+ The Iron Without - Iron Warriors Painting Contest +

Doctor Perils

(first i what to ask am i to late to join the iron legion?)

I Warboss aidan, vow on the honor of Endless forge to fully paint at lest one Tzeentch sorcerer lord with Sigil of Corruption, Force Axe, Spell Familiar, Mastery Level 3, h from the chaos space marine book. With a total points value of 160pts  by Saturday 3rd December 2016. I promise to provide at lest one "start picture and a final "vow completed" picture in that time. I vow to bring honor to Perturabo and the iron warriors by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in arms.

IRON WITHOUT

Wahey, wasn't expecting new vowers this late in the game, but you are still very welcome here :) Bear in mind that this will however be an Out Of Competition vow, as the doors for that were closed two months ago (or so) - I look forward to seeing your sorceror :)

First up you guys are doing a cracking job with your vows and what not. A true inspiration for the Sons of Perturabo. My absence has been caused by moving flats recently moving flats. So here are my before shots. I'll get them as close to done as I can by the deadline, if not completed. 

Slaanesh Lord WIP

Lord WIP

Sorceror WIp

Sorceror wip

Plague Marines 2 WIP

Plague Marines WIP

Noise Marines WIP

Noise Marines WIP

Iron Within, Iron Without. 

Terminators and consul primus medicae are finished, dreadnoughts nearly completed:

http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd366/lokkorex/image_zpshttwn3er.jpeg

Close-ups:

http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd366/lokkorex/image_zpseg7iva1y.jpeg

http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd366/lokkorex/image_zps46ahix1o.jpeg

Tomorrow i'll finish the dreads, and take on the land raiders, hope to have 'em finished by midnight friday.

So, I finally came around to finish the base of the raptor and also added some finishing touches to the war-bird. GW is reallllly slow with deliveries nowadays, so I had to wait quite a bit for the dead SM to arrive. I decided not to drill any holes into the model after all. I also painted up the quad heavy bolters as I magnetized the side turrets. After two games with the raptor I have to say I almost like the bolters better (see thumb below). The raptor is definitely great fun to use and scored his share of points ("let them bleed" is its clear favorite), although he didn't survive in both games - damn you lucky las-gun shots. Unfortunately I won't be able to do the decimator for this competition.

Anyways, vow complete! (This time with trophy bonus?)

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk33/Therrous/XXX/20161202_001854.jpg

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk33/Therrous/XXX/th_20161202_001505.jpg

@Iron Skull Mask: and what a lovely trophy it is too :devil: the raptor is looking very good, especially the big hazard stripes :)

@lokkorex: cool dreads, man[/rastafariaccent] the frag cannon looks distinctly Iron Warriors-y, and I can spot another trophy for the trophy god :devil:

ohmy.png Augustus not finishing a vow? What is this HERESY?!?!

I know right? It wasn't for lack of will, but my back injury is killing me most of the time, so lanning can be a bit iffy. Seenig as mine was out-of-competition, I thought it wouldn't be a huge let-down for the team if I'd fail here. I missed my Call of Chaos vow last year as well, and do not want to repeat it this year. There too, I vowed the two iron Circle models I vowed in this event. The deadline there for Call of Chaos IX is December 15th though, which gives me a liiiitle more time.

Sad to hear about your injury Augustus. I hope you're well and kicking soon. Of course it would have been awesome to see your completed vow, since it's always great to see your stuff, but don't feel too bad about it, as you said, it was an ooc vow anyways (which is the only thing to feel actually sorry about msn-wink.gif ).

ohmy.png Augustus not finishing a vow? What is this HERESY?!?!

I know right? It wasn't for lack of will, but my back injury is killing me most of the time, so lanning can be a bit iffy. Seenig as mine was out-of-competition, I thought it wouldn't be a huge let-down for the team if I'd fail here. I missed my Call of Chaos vow last year as well, and do not want to repeat it this year. There too, I vowed the two iron Circle models I vowed in this event. The deadline there for Call of Chaos IX is December 15th though, which gives me a liiiitle more time.

Yes, you're right to take it easy :) After all, you'll have just as much time when you're back on your feet :)

med_gallery_63428_7083_113631.png

The Iron Warriors painting competition nears its end, and in honour of the 4th legion’s great effort the 34th Inspirational Friday topic of 2016, running from today until the 16th of December, is dedicated to the Iron Warriors.

To those interested in winning this for their signature/About Me page...

gallery_63428_7083_3814.png

Give us a fluff piece (as long as you like) about your Iron Warriors (accompanied by photos if you wish) HERE

I have literally stayed up later than I should (work in the morning). But, glory for the IV Legion and for our Iron Father Perturabo, the Siege Maker units I pledged are finished:

Sorceror Skerius

Sorceror

Darenian, Defiler of Oblivion

Slaanesh Lord

Noise Marine Squad Desecrators of Oblivion

Noise Marines

Plague Marine Squad Hokor

Plague Marines

These are just pics that I took quickly as proof of completion. I'll take some new one for my Siege Makers thread. 

Good luck fellow Warsmiths who are still painting. May Perturabo direct you and the Warp reward you. Death to the False Emperor. Iron Within, Iron Without. 

Well, I ran out of Army Painter spray.

I have the three hulls about 95% done, just need some finishing touches. I went to spray the sponsons and the turrets and found the air in both cans I had on hand.

I suppose I shouldn't have base coated those 48 infantry models before I got this vow complete, but there it is. Due to budget constraints I will not be able to finish my pledged Predator squadron by the cut-off time.

On the bright side, they ARE almost done, and I DID get 48 infantry models base coated as Iron Warriors, so there is that.

Now to move on to modeling projects. I need to get my Terminator/Obliterator/Mutilator situation sorted out.

Sorry for not having been round today, I was busy getting trounced by my tyranid friend (it's okay, I got  my own back in Betrayal at Calth afterwards with my Iron Warrior models :P )

Ten minutes left guys :) Some great finished vows coming in! It's been a treat seeing all your awesome models these past months :)

To continue the Iron Madness, I can only hope many of us will join in on our own edition of Inspirational Friday :D

Archived