Since I've been admiring all your armies on these pages and love the constructive comments and cheering for WIP threads, which I follow eagerly myself, I recovered my camera and will start my own.
I hope you enjoy these photos, and am very interested in your feedback for my armies. I am not a very experienced painter, but I like taking my time to make the most of what I can while learning in the process. I noticed I thin my paints more every day Due to a busy life and tons of work, this won't be a fast thread I suppose, but I'll try and keep it regular.
The basic idea behind my forces is a Sisters of Battle army that descends from the Order of the Argent Shroud (hence the silver liveries). I yet have to make their background more substantial, and find a name that I am happy with (it's been changing over time ) but here are a few things:
- Descended from the Order of the Argent Shroud, the order was founded initially as a crusade force and maintains their habit of not staying very long in once place
- They consider the Emperor to be the only human who can read in the minds and souls and see the future of Humanity, and loathe psykers of all kinds. However, as they are a combat force that has been engaged in many theaters, they realize that some minor psykers of humanity can be tolerated for their helpfulness on the battlefield, although they keep a tight eye on them.
- They have an escort of a Freeblade brotherhood, imperial knights they have helped from various worlds during their campaigns in the past and who have vowed them their service. One of them was a last defender of a tyranid-infested world and holds dear to eradicate these bugs from the stars. The Sisters see insectoid psykers with even more hate than human ones as they are a race doomed to heresy for they cannot be turned to the Light of the Emperor.
- Sometimes, commander Karmov and his penal legion of Imperial Guards joins them for both heavy support, meat-shield...err, tactical protection, and because sisters have a very strong tendency to show the Light to criminals - either through prayer, or through promethium.
- When required, the Ordo assasinorum assigns an agent or two to assist the sisters in their tasks, albeit the psykery kind have a tendency to disappear before returning to their masters, once the job is done...
That being said, it sets the path for the upcoming work in progress. Sisters are assisted by knights, and I am focussing on these two codices for the moment in terms of modelling and painting. I do enjoy conversions, but it's a steep learning curve to make them look nice, not just cool, so I started off with some simpler ideas
Here is the scheme on a couple of sisters - they need a bit of polishing and basing, still.
The base is chaos black spray, followed by a Leadbelcher for metals, and Khorne red for cloth. Then it's layers of thinned Ironbreaker and Stormhost silver, that I particluarly like, shades with Nuln oil and its Glossy variant, and Necron compound. Cloth is highlighted with ever more thinned Wazdakka red, and washes are made with Scarborough crimson. Finally, gold is a Bronze base followed by lighter Glenna's gold and Auric armor. I kept those paints unmixed because I don't have drip bottles at home and want to have consistency.
And here is a seraphim in the making:
I have also converted a Baal Predator to an immolator. I just put on Dreadnaught exhausts chopped in half around the main flamer nozzle, and used the Forgeworld sororitas rhino doors and front plate. I had a broken Celestine so she ended up adjusted to "man" the turret still needs work, these are the base layers to guide me in the process, but the Black main colour will stay, to pop out in the army of silverware : )
And finally for today, the venerable Knight in the making. He follows a similar colour code as the sisters, he'll be basically schemed with the same palette on these base coats. He just got a Leadbelcher base, copious amounts of Nuln oil everywhere (I should have used a shower ) and got cleared up with Leadbelcher and Bronze, as well as Khorne red, to guide me for the next phase. He's magnetized in the arms so all the weapons are adaptable from the Renegade box. He'll get nice Fleur de Lys decals when they arrive from fallout. He'll be based on a huge round 160mm citadel base with a dead Hive tyrant at his feet (have yet to decide how dead it will be ).
Thanks for reading so far, hope to post updates soon!
On a side note, is it OK by forum rules to post the Knight based with a huge xenos at his feet? The bug ill be dead and not a centerpiece, in that it is not an exhibition miniature, but one for the tabletop. Just want to be right on the regulations
Edited by Isolia, 13 November 2016 - 12:19 PM.