+ The Iron Without - Iron Warriors Painting Contest +

Doctor Perils

Unfortunately painting pink got in the way of this guy, but I thought i'd show off some progress, I really need to get it done before the Tale of Hobbyists kicks off...

Nothing too flashy yet, I am looking forward to weathering all hell out of this. The Iron colour looks a little more interesting in real life, thanks to copious amounts of glazing/washes.

Any suggestions for the hatches/cupolas? I really regret not attaching them, I was going to do hazard stripes on them, but I don't have the patience....

I think the colour already looks very good smile.png

For the cupolas, do you mean in terms of painting them or what to use in terms of modelling or what?

Thanks mate! I could be convinced to switch to Iron from bright pink, shining gold and pure whites! It's so much quicker!! I've always wanted to convert up Forrix....

As to the cupolas, paint wise if i add the one with the pintle weapon it'll need to be iron, I was originally going to have just hatches/inset parts, but I haven't got the bits... The last rhino I did was a Deimos, so I forgot the hatches weren't the same....

med_gallery_78067_11287_42594.jpg

I live, I breathe. I am the Iron Tyrant's will.

I am no man. I have not been for centuries. The Emperor took me and reforged me into a monster, a living weapon, a being capable of infinite destruction. I marched to war with thousands of my brothers, many of whom now lie dead in some long-forgotten ditch somewhere, at his word. He didn't care about us, we were simply tools to be used and then discarded when we were no longer effective. We were overlooked, in favor of his prized VII Legion, first at Roma but many times afterwards. We were never acknowledged for our works, simply ignored. When he had no more use for us, he gave us to one of his Sons to use.

I hate him. I have always hated him for this. When the Lord of Iron made the choice to stand with his brother the Warmaster in war against the Emperor, I followed willingly. Not simply because he was my father and my Tyrant, but because he allowed us our vengeance. He let us slaughter those fools who were still loyal to the Emperor, and promised us that we would break his power holds. We leapt at this opportunity.

Now here, seven years after the Massacre at the Dropsites of Isstvan, we are afforded this final release of hatred. In the mud and trenches of Terra, we face the precious VII Legion, the Emperor's Praetorians: his Imperial Fists. We will break them here. After we break his chosen Legion, we will tear into the ripe shell that he names a "palace" and tear him down from his throne. Not so that the Warmaster Lupercal can ascend to the Imperium's rule, or for any sort of petty political machination, but for good, simple, old fashioned hatred, and revenge.

It is my Tyrant's will, and I will fulfill. I live, I breath. I will forge his war.

I am Iron Within. I am Iron Without.

+++

I, The Psycho, come here a simple Warrior, and in the name of the IV Legion make a vow, that before December Third Anno Domini Two Thousand and Sixteen, I will present before this court, in miniature form, a single Warsmith of the Iron Warriors. I will provide a single picture to begin my work and a single picture following his completion before that date. Though this will necessarily be out of competition, I swear to complete this vow as part of my atonement for the E Tenebrae Lux. For the Iron Tyrant. Iron Within. Iron Without.

Haven't forgotten about my vow. I know it's "only" OOC, but damn it, it's still important! Just need to pick up a couple things when I swing by the store on Saturday.

As to the cupolas, paint wise if i add the one with the pintle weapon it'll need to be iron, I was originally going to have just hatches/inset parts, but I haven't got the bits... The last rhino I did was a Deimos, so I forgot the hatches weren't the same.... 

For the bolter, I'd really consider adding some gold/bronze/copper (for the mechanisms) and black, yellow or hazard stripes (for the casing).

I've done a little more painting on my Helbrute. All the silver base layer and washes are done and now I'm just picking out the gold trim. If the weather improves today I will try and get a picture but right now it really wouldn't show the detail very well at all.

Nemac

Razing of Imperetus (847.M37)

The 27th Grand Company of the Iron Warriors engaged in the Razing of Imperetus, a feral death world utilized as a tactical training grounds for the Imperial Fists. The intentions of Warsmith Enzoch were to twofold: first to strip the dense equatorial jungles of all flora and fauna  to render the proving grounds useless, as well as employing a small strike force of Terminators to ransack and raid the administrative stronghold serving as a staging point to the Imperial Fists’ wargames. After surveying the sector for any Imperial activity, Warsmith Enzoch silently invaded his force at the first sign of inactivity upon the planet.

After a substantial bombardment from the skies, the 27th Grand Company made landfall, sweeping what little remained of the native life with all manner of war machines and daemonic engines. With the brunt of the forces occupied with the razing of the jungles, Captain Phaethon and his elite Terminator strike force teleported into the heart of the Imperial Fists’ stronghold. He, and Warsmith Enzoch, had assumed the building to be deserted with the departure of the fleet, but a contingent of the Imperial Fists’ 1st Company had remained.

What ensued was a bloody melee between the millennia-old rivals within the cramped confines of the building. While none of the actual combatants knew or were familiar with the deeds of their enemies, the legacies of their parental legions’ rivalries were permanently etched in their motives. Even as the last of Imperetus’ jungles were naught but death and ash, Phaethon and his dwindling squad battled the entrenched defenders.

After seven hours of melee against the last remaining Son of Dorn, Captain Phaethon finally emerged victorious, the only survivor of the tremendous brawl within the stronghold. He immediately found, however, that all vox requests for extraction were being ignored. Indeed, no contact could be made with the rest of the entirety of the 27th Grand Company. They had left him here, abandoned on the demolished surface of Imperetus.

http://i.imgur.com/DXQFV77l.jpg?3

Hidden Content
http://i.imgur.com/LJ4wBgdl.jpg?2http://i.imgur.com/LBKqIFel.jpg?2http://i.imgur.com/5o60UK2l.jpg?2

And with that, I have completed my singular vow. Came together quite nicely in the end. That Stirland Mud is fun to work with.

