Watching Out 1: Commanders, Chaplains, & Librarians

Ordo Machinum

Chaplain does unlock FC for his squad in a Strategium Command Team. Of the three options, this is easily the best for this Formation if you want to run a fat Land Raider/Corvus Blackstar squad, and it stacks nicely with Zealot. He's reasonably cheap too, allowing more points to tool up a CC Deathstar.

This. On his own he is the least useful, in that formation though he is hands down the best if used with an appropriate squad.

I don't know. For the points of 5 TH/SS Termies with Chaplain and 5 vets with power weapons you can take a squad with 5 AC Termies, 4 Frag Cannons, and auspex that will output more better wounds at range, drown enemies trying to charge them in overwatch AP2 wounds, and is not really afraid of enemy overwatch or striking back. Hmm. I guess shooty DW just appeals to me more than melee, DW isn't going to be able to compete with Wulfen, Thunderwolves, melee superheavies or IH Smash team, so I don't really see point in trying to to that.

It's more a small team of well equipped vets can punch far above their own cost. The black shield getting double attacks simply for being outnumbered combined with furious charge and all the rerolls could tear through a tactical squad on his own. Combine that with a xenophase blade Sergeant and a few vets with a mix of weapons and/or shields and you can make a small team that can wipe out units that aren't worth pointing your fancy guns at.

Add in a vanguard vet and now you can tie up or slaughter multiple units with just the one.

Of course balancing their size and cost is the hard part but one or two small teams to mop up targets that your big guns are wasted on is never a bad idea.

Also those heavy thunder hammers with all the re rolls could very well dish out the damage against thunderwolves. I wouldn't ever waste time with wulfen though since everyone has access to ap 4 in the dex.

Watch Master... Rule of cool... The guardian spear is cool and nice weapon to deal with heavily armoured infantry... I will Always take him with relic volta to turn His weapon Assault1 so he can shoot and charge and a meltabomb so he can damage walkers he weakened with His clavis...

Watch Captain... Basically a SM Captain without access to Bike and Eternal Shield... Better to run Artemis in this role despise His 3+ armour (hoped artemis had AA Too)...

Chaplain... The most subpar of the four... Useful only to give FC to an Assault oriented kill team in strategium command formation...

Librarian... Probably the best HQ and the most spammable Too cause you can have one in each kill team... One with 4++ relic is the best for a stalker boltgun unit cause he can boost the squad Too with powers...

Archived