+ The Iron Without - Iron Warriors Painting Contest +

Doctor Perils

I, Nemac Vradon, vow on the honour of the Iron Warriors to fully paint at least one Helbrute with Powerfist and Multi-melta from Codex: Chaos Space Marines with a total points value of 105 points by Saturday 3rd December 2016. I promise to provide at least one "start" picture and a final "vow completed" picture in that time. I vow to bring honour to Perturabo and the Iron Warriors by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

IRON WITHOUT!

(Pictures to follow when its light outside)

Edit:

SAM_0994.JPG

SAM_0995.JPG

SAM_0996.JPG

As requested :)

Very good looking helbrute there, I really like all the greenstuff pipes and things.

Would you be so kind as to edit them into the post just above too? It ensures that all stuff for a vow is in a single place :)

I really need to get the tool to make those free stuff pipes. They look really good!

A cheap and easy way to do it is just a regular plastic comb you find at the grocery store. Just find one that is all fine width for the even ridges and your set. Roll your green stuff into a tube, then roll it on the comb (or the comb over it) to get the ridges.

I, Boltertama, vow on the honour of the Iron Warriors to fully paint at least one Chaos Lord on juggernaut with sigill of corruption, axe of fury, mark of khorne and 10 man squad of chaos space marine with plasma and melta from Codex: Chaos Space Marines with a total points value of 335 points by Saturday 3rd December 2016. I promise to provide at least one "start" picture and a final "vow completed" picture in that time. I vow to bring honour to Perturabo and the Iron Warriors by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

IRON WITHOUT!

http://imageshack.com/a/img921/3226/g8R2tI.jpg

Going to try and get my First 'small' vow together in the next few days... But I think I can wait for the overlap with the call of Chaos.. to maximise my ability to hit many targets at once. 

Yeah, I think I'll be making my first vow this weekend too :) Though I may have to duck out of the Call.

First vow done: a single Iron Warrior model. (I understand this is worth 50 points.) 

You wouldn't believe how much I enjoyed myself painting something different. 

A very handsome Warrior...

I'm sure he's feeling a bit lonely though ?

So I'm having trouble with my vow. I ordered the missiles for the tyrant termies but they won't be here for quite awhile I think. I have three of the five is there any way I can complete them with just three and update later when the missiles come in? Or maybe change my vow? Just wondering what my options are as I have a bunch of other stuff that is dying to be painted silver!

So I'm having trouble with my vow. I ordered the missiles for the tyrant termies but they won't be here for quite awhile I think. I have three of the five is there any way I can complete them with just three and update later when the missiles come in? Or maybe change my vow? Just wondering what my options are as I have a bunch of other stuff that is dying to be painted silver!

Hmm, sorry if this seems harsh, but I can't really allow that sad.png : if this was just a contest between us Iron Warriors, perhaps I could envisage it, but out of fairness for everyone participating, that won't be possible. This is one of the reasons we ask for "before" pictures: they show for one that someone isn't just pretending to do any paint to artificially fill the numbers or something, and they show that the models are ready and you won't be hunting for the bit you need for WYSIWYG.

How about trying to kit-bash it? Have you got any conical-ish, or sphere-ish bits that could be glued on bits of cut sprue, that are then stuck on the terminator's back? Or any other bits that could with a bit of imagination be turned into a missile launcher? When your real missile launchers arrive, you can then twist the old bit off and glue the new one on for your own use?

Grr. My bases and pot of Stirland mud are taking forever to show up. I've been spoiled for so long with Amazon's Prime shipping rates. Blah. Luckily though I should still be able to finish before the start of the Call, and good thing too... that is going to be a tall order. On a plus side, raiding my bits box found the perfect bit of scenery for the base when it does arrive, so I'm happy. Those Raptor legs are wonderfully scenic. Continue the progress, all. 

I have decided to not do a max size first vow, I actually want to take my time and enjoy painting something for once. Plus we smashed all commers in the ETL so I dont think we need to prove anything to the fists, everybody on B&C knows we are the best.

Looks like my vow will be 10 CSM's and 5 Terminators. But what will net the most points, Chaos dex Termies or Heresy Cataphracts?

Any of your mates or local marine players have spare cyclone launchers from the Termie/Dark Angel Termie boxes goin spare? Thats how Im going to do mine.

I have decided to not do a max size first vow, I actually want to take my time and enjoy painting something for once. Plus we smashed all commers in the ETL so I dont think we need to prove anything to the fists, everybody on B&C knows we are the best.

Looks like my vow will be 10 CSM's and 5 Terminators. But what will net the most points, Chaos dex Termies or Heresy Cataphracts?

Ah, this issue came up on the Imperial Fists' side and I must have forgotten to bring it up here: we can only keep to one setting within a single vow - if you want to paint 10 CSM and 5 Heresy Cataphracts, you'd have to do it in two vows

sorry :(

Unfortunately painting pink got in the way of this guy, but I thought i'd show off some progress, I really need to get it done before the Tale of Hobbyists kicks off... 

Nothing too flashy yet, I am looking forward to weathering all hell out of this. The Iron colour looks a little more interesting in real life, thanks to copious amounts of glazing/washes.

http://i65.tinypic.com/2lwakcy.jpg

http://i65.tinypic.com/2r4mlok.jpg

http://i63.tinypic.com/2qwodv8.jpg

Any suggestions for the hatches/cupolas? I really regret not attaching them, I was going to do hazard stripes on them, but I don't have the patience....

Unfortunately painting pink got in the way of this guy, but I thought i'd show off some progress, I really need to get it done before the Tale of Hobbyists kicks off... 

Nothing too flashy yet, I am looking forward to weathering all hell out of this. The Iron colour looks a little more interesting in real life, thanks to copious amounts of glazing/washes.

Any suggestions for the hatches/cupolas? I really regret not attaching them, I was going to do hazard stripes on them, but I don't have the patience....

I think the colour already looks very good :)

For the cupolas, do you mean in terms of painting them or what to use in terms of modelling or what?

Vow complete:

Tactical Squad and Primus Medicae:

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag437/Phatsquirre1/e8009679-ef65-4c78-bec7-802d882a9d3e_zpsx7hhn3iv.jpg

Legion Medusa:

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag437/Phatsquirre1/eaf4c9b3-d2f6-4c85-951e-6d9cd8310a08_zpsnqmwfpsd.jpg

Xiphon Interceptor:

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag437/Phatsquirre1/c5e4bca0-9c46-4dbc-88b7-9d195102ec08_zpsvvofgqtn.jpg

For a total of 712 points.

I'll have to see what else I can scrounge up for my next vow. Been buying too many robots lately it seems. wacko.png That said, it feels good to be down another 15x Tacticals. cool.png

Archived