I, gaurdian31, vow on the honour of Iron Warrirors to fully paint at least 1 Chaos Lord in Terminator armor with chainfist and combi-melta from Codex Chaos Space Marines with a total points value of 127 pts. by Saturday 3rd December 2016. I promise to provide at least one "start" picture and a final "vow completed" picture in that time. I vow to bring honour to Perturabo and the Iron Warriors by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

IRON WITHOUT!

Before Pic:

Iron Warrior Lord

There may be more but I will start with this.

I, gaurdian31, vow on the honour of Iron Warrirors to fully paint at least 1 Chaos Lord in Terminator armor with chainfist and combi-melta from Codex Chaos Space Marines with a total points value of 127 pts. by Saturday 3rd December 2016. I promise to provide at least one "start" picture and a final "vow completed" picture in that time. I vow to bring honour to Perturabo and the Iron Warriors by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

IRON WITHOUT!

Before Pic:

There may be more but I will start with this.

The iron lord is pleased to see ever more sons return to the fold :devil:

And you're right, it's best to start small to get the motivation up, and gradually expand :)

@Scourged: very nice looking base. Especially those yellow bits of armour... (pssst, declare the trophies)

Ah, oops. I went back and amended my original vow to include the trophies, and updated the points total. All should be well now.

Okay, so for trophies we can declare them once the vow is finished, when we declare the completion, so no worries :) Just something to think about :)

That my first lot of models completed.  Needed them all ready for Throne of Skulls during 3rd & 4th September just there.

Here the WIP/before photos

The challenge began before I could pledge, but I've fully painted 5 raptors and am at the stage of putting the finishing touches on a trio of vindicators since the contest began.

You can still pledge....

Oh well, I didn't read it fully, thinking the rules were the same as ETL.

I'm done now

The challenge began before I could pledge, but I've fully painted 5 raptors and am at the stage of putting the finishing touches on a trio of vindicators since the contest began.

You can still pledge....

Oh well, I didn't read it fully, thinking the rules were the same as ETL.

I'm done now

He means that we still have a week to make our first vows - however, you do still need to pledge the vow before starting to paint happy.png

We'd be very happy to have you if you have any more models that you haven't started yet :)

Okay, if I don't post this up now I'll just keep on procrastinating:

I, Lord Thørn, vow on the honour of the XCIIIrd Grand Battalion of the Iron Warriors, to fully paint at least one Praetor-Warsmith, one Legion Techmarine and one Legion Rapier Battery from the Legiones Astartes Army List with a total points value of 382 by Saturday 3rd December 2016. I promise to provide at least one "start" picture and a final "vow completed" picture in that time. I vow to bring honour to Perturabo and the Iron Warriors by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

IRON WITHOUT!

gallery_77459_11459_26933.jpg

One Praetor

- Warsmith Upgrade

- Terminator Armour

- Volkite Charger

- Master Crafted Paragon Blade

- Servo-arm

- Iron Halo

One Techmarine

- Thunder Hammer

- Nuncio-vox

One Rapier Battery

- Quad Launcher

- Phosphex Cannister Shot

- Splinter Shell

Just post my second vow, again let me know if this is all ok?

I, Insane Psychopath, vow on the honour of the Iron Warriors 5th Grand Company to fully paint at least 

• 1 Chaos Vindicator w/Daemonic Possession & Siege Shield - 145pts

Total: 145pts

By Saturday 3rd December 2016. I promise to provide at least one "start" picture and a final "vow completed" picture in that time. I vow to bring honour to Perturabo and the Iron Warriors by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

IRON WITHOUT!!

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/2016/DSC00038_zps9xddhoag.jpg

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/2016/DSC00131_zpsg1yd6dlo.jpg

I will stand with my brothers against the hated seventh.

Hatred will focus me, rage drive me forward, this will end with the gutless throne-followers in the mud with my ironclad foot upon their yellow hide.

It is not by mere mistake they paint their armour yellow.

It is, after all, the colour of fear and cowardice.

Iron within, my brothers, iron without.

Just post my second vow, again let me know if this is all ok?

I, Insane Psychopath, vow on the honour of the Iron Warriors 5th Grand Company to fully paint at least 

• 1 Chaos Vindicator w/Daemonic Possession & Siege Shield - 145pts

Total: 145pts

By Saturday 3rd December 2016. I promise to provide at least one "start" picture and a final "vow completed" picture in that time. I vow to bring honour to Perturabo and the Iron Warriors by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

IRON WITHOUT!!

Veeerrry nice Insane Psychopath :) I must say, I really like your possessed vindicators done like this :)

I will stand with my brothers against the hated seventh.

Hatred will focus me, rage drive me forward, this will end with the gutless throne-followers in the mud with my ironclad foot upon their yellow hide.

It is not by mere mistake they paint their armour yellow.

It is, after all, the colour of fear and cowardice.

Iron within, my brothers, iron without.

We're very happy to have your Iron Boots with us lokkorex :tu:

So, I know its a little bit later then I said in my previous post but I have finally got around to getting a picture of the Helbrute.

Still a way to go.

Nemac

Very nice looking iron there Nemac :) Impatient to see what you've got planned for your mutated flesh.

Archived