Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Legio Mortis, Luna Wolves, Solar Auxilia, Mechanicum

Legio Mortis Luna Wolves Sons of Horus Horus Imperial Militia Vostroyan Cerastus Knights Knights Mechanicum Titans

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Demonl

Demonl

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 155 posts
  • Faction: Legio Mortis, Luna Wolves

General thread for my 30K

1. Legio XVI The Luna Wolves
  2. Legio Mortis 
  3. Mechanicum Taghmata
  4. Imperial Militia (Vostroyans rebranded)
  5. Solar Auxilia
  6. Knight House - Sexta Equites

gallery_93011_12043_601938.jpg

med_gallery_93011_12043_1063865.jpg

White power armour doesn't photograph well under artificial lightsad.png

med_gallery_93011_12043_696867.jpg

I rebase all my marines to 25mm. Heads are a mixture of different legion upgrade packs and regular mk armour pattern helmets. Going to have to try to finish the bases of everything eventually too.

I prefer Mk II armour with different helmets (White Scars upgrade pack in particular looks great) over the other armour Mks. Mk IV is second favourite. MK V from FW feels a bit ruined from the short squatting pose of one of  the sculpts.

Edited by Demonl, 30 December 2016 - 12:44 PM.

• Olis, Ishagu and Kelborn like this

ETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei03.jpgETL_2016_Badge_05_Forum_Champion_HH.jpgETL_2016_Badge_08_Badge_of_the_Hero.jpgETL_2016_Badge_11_Collegia_Titanicus.jpg

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 11,979 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
I must admit, I thought this was going to be some sex party thing...
  • Augustus, Cloud Runner, Hrolf the Cunning and 7 others like this

-~Ishagu~-

DuskRaider

DuskRaider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,774 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard, 3rd Grand Company

I read that too, lol

You can tell where our minds are.

• Cloud Runner, Plaguecaster, Ishagu and 1 other like this
Check out my Photobucket Here
 DuskRaider's 40K Death Guard: A Return to the Past

DuskRaider's Word Bearers Shadow War Kill Team & INQ28 Chaos Coven

DuskRaider's 30K Word Bearers Force

DuskRaider's 3rd Grand Company Death Guard Legion Force

To view my older threads, please go to the link HERE and download the add-on to view Photobucket linked images.

Torvak Kyre

Torvak Kyre

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 463 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves and Luna Wolves.
Looking forward to it. Seems very similar to my (highly long term) plans for my Luna Wolves.

== Formally Fenris Kid ==

"Our names may be forgotten, and our bones crumble to dust, but our deaths will echo through the millennia to come."

mithrilforge

mithrilforge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,783 posts
  • Faction: 40k - xenos & ad-mech

woah yeah a French sounding party.... laugh.png  er no...blink.png  ...

hey demonl i know you have the models for most of this so very looking fwd to seeing this come to fruition...

Mithril  

gallery_70393_10089_1851.png PtR_Black_Pearl_Badge.jpgETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei02.gifETL_Medal_02.gifgallery_48988_6285_17537.pngETL_2016_Badge_10_Badge_of_the_Artificergallery_6494_6331_8260.pngETL_VI_Banner_02_Oathbraker_.jpg

Soldier of Dorn

Soldier of Dorn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,341 posts

In b4 BCK says to make sure the thread doesn't go on too long without pictures. :P

Sounds impressive. I look forward to seeing what is to come.

Edited by The Psycho, 16 August 2016 - 07:14 AM.

tn_gallery_78067_11287_22792.pngtn_gallery_78067_11287_15234.pnggallery_78067_11287_12503.pngtn_gallery_78067_11287_5247.png

Open Ye Heavenly Gates

Brother Chaplain Kage

Brother Chaplain Kage

++ SACERDOS UMBRA ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,925 posts
  • Faction: VIII Legion - Crimson Sons

Actually, I've been talking with the other AoD mods about closing any project threads that start without pictures until some are ready to be posted. If it's a thread about list building or some other discussion, that's fine, but a project thread needs to have proof of the project really quickly or it's off topic.

Edited by Brother Chaplain Kage, 16 August 2016 - 08:12 AM.

dVIGLrG.pngFPVd6je.pngQiZFXmD.png

Hope is the first step to despair.

Demonl

Demonl

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 155 posts

More will be revealed soon when the Reaver and Warhound arrive which should be tomorrow or Thursday.

The 2nd Warhound is the typical d loadout double dual turbo lasers. Reaver standard loadout of carapace missiles, laser blaster and gatling blaster.

Solar Auxilia should arrive next week or week after. Thinking they will be Chthonian Headhunters Cohort. Intention is to allow the imperial militia and Solar Auxilia vehicles to be interchangeable where appropriate (Malcador/Leman Rus's) which will mean the Leman Rus's won't have the sponsons modelled. 

I have probably 150-200 Vostroyan models and intend to use them to represent Imperial Militia with Survivors of the Dark Age. However these I will do last, painting metal minis doesnt come quick.

med_gallery_93011_12043_346676.jpg

First goal is to complete the Knight and Titan component. Then work on the Ordo Reductor and Myrmidon components of the Mechanicum contingent.

Edited by Demonl, 16 August 2016 - 11:16 AM.

• Ishagu likes this

ETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei03.jpgETL_2016_Badge_05_Forum_Champion_HH.jpgETL_2016_Badge_08_Badge_of_the_Hero.jpgETL_2016_Badge_11_Collegia_Titanicus.jpg

Sandlemad

Sandlemad

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,266 posts

The Legio Mortis looks good. Are your other knights going to be in legio colours or of a knight house? What kind of scheme are you thinking for your imperial militia?

Demonl

Demonl

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 155 posts

The Legio Mortis looks good. Are your other knights going to be in legio colours or of a knight house? What kind of scheme are you thinking for your imperial militia?

I have already painted the Acheron and Castigator so the Lancer will be the same colours. The scheme whilst not the same as Legio Mortis is inspired from them to a degree. After I use up the Legio Mortis decals on the Titans I will likely use the remainder on the Knights.

Militia at this stage will be grey/dark grey with red trim, the armour will be a darker steel colour. 

• mithrilforge likes this

Demonl

Demonl

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 155 posts

WIP Reaver and Turbo Turbo Laser Warhound and Lancer. Secutarii reinforcements inbound, will be working on them and some Mechanicum Taghmata.

gallery_93011_12043_195470.jpeg

Edited by Demonl, 07 September 2016 - 12:47 PM.

• Olis, exsanguis and bluntblade like this

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,931 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment
Is that a mirror or do you own two warlords?

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++In Memoriam: The Day the Palace Fell+++

+General Thread+

Elzender

Elzender

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 507 posts

Is that a mirror or do you own two warlords?

What if I told you that he painted both for the last ETLbiggrin.png

My blog (in Spanish): http://suenosdeuncon...logspot.com.es/

ETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei01.jpggallery_48988_10069_73849.png

Jarl Kjaran Coldheart

Jarl Kjaran Coldheart

++ PRÆCEPTOR BARBATUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,845 posts
Well, that's certainly terrifying
  • Marshal Rohr likes this

Space Wolves are badasses that operate just barely within the rules. 13th Co. didn't even know there were rules applying to how badass they could be. DepthCharge on the Space Wolves

I'm so pleased that GW have gone to such great lengths to produce these awesome Space Wolves basing kits. Wraithwing on the Thousand Sons Rubic Marine release

"The Fell Hand is a name that has been passed on through out the Legion. When one warrior bearing it died, the name is left to be earned by another. Thus it was passed from Floki to Volund to Erik to Geigor. And then the tradition died, because censored.gif  Bjorn got the name and proceeded to live for 10 censored.gif millenia." - Sagas of the Wolf Priests. Wispy

Formerly Wolf Lord Kieran

+++This is my Mod voice. There are many like it but this one is mine. I never wanna have to use it, so let's all be excellent to each other+++

ETL_VI_Badge_Faction_Master_Astartes.jpg            ETL_VI_Badge_Forum_Champion_Astartes_SW.

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,931 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment
#PrimarisManipleGoals
  • bluntblade likes this

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++In Memoriam: The Day the Palace Fell+++

+General Thread+

exsanguis

exsanguis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 286 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Fists

I hope you worship those God Machines before you go to bed every night!

Very cool.

Cryptix

Cryptix

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,851 posts
  • Faction: Hive Fleet Chimaera, Renegades

So how many organs have you sold?msn-wink.gif

Well would you look at the time, it's zombie o'clock!
sml_gallery_55866_13614_5370.jpgL_T_3_2017_Badge_02_Chaplain.jpggallery_4664_12529_16642.jpggallery_60566_6038_377.gifCall_of_Chaos_10_Banner_02_Failed.jpg

A Melancholic Sanguinity

A Melancholic Sanguinity

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 565 posts

Uhh...

Well, that's more Warlord models than I ever expected to see together under the same private ownership.

Demonl

Demonl

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 155 posts

med_gallery_93011_12043_274578.jpeg

Titan Guard - Secutarii Peltasts, imo the nicest infantry models GW/FW produce.

• Arac and bluntblade like this

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,826 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars/Grey Talons
And here I was reading Legion sex party.

Demonl

Demonl

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 155 posts

med_gallery_93011_12043_1898376.jpg

med_gallery_93011_12043_1241644.jpg

med_gallery_93011_12043_1631117.jpg

Demonl

Demonl

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 155 posts

WIP heavy support missile squad.

med_gallery_93011_12043_171034.jpeg

Edited by Demonl, 30 December 2016 - 12:38 PM.

• Charlo likes this

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 18,390 posts
The black of the titans looks ace with the white of the wolves.

Demonl

Demonl

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 155 posts

Nearly finished the combi marines and the missile heavy support squad. Will finish off the mkII despoiler and bolter squads next for my Luna Wolves.

gallery_93011_12043_377690.jpeg

WIP Knights...

gallery_93011_12043_169116.jpeg

Edited by Demonl, 23 January 2017 - 12:06 PM.

Mirbeau

Mirbeau

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 136 posts
  • Faction: IX Legion - Blood Angels
That's an insane amount of miniatures, will end up being of the biggest primarily FW armies around for sure, 2 warlords! Painting so far is really crisp, nice one, looking forward to seeing progress.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Legio Mortis, Luna Wolves, Sons of Horus, Horus, Imperial Militia, Vostroyan, Cerastus Knights, Knights, Mechanicum, Titans

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users