Duz does RG

duz_

Decided to go with 1:1:8 nulin wash : gloss : thinner for the floors

Turned out better than expected :D

gallery_87434_11578_218256.jpg

Annoyingly my contrast paints I ordered were meant to arrive today but because my mail redirect just kicked in and its a ups usps hybrid delivery they're returning to sender instead of forwarding it <_<

At this rate the stores will be open by the time I'll get them

• 1 month later...

Lost a bit of my hobby mojo of late

I am super excited about 9th though and more Primaris Marines on the way.

The last week or so instead of painting I've been playing Inquisitor Martyr since I've found some locals who have a regular game night of it

I also ordered a bookshelf for my 40k books which I must set up over the weekend a bit smaller than what I was hoping but looks good and at some point I'll have a man Cave set up in the basement

gallery_87434_11578_33645.jpg

I've taken a the next couple of Fridays off work to try and unpack or house a bit more and hopefully sort out my hobby space too. That might get my groove back.

• 2 weeks later...

Slowly getting bask into the hobby groove

Got my medic for the nurgle challenge trucking along nicely

gallery_87434_12256_309374.jpg

Also messing around with contrast paints on terrain some more and pleased with the results

gallery_87434_11578_159682.jpg

Trying to figure out how to get my airbrush out without the fumes causing issues for the missus later in the week as my hobby desk is in the office

Might attempt tomorrow especially since I still want to finish the Storm Eagle

I manged to get a special piece of terrain contrasted last night and dry brushed today

Didn't quite turn out how I liked it but pretty close. Probably should have primed with grey seer. Still happy with the results though need to finish the base of and build the rest

I might actually (start) finish my display board now :sweat:

gallery_87434_11578_514227.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

You know my raptors are green, so why did you paint my storm eagle in ravenguard colors?

:whistling:

both are looking sharp

• 2 weeks later...

You know my raptors are green, so why did you paint my storm eagle in ravenguard colors?

:whistling:

both are looking sharp

:lol:

Yeh Im not sure I'd even commission paint or build one of these. If I was to ever do it, it wouldn't be cheap... That thing sucked to build

Admittedly it's not that much more fun to paint

Sooo many edges, finally finished with the black (pretty sure I kept rubbing off some of my highlighting as I moved the model around getting to various areas)

Tidied up the mess of highlighting and some of the white. I'm sure there's places I've missed but they're not obvious so I'm not hunting them down.

Started doing silver on the engines. Not sure how I feel about it over the mid section... Seeing it this morning vs painting it last night seems less obnoxious than previously thought

gallery_87434_12256_59990.jpg

gallery_87434_12256_150571.jpg

• 2 weeks later...