LOC - Argeus Empire

Sete

So by Kelborn advice I had a look at the BotL project and I like what I see. http://image.bolterandchainsword.com//public/style_emoticons/default/smile.png

Since the setting is after the Great Crusade I reckon M31 (after a quick read through the Prologue) I would like to add my Aurea Imperium to the Fray.

I will work a bit on the lore accordingly to fot the setting wich will be easy enough after I read every detail around.

Edited by Lord Thørn

Hey there,

glad that you've found us. ;)

If you just give the rest of us a small recap of your idea?

With that, our project leader (Simison) and the rest of us can say if the Aurean Imperium would fit into the BotL, ok? :)

cheers

Ok working around the clock here then xD

So my first idea was to make a Human Empire for 40k, albeith a small one in the verge of expanding led by one of the biological sons of the Emperor.

Now after a quick read I can certainly adapt it to BotL.

My idea adapted to this new setting will consist on a small Empire led by Emperor Aurelion (biological son of the Emperor) now starting to expand.

During golden age of mankind he was one among many that took to the stars, and as the Age of Strife begun and darkness took hold of the galaxy he led his people trought the long night eventually being raised to their leader. Being a perpetual and with some degree of power, he had visions of this Dark future of slaughter and betrayal.

Using his vast knowledge acquired trought his long life as perpetual, He now raises from the shadows with an Army bent on conquering the stars and destroying the treath of chaos to save Mankind.

Ofc he will have no love for the brutal opression and bloodshed the Emperor brought upon the galaxy...

Quick mock up of my idea.

Saw the idea on the original thread you posted, looked very promising. It seems like the Aurea Imperium would make good potential allies with the Suzerainty, our existing mini-imperium. They seek to unify humanity under the Imperial Truth and the promise of unhindered scientific progress. They're also trying to create an army via gene-manipulation, which may end up backfiring...

I still need to read on all factions :)

But my guys will rely on the strenght and courage of the average human, and high tech weaponry. Only gene manipulation will be the Emperor bodyguard.

Edited by Sete

Aurelion Empire...

Aurelian Technocracy...

That's insignificant anyway. It's an interesting idea to have a biological son to the Emperor. You wouldn't happen to know Lucan Tyrius would you? He also approached recently with a prospect for a mini-Imperium to settle within this universe. I'd like to know if we came to any agreement on that too while I mention it.

Regardless, welcome to the Brotherhood of the Lost. I am Apothecary Meros, newbie remembrancer, at your service m'lord.

Ola. Funny thing I had this Idea, but internetprobs hindered me to post it.

So I quote myself^^

Hey ho, just had an Idea for a campaign concerning the time after the scouring and endtimes (which could possible be a part of the endtimes. Sorry if I strode so far forward, but as I am sitting here, proofreading a paper, I needed something to focus my thoughts on (poor chap whose paper I correct^^)

Okay, I was inspired by the " imperium from the special projects boards a bit."

So what if a son of the emperor really creates a little empire of his own on the the edge of the galaxy or outside and now after 10000 years of builing his strength, he returns, launching a counter crusade? maybe he too has some form of astartes, or those astartes who accompagnied him and his goal is to reform the rotten empire? free the people from the ppoison the imperial cult has created? Wouldn#t that be a good stroyline to implement later? if that would be the endtimes, maybe the nomads told hec of this? and he went in search for this second empire?

@Meros: we were open, but lucan hadn't sent something. But as we have a big scale ofn10000 years to fill...i thought he would be at the insurrection nontheless.

I would favor late 40k si that it leads to the end times. Could be connected to the nomads.

Edited by MikhalLeNoir

Lot of questions in those few sentences. I'd be happy to add another shade to our project, but I'm wary of this Aurelion. When would this empire run into the Imperium? Is Aurelion supposed to be one of the sensei?

Lot of questions in those few sentences. I'd be happy to add another shade to our project, but I'm wary of this Aurelion. When would this empire run into the Imperium? Is Aurelion supposed to be one of the sensei?

