Tzen's Thousand Sons

Tzen

Just found this thread and I have to say that your work is awesome man! I really like your Magnus, the skin, feathers and runes look great and I really like the contrast you´re doing between the blue and the red, but I have to say that the silver looks too plain to me, exactly the same problem that I see with the GW one... Nevertheless I will surely follow your project closely, I´ll be getting mine soon and this is truly inspirational!

I agree with the armour thing totally!

I was tempted to go down a non-metallic route or just something different for the armour. And part of me wishes I had. Still, committed to it now so I will finish it. 

Thanks Duskraider! We may disagree but I really appreciate that you like my work! It gives me the confidence to keep going! :D

Here is so far!

http://www.golden-throne.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/magnus19.jpg

None of these armour plates are stuck on. I need repaint the greaves as they don't match the rest of the metallics. However I am gradually coming round to liking the current silver. I need to tidy up some of the areas on the thigh plates, but I am slowly chugging away at him! :D

Honestly, I haven't decided yet. It's why I have left his claws black for the time being. I really want to put across the black and red theme I'm going for. But because the horns on the armour aren't his horns, they may be bone to separate him from them a little.

This isn't the best picture, but I have just finished the loin cloth, and barring a few touch ups, I wanted to see how it fit with the rest of him.

http://www.golden-throne.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/magnus20.jpg

I think that's it for a while now. I am moving house at the end of the week, and will be  without internet for a while! I may get a few hours here and there after work, hoping to get him done before the New Year either way! :D

Are you going to post a recipe for Magnus' skin?

Purple skin:  Naggaroth > xereus > 50/50 xereus and Kislev - add white to this for final highlight.

:ohmy.:

'Eavy Metal, soon?

Haha, no no. 

Still got his wings to do yet, and his head. Plenty time to mess this guy up yet! :D

He's really starting to come together now buddy. Everything looks fantastic

Ta Bio!

I really want to continue painting him, but I know what will happen. I will end up getting tired and a head ache and then messing it up. As much as I am itching to finish him, I don't want to increase any chance of ruining him!

Ooooohhh, took a few days away from this and bang, look at how it has progressed. Very impressive stuff. 

I can see why you've reservations with the armour; but when you compare yours to the GW version I have to say yours really kicks ass. I think you've made it plain yet interesting. All I could suggest would be a coloured glaze to give it a hint of magical aura, like blue.

Don't mess this up dude! The hopes of us peasants following your thread depend on it. I know the temptation is great, but for a one of centrepiece you can afford to take the time!!

Ta man! I'll do my best not to mess it up, a lot will depend on he wings and the face. If I can get those right I think I will be happy!

I do need to get a space wolf dreadnought for his base though..

Looking ace Tzen! Good luck with the move and remember to take a day or two after to get some energy back and to get settled in before continuing ;)

I will probably continue with him in the new year. With the move plus Xmas festivities I doubt I'll have much chance to get more done. However I may get to snatch he odd hour or two every evening.