Tzen's Thousand Sons

Tzen

Your paint jobs are great but I am still collecting my dropped jaw from looking at your daemon prince. That is simply a fantastic centerpiece for an army!

Glad you like man. He has turned out pretty well so far. The second wing is going to make or break the model and the paint job I reckon. :/

I'd go with a turquoise glow I think.

I'm currently trying out different colours at the moment whilst trying to battle an upset stomach. Sucks. :/

Thanks man! :D 

I hear ya! I am still tempted to throw in some purple glazes here and there, just to make him look a little richer in the shaded areas. Can't decide on battle damage either :happy.:

He's done!

http://www.golden-throne.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/dpdone1-1.jpg

http://www.golden-throne.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/dpdone1-3.jpg

http://www.golden-throne.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/dpdone1-4.jpg

http://www.golden-throne.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/dpdone1-2.jpg

Dam Tzen that is just absolutely jaw dropping, such an amazing idea utilising the dread parts! it does get the creative juices flowing for a khorne version using khorgorath to make him look more 40k looking :devil:

The painting skill ontop of the conversion just shows the immense level of skill. 

Absolutely fantastic work on the DP/Ascended Contemptor/whatever he is supposed to be!

Except for that left hand that still seems sooo weird to me, mostly because it doesn't make any sense like that:

Even if his organic remains mutate into a more muscular/organic shape, that hand would probably have been lost, right? Or there wouldn't be any way for it to grow through the entire mechanic Contemptor arm. And seeing how the rest of the Contemptor parts on him still seem mostly non-mutated, that is such a weird element, and it really sticks out to me -- but maybe it's just me, so I am putting this in spoiler tags, to spare you all my ranting... ;)

Absolutely fantastic work on the DP/Ascended Contemptor/whatever he is supposed to be!

Except for that left hand that still seems sooo weird to me, mostly because it doesn't make any sense like that:

Even if his organic remains mutate into a more muscular/organic shape, that hand would probably have been lost, right? Or there wouldn't be any way for it to grow through the entire mechanic Contemptor arm. And seeing how the rest of the Contemptor parts on him still seem mostly non-mutated, that is such a weird element, and it really sticks out to me -- but maybe it's just me, so I am putting this in spoiler tags, to spare you all my ranting... :wink:

I hear you Kraut! :D

It's the reason I like it. He is Chaos after all, I don't want it to make too much sense, I was worried if I left a normal arm on there it wouldn't look "mechanical" enough, and the randomness of it is very chaotic. But it is all good, I totally get why you don't like it. Perfectly cool with me! :D 

Already said this over on the Faced Blorks, but I love this with all of my stupid little heart.

Too nice to me Lex! :D 

• 4 years later...

Only 5 years after his release, and most of those years sat on my desk unpainted, I have finally painted up Ahriman! 

Belting model this, but suffers from what a lot of recent GW models suffer from, very fragile details that seem to want to bend/break/snap off at the smallest provocation.  

Ahriman1.png

Ahriman4.png

Ahriman3.png

Ahriman2.png