Duz does RG

duz_

I can see a levi enjoying that road trip for a bit of tlc :lol:

Well making ok progress

Got the chassis /torso flamers and volkites highlighted and 70% or more through the grav bombard so I might actually get them all done in a reasonable time :D

• 2 weeks later...

Although I still technically have 1 more storm cannon to highlight I'm calling him done!

Or at least until I paint up the base and put him on that - but that will have to wait until after my home improvements and I can set up airbrush again

gallery_87434_12256_313191.jpg

gallery_87434_12256_415013.jpg

gallery_87434_12256_230250.jpg

Wow hes done I love the base I love the black coarse sand look.....:biggrin.:

No seriously It looks great man!

:lol: that's exactly what I was aiming for war thanks for noticing :sweat:

He's gonna look mint once I get him on the resin base and there's some contrast there. Gonna be a bunch of pinning and probably a tube of super glue to keep him there :D

Need to paint my Contemptor and Redemptor to run a full dread RG list

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

:cry:

So I didn't realise this was my last update here...

That levi unfortunately had a bad translation into my basement and is now in pieces requiring assistance from a tech priest....

I have actually been doing a bit of work on my Marines though

I bought 2 gladiators and a storm speeder.

I've built and magnetised 1 gladiator and all but finished the same on the speeder just need to get the Sponsons on!

I did also offload a bunch of minim Marines and Primaris models that I haven't touched in a while. Those funds will got to another project. You might even seen the rhino's floating around the forum still. ;)

As to some other projects I continue to kit out my game room. I now have a display shelf! Took 3 months of waiting and missing out several times before I finally went and lined up at Ikea before opening to get one <_<

It was worth it though (I looked for alternates that whole time and the Milsbo is still the best bang for your buck if you're looking to upgrade from a Deltof). I added some lights which really make a difference too.

gallery_87434_11578_124686.jpg

gallery_87434_11578_52277.jpg

gallery_87434_11578_62174.jpg

Now for my next room project:

gallery_87434_11578_86894.jpg

The portrait ones will be easy since I have a bunch of post cards from the BL celebration set. The landscape ones might be trickier...

Edited by duz_

Yeah the Milsbo case is nice. Im cheap i went the Detolf route and bought more shelves and mounts off of etsy. 

Case looks empty but the models in it look great. Little envious you got the Sister Chibi.....

Thx

I like the height of it too as top shelf is about eye level no stooping

You could probably add more shelves to this I think

Downside is the shelf limit is 11lbs / 5kg so I have to be careful with the resin I guess

Believe it or not I got all 5 chibis on the first shot! :O

Duz said: You might even seen the rhino's floating around the forum still. ;)

Claws says:

Almost certainly.

In the event I have coming up they'll be serving as a Whirlwind squadron with the missile launchers from the back of a Knight serving as the turrets.

I tracked duz down in RL (sorta by accident) and bought his Rhinos. Needed metal bawkses for my Heresy army.

Edited by Claws and Effect

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

As my previous post from may mentions, my levi had a bad translation to the basement :cry:

He sat languishing down there until this weekend. After clearing my painting table that had become a bit of a junk pile, I decided I was finally in a place to touch up the damage.

Fortunately it was nowhere near as bad as I had thought. I think it was more knowing how much time I'd just spent as he splintered across the floor at the bottom of the stairs, I couldn't do it again.

gallery_87434_12256_446165.jpg

Not only that I painted up his base too! :D

Resin model + resin base this guy is heavy... :lol:

Once the copious amounts of super glue I used has dried there's a few touches up required and then a quick varnish and into the display case :yes:

gallery_87434_12256_883916.jpg

gallery_87434_12256_397771.jpg

Whelp! I just signed up for a local 2 day GT 13th of November.

Don't know how to play 9th or if I have a painted army I can field for the event.

Guess I have some homework to do!

Likely it will be my RG it being the only painted force with a 9th Ed codex. Maybe I'll bring my levi and Storm Eagle :D

Initial list thoughts will require some painting since my old troops were scouts :cry:

+ HQ +

Chaplain: Canticle of Hate (Aura), Jump Pack, Plasma pistol

Kayvaan Shrike: Warlord

+ Troops +

Incursor Squad 5x Man

Intercessor Squad: 5x Man w/ Auto Bolt Rifle

Tactical Squad 5x Man w/ Heavy bolter

+ Elites +

2x Invictor Tactical Warsuit: Incendium cannon

Vanguard Veteran Squad: Jump Pack, 2x Dual Lightning Claw, 2x Power sword + Storm shield, 2x Bolt pistol, Power fist, Sergeant: Storm shield + Thunder hammer

+ Fast Attack +

Land Speeder Tornadoes Assault cannon, Heavy bolter

+ Heavy Support +

Devastator Squad: Armorium Cherub, 3x Lascannon, 1x Grav-cannon

Eliminator Squad: 3x Bolt sniper rifle

Hellblaster Squad: 5x Assault Plasma Incinerator

+ Flyer +

Storm Eagle Gunship: Twin multi-melta, Two twin lascannons

+ Dedicated Transport +

Drop Pod: Storm bolter

Edited by duz_

I like how the Invictors are going to force your opponent to divert anti-aircraft fire from the Storm Eagle. I'm curious if you have a way to optimize the transport ability and also get the most out of the Drop Pod?

I wish the list had more ObSec units in it or at least larger units. Durability is going to be an issue on Objectives. I think the list needs more focus as far as the roles each unit is going to play in scoring Primary and Secondary points. 

Right now it looks like a "fun" list and good Lord man we can't have that at a tournament (lol) :wink:

PS: [indignant rage] Where's the Levi?

Edited by Dracos