+ The Iron Without - Iron Warriors Painting Contest +

Doctor Perils

Quick thing again: Painting doesn't start until 9/3 right? Want to make sure I don't jump the gun out of excitement smile.png

Correct-o!

I'm finding it reaaaaaally hard to not start painting immediately. :lol:

Oh, by the way:

So, we now have:

• 22 participants, including 11 Imperial Fists, 6 Black Templars, and 5 DIY'ers;
  • over 5'000 points worth of models vowed (not counting the two out-of-competition vows);
  • a very happy Dosjetka. biggrin.png

In comparison, our rivals have:

• 11 participants;
  • Just over 3'600 points worth of models vowed;
  • a bitter bunch of traitors. tongue.png

Keep it up, folks!

Oh, by the way:

So, we now have:

• 22 participants, including 11 Imperial Fists, 6 Black Templars, and 5 DIY'ers;
  • over 5'000 points worth of models vowed (not counting the two out-of-competition vows);
  • 11 participants;
Keep it up, folks!

Pffft, Im yet to vow. ;)

Oh, by the way:

So, we now have:

• 11 participants;
Keep it up, folks!

Pffft, Im yet to vow. msn-wink.gif

Me too, and we all know what will happen when Betrayal at Prospero arrives: ALL THE MkIII WILL BE MINE!!!

Quick thing again: Painting doesn't start until 9/3 right? Want to make sure I don't jump the gun out of excitement smile.png

Correct-o!

I'm finding it reaaaaaally hard to not start painting immediately. laugh.png

Me too.. I keep looking at the primed model.. may have to put him in a drawer or something until the 3rd.

Yeah, if Mk III is in plastic, I expect this event to explode.

Oh yeah. If MKIII armor gets a nice generic plastic treatment... well I've been waiting to start Heresy, was going to use MkIV but MkIII looks better for the IVth.

Oh yeah.  If MKIII armor gets a nice generic plastic treatment... well I've been waiting to start Heresy, was going to use MkIV but MkIII looks better for the IVth.

In fairness, MkIII also works well for the Fists, so it'll be best for everyone all round.

Gaah, I can't wait!!! I think I'll have to paint all those old Chaos Space Marines Dosjetka sold me as Iron Warriors in 40k in the mean time... And we can have units of 20 remember ;)

That and my Warsmith, Rapier and Techmarine, I should have enough to keep me occupied :devil:

Oh yeah. If MKIII armor gets a nice generic plastic treatment... well I've been waiting to start Heresy, was going to use MkIV but MkIII looks better for the IVth.

In fairness, MkIII also works well for the Fists, so it'll be best for everyone all round.

Gaah, I can't wait!!! I think I'll have to paint all those old Chaos Space Marines Dosjetka sold me as Iron Warriors in 40k in the mean time... And we can have units of 20 remember msn-wink.gif

That and my Warsmith, Rapier and Techmarine, I should have enough to keep me occupied devil.gif

I have to admit if I wasn't absolute garbage at painting yellow, I might have been a Fist (I do kinda like the Crimson Fist colors in 40k though, like really like them. I may or may not have once converted a 5-man Tac squad using Crux Terminatus shoulderpads and tabards to be Sternguard with the intent to paint them as Crimson Fists because I wanted an all-Sternguard army for a narrative idea). But I'm not, and have always had the black heart of a traitor.

Gaah, I can't wait!!! I think I'll have to paint all those old Chaos Space Marines Dosjetka sold me as Iron Warriors in 40k in the mean time... And we can have units of 20 remember msn-wink.gif

That and my Warsmith, Rapier and Techmarine, I should have enough to keep me occupied devil.gif

I have to admit if I wasn't absolute garbage at painting yellow, I might have been a Fist (I do kinda like the Crimson Fist colors in 40k though, like really like them. I may or may not have once converted a 5-man Tac squad using Crux Terminatus shoulderpads and tabards to be Sternguard with the intent to paint them as Crimson Fists because I wanted an all-Sternguard army for a narrative idea). But I'm not, and have always had the black heart of a traitor.

I totally blow at painting yellow, but the yellow foundation paint is a lifesaver.

+ OFFICIAL EVENT ANNOUNCEMENT +

Since waiting for another week-and-a-half before starting to paint is crazy, the start date shall be brought forward to Saturday 27th August. There is no start time so whenever you wake up and it's the 27th in your part of the world, you are allowed to start.

In addition to this, you have until the 27th to modify your current vows in the following ways:

• By adding one or multiple units to your vow;
  • By modifying the wargear of your currently vowed units.
You cannot under any circumstance remove any of the units that you have already pledged to paint.

