Duz does RG

duz_

For those playing at home here are the answers :lol:

gallery_87434_12256_178982.jpg

Judiciar: helmet and pauldron shield

Cpt: skull and feathers

Lt: bird skulls

Chaplain: more skulls and Reiver helmet

Ancient: skull and feathers, half Reiver helmet and replace weird IF hand Relic with a more raveny one

The ancient relic is my most proud kit bash of the models :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Well just had a 5 day weekend and didn't get any of the actual hobby I wanted done

Instead it was a random assortment of things

I moved my airbrush into the basement, hopefully I can use it more frequently down there.

I also set up a gaming space for a few friends to drop by and play. Went all out and got some cheap exercise tiles to lay around the table since the current carpet is direct on concrete with no underlay.

Finally built a bit more terrain for the table too.

gallery_87434_11578_321326.jpg

Ps. I am well aware the 60s called for their carpet back, they keep leaving msgs. Hopefully by the end of the year we will have refinished all the rooms down there. Or at the very least this one :D

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well the walls are the biggest reason the floors haven't been done yet

Gotta get someone in to drywall them and the ceiling then I can take care of the floors

Surprised none of you mentioned the 4 prong telephone outlet too :P

True scale terrain conversion.

• 1 month later...

Our local gaming group has monthly painting competitions this month is spooky month for a HQ model

Apparently skulls count so I thought I'd finally enter thinking I might be able to paint a single model by the end of the month

So far I've made a little progress on the new Chaplain and reminded myself why I now prime and base with my airbrush :lol:

I need feedback on his helmet though. What's everyone's thoughts on the red details?

gallery_87434_12256_211405.jpg

I'm on the fence about it

I think the red eye-lenses look dope, so id keep those. I think the red mouthguard / respirator accent is the part throwing things off a tad. If that red was done in a more OSL fashion it might look more in place, otherwise maybe stick to a more neutral brown or black?

I agree with TWH, might be worth waiting to evaluate after everything else is done.

Thanks all for the feedback :tu:

I decided that the mouth looked OK but the respirator part was probably a bit much so painted over the red

So I've continued and sorted all the gold bling so much! Layered and washed just needs a dry brush now of the various colours then onto tidying up the armour and edge highlighting with a few other details too.

gallery_87434_12256_582390.jpg

I've also decided I really like contrast paints for certain details like all the bone on the model and the robes.

I've been thinking about that I'm not sure

Firstly I can't recall what base he should be on? A 40mm perhaps? Since he has some rock there already I don't know if hell fit on the resin bases I have. In which case it will likely just be trusty old astrogranite

If you have any leftover parts from this kit, how about carving Chaos symbols into those parts; putting the defaced parts on the base, with green stuff gore, as necessary; adding bloodstains to the defaced parts, the Chaplain's armor, and the base; so it looks like he just defeated a Chaos Space Marine in single combat?

• 4 weeks later...