done including washing and highlighting

Another new skin formula

Celestial base then celestial, ulthuan and pallid Wych flesh mixed together and then did a 2 parts medium, 1 drakenhof, 1 sepia wash

Probably should have stuck to the skin tone wash instead of the sepia as it gives it a slight green tone but I'm OK with it probably needs a quick dry brush to finish off the skin

So on to the edge highlighting before going to the store to get some contrast paints

gallery_87434_12256_430484.jpg

Oh and my bases showed up yesterday and got them washed today ready for airbrushing

Got some contrast paints today and tried out my idea... C&C welcome!

gallery_87434_12256_577950.jpg

Not 100% what I was going for but close enough and was relatively quick and easy. Painting with contrasts is weird and counter intuitive.

The blue I got was probably too bright so I knocked it back with some drakenhof blue wash.

I was going to do some light dry brushing and or a transition line. I attempted the later and I couldn't get the dynamism I was after so stopped. I'm not sure silver dry brushing will help either so I'll leave it as is for now..

I think they look good. Most of this type of transition has that bright white line you're talking about but I actually think the black line is very cool. It conveys a sense of subtly changing instead of the bright flash of transition that screams 'NOW YOU SEE ME NOW YOU DON'T!'

Thanks TWH! :biggrin.:

Well I've finished highlighting the Lasfuls just have to finish painting the bases

Just highlighting to go on the regular ones power armour

That'll be 6 guys in a week gotta be a record for me! :laugh.:

gallery_87434_12256_2205.jpg

Great work with those lines, I wish I had your hands steady. My tremble always with such fine lines.

Edited by Xenohammer

Thanks! Takes practice and isn't perfect a few things I've learnt in the last year or so when it comes to edge highlighting:

Paint consistency - you want it slightly thinner than usual (but not too runny) so it applies easier

Having a wet palette really helps maintaining that goldilocks consistency once you've got it

Bracing! My hands aren't the steadiest either however I have a couple of painting handles that help me get a good grip on the model and then with my painting hand it's always touching the gripping hand or model some how (occasionally very awkwardly) this helps negate some of the wobble as your hands are wobbling together now :lol:

Having heard a lot of people rave about the winsor series 7 brushes for years I bought one earlier this year and yes it's pretty awesome for highlighting I don't think I could have achieved the same standard with the same speed with the GW ones and they're not that more expensive

Touch ups will always be required ;)

Finally the cliche... Practice

:tu:

Edited by duz_

I've got a W&N and it is great. Recently my buddy turned me on to Rosemary and Co. They've got a variety set of 10 brushes for minis for $50 shipped to the US. Quality is on par with W&N and you get to try out a bunch of different hair ties and sizes.

I'll have to check them out some time!

Meanwhile new pb! Finished :D

gallery_87434_12256_593019.jpg

Hard to get a decent photo of them for some reason likely the camo cloaks confusing the machine spirit on my phone... As designed! ;) B)

I know the easy build ones don't have any basing yet but I have plans for those... :tu:

C&C welcome!

Now what to paint next... 2nd warsuit or some VVs!!! :o

• 2 weeks later...

Had some time recently to get the airbrush going

Got the plasma gun painted on my Executioner, grav plates and varnished so now fully completed!

Also clipped the mono pose Elimators of their bases for re basing. Removing their molded bars was pretty easy

gallery_87434_12256_111284.jpg

gallery_87434_12256_83062.jpg

Had some time recently to get the airbrush going

Got the plasma gun painted on my Executioner, grav plates and varnished so now fully completed!

Also clipped the mono pose Elimators of their bases for re basing. Removing their molded bars was pretty easy

gallery_87434_12256_111284.jpg

gallery_87434_12256_83062.jpg

:wub: those lines....and the glowing......and the rest ,too.

Edited by Xenohammer

Duz, you always impress bro. Love the eliminators. Very noice brother. How are you liking the full Las Fusils?

Thanks for the kind words :blush:

Tbh I don't know since I started painting list this I haven't played a game with it yet! :sweat: :(

Trying to get a game in next week before I leave town for a few weeks :ermm: