General thread for my 30K

1. Legio XVI The Luna Wolves
  2. Legio Mortis
  3. Mechanicum Taghmata
  4. Imperial Militia (Vostroyans rebranded)
  5. Solar Auxilia
  6. Knight House - Sexta Equites

gallery_93011_12043_601938.jpg

med_gallery_93011_12043_1063865.jpg

White power armour doesn't photograph well under artificial light:sad.:

med_gallery_93011_12043_696867.jpg

I rebase all my marines to 25mm. Heads are a mixture of different legion upgrade packs and regular mk armour pattern helmets. Going to have to try to finish the bases of everything eventually too.

I prefer Mk II armour with different helmets (White Scars upgrade pack in particular looks great) over the other armour Mks. Mk IV is second favourite. MK V from FW feels a bit ruined from the short squatting pose of one of the sculpts.

Edited by Demonl

Actually, I've been talking with the other AoD mods about closing any project threads that start without pictures until some are ready to be posted. If it's a thread about list building or some other discussion, that's fine, but a project thread needs to have proof of the project really quickly or it's off topic.

Edited by Brother Chaplain Kage

More will be revealed soon when the Reaver and Warhound arrive which should be tomorrow or Thursday.

The 2nd Warhound is the typical d loadout double dual turbo lasers. Reaver standard loadout of carapace missiles, laser blaster and gatling blaster.

Solar Auxilia should arrive next week or week after. Thinking they will be Chthonian Headhunters Cohort. Intention is to allow the imperial militia and Solar Auxilia vehicles to be interchangeable where appropriate (Malcador/Leman Rus's) which will mean the Leman Rus's won't have the sponsons modelled.

I have probably 150-200 Vostroyan models and intend to use them to represent Imperial Militia with Survivors of the Dark Age. However these I will do last, painting metal minis doesnt come quick.

med_gallery_93011_12043_346676.jpg

First goal is to complete the Knight and Titan component. Then work on the Ordo Reductor and Myrmidon components of the Mechanicum contingent.

Edited by Demonl

The Legio Mortis looks good. Are your other knights going to be in legio colours or of a knight house? What kind of scheme are you thinking for your imperial militia?

I have already painted the Acheron and Castigator so the Lancer will be the same colours. The scheme whilst not the same as Legio Mortis is inspired from them to a degree. After I use up the Legio Mortis decals on the Titans I will likely use the remainder on the Knights.

Militia at this stage will be grey/dark grey with red trim, the armour will be a darker steel colour. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Nearly finished the combi marines and the missile heavy support squad. Will finish off the mkII despoiler and bolter squads next for my Luna Wolves.

gallery_93011_12043_377690.jpeg

WIP Knights...

gallery_93011_12043_169116.jpeg

Edited by Demonl

That's an insane amount of miniatures, will end up being of the biggest primarily FW armies around for sure, 2 warlords! Painting so far is really crisp, nice one, looking forward to seeing progress.