Opinions Needed on New Regiment

Father Mehman

I get that... but it's all grist for the mill and he may quite like a special unit or two (give them skis and sniper rifles). 

Everyone has a cupboard full of troops... but they still buy more ;)

Yeah, if I could justify it, I wouldn't mind having some of those winterized troops. They look very nice, actually, which is something I don't find myself saying a lot these days. Ah, the curse of the jaded hobbyist strikes again! Of course, I think a lot of the stuff out there might just be rubbish and it's not just my mind saying it is...

Anyway, as Ulrik said, I have way too many boxes to be adding more. I'm talking an obscene amount of plastic, resin, and metal. As it is, I haven't even started my mechanized armour regiment yet. That's partially due to me hating to paint tanks but more that I have so much infantry to get through first. It really doesn't help when Anvil Industries comes out with tripod packs because now I have the option of adding even more Heavy Weapon Squads. I'm really up a creek when they release their Contractor models. (As a funny aside, I told them to model one after me with a shotgun. They said to do it myself and then send them a picture laugh.png! I am mellow.png.)

Back to the subject at hand, again, I will be giving the Veterans some Green Stuff love. I might even get some of those fancy Forge World Hazardous Environment heads and backpacks for them since they've earned it. Skis and sniper rifles sound like a great plan, too! As for the rest of the Guardsmen, they'll probably stay relatively vanilla. I figure some Sentinels will carry the gear they need. Emperor knows I have enough of them lying around. Maybe an "Emperor's Talon" Recon Company is in order? It does fit the fluff...

Oh yeah. Ulrik, thanks for checking out the paint range for me. I'm sure Rustoleum has black and white in their automotive primers. If not then I guess I'll be searching some more.

Archived