IA - Hands of Terra

simison

Alqosh is square jawed and has a hooked nose. He is clean shaved and wears his blonde hair clipped short. His ears stick out a bit and he has striking green eyes.

He approaches every task with the precision of a physician. He isn't a great orator but instead relies on presenting irrefutable facts to support his positions. He very much misses being a field medic. He longs to mend wounded in the heat of battle again. This feeling began before his appointment to Hand as his status as a Primus gave him more command duties an less combat time. To serve as hand is his duty and he will give his all to it.

Also there is a particular blend of Terran grown tea that Alqosh takes to liking. He drinks it straight and spoon meltingly strong.

We need a coffee drinker.

Now that you mention that.

That works also.

Alqosh is square jawed and has a hooked nose. He is clean shaved and wears his blonde hair clipped short. His ears stick out a bit and he has striking green eyes.

He approaches every task with the precision of a physician. He isn't a great orator but instead relies on presenting irrefutable facts to support his positions. He very much misses being a field medic. He longs to mend wounded in the heat of battle again. This feeling began before his appointment to Hand as his status as a Primus gave him more command duties an less combat time. To serve as hand is his duty and he will give his all to it.

Also there is a particular blend of Terran grown COFFEE that Alqosh takes to liking. He drinks it straight and spoon meltingly strong.

How bout that.

Alqosh favoured a concoction that was acrid to even noses which had smelt the residue of war on a hundred worlds. It had the appearance and apparently the consistency of a tarpit, yet Alqosh seemed to relish it. Muniza was often moved to wonder just how harsh Obsailes truly was, if that sort of brew was necessary to get up in the morning.

• 2 weeks later...

Acilius turned another corner and almost crashed into the Fire Keeper's Hand, Alqosh. "My apologies," the Warden offered as he took a step back. Instantly, his nose twitched as a foul smell forced its way into his nostrils. In the hands of Alqosh was a mug filled with his favorite drink, coffee. 

Alqosh nodded to him. "Acilius, has there been an incident?"

"An opportunity," The Warden replied. "The Vanus Temple has discovered a coded frequency that might be tied to Kelbor-Hal. I must find the Warmaster at once."

[What does Alqosh wear off-duty?]

Isn't coffee in the Warhammer universe referred to as Recaf? I swear I read it in an Imperial Guard story segment back in an old WD, sorry, I know it's a bit of a nitpick but I thought it might be a little more immersive for the reader with that name.

Abnett refers to recaff in the Gaunt's Ghosts and Ravenhorn books, but I don't know for 30k. In any case, I think Recaff is supposed to be a bad quality coffee substitute, the only kind Guardsmen can get, and probably most Imperial Citizens - a Hand of Terra though would likely be able to get his hands (teehee) on the real stuff.

Of course, with the disgust most people seem to have to Alqosh's drink, it might be even a different thing entirely ^^

Acilius turned another corner and almost crashed into the Fire Keeper's Hand, Alqosh. "My apologies," the Warden offered as he took a step back. Instantly, his nose twitched as a foul smell forced its way into his nostrils. In the hands of Alqosh was a mug filled with his favorite drink, coffee.

Alqosh nodded to him. "Acilius, has there been an incident?"

"An opportunity," The Warden replied. "The Vanus Temple has discovered a coded frequency that might be tied to Kelbor-Hal. I must find the Warmaster at once."

[What does Alqosh wear off-duty?]

Breeches and a tunic.

• 2 years later...

I don't think they'd presume to represent anyone but themselves.

Side note: I'm really wondering about changing Khârn et al to original, if influenced, characters. At some later date.

Well, I'll always encourage more originality (though we probably should have side references to explain what happened to all of these highly-talented officers).

But my question still stands. Since the Berserkers refuse to have anything to do with the Hands of Terra, would the Shepherds want to take advantage of the opportunity?

Archived