Duz does RG

duz_

Didn't have much time to paint on the weekend but did manage to get some assaulty hellblasters built though :D

gallery_87434_12256_50230.jpg

Not sure what the numbers are vs regular ones but with 3 shots and a mobile scoring edition seems super thematic for a fast moving hard hitting RG list :yes:

Turns out the only difference between assault ones and rapid fire ones is the scope on the top which tbh I didn't even realise that until after I finished building them and tried to figure out the difference

I didn't add scopes to them all because I liked the variety in the squad and I doubt many people would notice anyways

That's my thoughts too :D

I remember playing my friend at a tournament. He's primarily a DE player and he was pointing out all the guns his vehicles have an how they look different. I said from here they all look the same to me and I'll take his word for it. He said the same about my IG models :lol:

Some people take it a bit too seriously sometimes

I didn't put the scopes on mine either, I can't stand the look of these dumb box scopes attached by a tiny mount - they'd get sheared off so easily. And the marine has optics in his helmet, what can they possibly add that couldn't be done by a control pack or something on the helm or backpack?

Yeh I don't quite get some of the Primaris design where the targeting relays are hard wired in or oddly shaped scopes when I thought that stuff was already integrated in

Ohwell...

Meanwhile the other part of my secret sauce for 9th :D :wub:

gallery_87434_12256_156367.jpg

I forgot how enjoyable building mini Marines with their interchangeable parts is

They are a little exaggerated, but they look a lot like many modern day holographic scopes. Which are basically wide rectangles. Like many other things on Primaris, they are there to give them a modern day tactical look. Same thing with all the pouches and the grenades all the Phobos guys come with that can be put on their chest plates. They are going for a special ops vibe.

Got back to working on the levi tonight been slow going brushing all the black on the weapons and trying to avoid the white but I think i broke the back of it tonight!

I also got the middle pod 3/4 the way done some minor washing, layering and highlights and that's another piece u can cross off :D

gallery_87434_12256_47072.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Any work on your Levi yet SCV? I think I've had this guy for over a year :sweat:

Well I thought I'd broken the back of it today having done most the layers and washing with just the highlighting to go on the weapons... Then I saw how much highlighting that required :o

gallery_87434_12256_181041.jpg

And this is just 1 of the 4 primary weapons I have to paint

Any work on your Levi yet SCV? I think I've had this guy for over a year :sweat:

Yea, mine is approaching his 1 year anniversary on my desk in just a couple of weeks :whistling:

I'm preparing around the house for a 2-week holiday vacation which involves driving across the country to Maryland for Christmas, so unlikely I get any hobbying in for the rest of December :down:

Your big boy is looking very sharp, keep up the great work, can't wait to see it finished on one of those bases!