End of announcement.

+ + + + +

Oh...

That's good... So, I will modifiy my current vow.

I, Celtic_Cauldron, vow to honour the IVth Legion Astartes by deploying the following units from the XIIth Grand Company:

http://i35.servimg.com/u/f35/17/96/43/35/uwain_10.jpg

- 10 Chaos Legionaries with VOTLW, 1 missile launcher and a plasma gun. The Aspiring Champion also have a power axe. Cost: 195 points.

I changed the picture as two of the minis have mysteriously disappeared in the Warp. They have been replaced.

http://i35.servimg.com/u/f35/17/96/43/35/nereus10.jpg

- 5 Chaos Terminators with VOTLW, 1 Reaper AC, 1 combi-melta, 1 combi-flamer, 1 Chainfist, 2 Power Gloves. The Champion also have a combi melta and a chainfist. Cost: 255 points

Total cost for Vow 1: 450 points

Iron Within! Iron Without!

Celtic_Cauldron

How many points max per vow again? Oh and how many vows? I really cant be bothered checking on my phone.

4 units (plus dedicated transports) per vow, 7 vows max. No points limit (which in your case, is quite unlucky for the opposing team. tongue.png)

The Psycho is right about the limits, however, he isn't correct about the points limit imo: units for chaos can be way bigger and waaaay more expensive with the current codex msn-wink.gif

Also, iirc, 3500 points for 11 Iron Warriors versus 5000 points for 22 Imperial Fists? You may have the numbers, but we have a better average vow msn-wink.gif

EDIT: You'll notice I have a new avatar. If any Iron Warriors player wants me to create a custom emblem for them - be it for a distinct Grand Battalion or Grand Company, or a splinter Warband - I'd be happy to oblige :) I'm also prepared to extend the invitation to the Imperial Fists and successors, though of course Iron Warriors will take precedence ;)

How many points max per vow again? Oh and how many vows? I really cant be bothered checking on my phone.

4 units (plus dedicated transports) per vow, 7 vows max. No points limit (which in your case, is quite unlucky for the opposing team. tongue.png)

The Psycho is right about the limits, however, he isn't correct about the points limit imo: units for chaos can be way bigger and waaaay more expensive with the current codex msn-wink.gif

Also, iirc, 3500 points for 11 Iron Warriors versus 5000 points for 22 Imperial Fists? You may have the numbers, but we have a better average vow msn-wink.gif

EDIT: You'll notice I have a new avatar. If any Iron Warriors player wants me to create a custom emblem for them - be it for a distinct Grand Battalion or Grand Company, or a splinter Warband - I'd be happy to oblige smile.png I'm also prepared to extend the invitation to the Imperial Fists and successors, though of course Iron Warriors will take precedence msn-wink.gif

So there is a limit on how big each vow can be in terms of points? I didn't see one in the rules, and now I'm confuzzled... confused.gif Please illuminate!

Bigger average vows just mean that you stand to lose more for every non-completion, so make sure y'all hold true to your oaths. :)

I, Captain Titus, vow on the honour of the Iron Guard DIY Warband to fully paint at least 1 Chaos Lord (Plasma Pistol & Power Weapon), 6 Chosen (Pair of Lightning Claws, Power Fist, 2 Power Weapons), 1 Hellbrute, 10 Cultists (Flamer), 10 Cultists (Autoguns, Heavy Stubber, Shotgun)​ from Dark Vengeance with a total value of 515 points by Saturday 3rd of December 2016. I promise to provide at least one "start" picture and a final "vow completed" picture in this time. I vow to bring honour to Perturabo and the Iron Warriors by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

IRON WITHOUT!

The pile of grey plastic will finally shrink once more!

The Iron Without   Iron Warriors Painting Contest BEFORE VOW 1

Edit: Sorry for poor photographs, the only camera I have at the minute is my phone.

So there is a limit on how big each vow can be in terms of points? I didn't see one in the rules, and now I'm confuzzled... confused.gif Please illuminate!

Bigger average vows just mean that you stand to lose more for every non-completion, so make sure y'all hold true to your oaths. smile.png

No, there isn't a point limit: however, with each unit being potentially worth more points then a loyalist one, overall, each Iron Warrior member can potentially vow more points then an Imperial Fist.

However, since we'll be soon getting a new codex (with presumably cheaper units), and with more Imperial Fist participants, I think that advantage evens itself out smile.png

Happy to have you with us Warsmiths Hardrade and Titus :)

Archived