Im still catching up im the timeline.

I assume its a galaxy wide war. Im currently planning to place this Empire around the ghoul stars area ( or eastern fringe) Always liked that place. One of the first I read about in 40k lore.

It would easily get into conflict with the border sistems of both factions. It does not need to be im the center of the conflict.

And yes he is one of the sensei.

Im inspiring myself in the interex an Tau Empire for this faction.

Not a big Empire but using the galaxy wide conflict to expand to create a safe haven for mankind.

Just read the meros and mikhal posts :)

Aurelian technocracy? I dont know it xD But I like the sound of it xD

And no I didn't talk to Lucan xD

And ofc since they know about threath of chaos they will not use warp tecnhology.

They still use pre imperium FTL travel.

Its slower tho xD

I apologize for the abrupt posts but I have visits at home and im trying to Multi task here. ;)

I still dont know if this project expands the 10k years timeline, I only managed to read about the legions.

Edited by Sete

It will eventually cover from 30k to 40k, and it is a galaxy-wide war, perhaps larger than the Heresy since the Great Crusade lasted an additional 40 years. And no apology needed, there is a lot of information to digest as far as BotL is concerned. 

A sensei, eh? That opens up a can of worms I wasn't expecting to deal with. That's going to require a lot of discussion on part of the project.

Regardless of what we think of Aurelion, his Imperium is welcomed to take the Ghoul Stars. As far as I know, the Imperium was only beginning to expand into that area when the Insurrection happens, so it's easily possible that after another year, contact would've been made. Do like that bit of them using non-Warp FTL travel. It adds character.

I'm not opposed to the idea, it seems like a cool one, but I can't really see them surviving the Scouring, especially not if they're allied to the Suzerainty. However, as sim said this will require discussion and I like the initial idea. That and I want the Imperium to have border skirmishes with an Interex style human empire

Also, small thing. In my opinion, it should only be hinted at that he's one of the Emperor's kids. Seeing as the Emperor was pretty bad at the whole parenting thing even with the primarchs, I imagine even Aureon himself wouldn't know his true lineage.

Edited by Sigismund229

Aurea Technocracy. I like it.

More details on the faction now that I have a bit more of time.

They are aware of the threath of chaos, and rely heavily in tecnhology.

Psykers in the population are processed and are used for the bodyguard and secret police of the Emperor if they survive the training and enhancement into meta human.If not they are destroyed.

The enhancement is nothing like Space Marine creation tho. They are just faster and stronger humans with psychic power and they are the main weapons against chaos. No additional organs or gene seed. Very limited numbers. Like less than 100.

The regular army uses Hard hitting electro magnetic weapons. High strengh but low armour penetration with AI drone support. (Tau inspired. Love drones)

Veichles still dunno if I go for tracks or anti grav.

I think anti grav would fit the theme better.

Aurelion could just be a psyker of great power. Malcador like. Some subtle hints of where he might come from works quite nice.

Edited by Sete

It will eventually cover from 30k to 40k, and it is a galaxy-wide war, perhaps larger than the Heresy since the Great Crusade lasted an additional 40 years. And no apology needed, there is a lot of information to digest as far as BotL is concerned.

A sensei, eh? That opens up a can of worms I wasn't expecting to deal with. That's going to require a lot of discussion on part of the project.

Regardless of what we think of Aurelion, his Imperium is welcomed to take the Ghoul Stars. As far as I know, the Imperium was only beginning to expand into that area when the Insurrection happens, so it's easily possible that after another year, contact would've been made. Do like that bit of them using non-Warp FTL travel. It adds character.

I had planned for the Eagle Warriors and Cognis to have set up a small domain there, which is used for their more "out there" experiments until Icarion makes the pledge to Chaos. Edited by bluntblade

Eastern Fringe works well for me aswell.

Like away from the astronomican light. That add chance to their survival.

Well this is my rough sketch of the Faction, im glad that you guys like the overall idea.

Edited by Sete

Eastern Fringe works well for me aswell.

Like away from the astronomican light. That add chance to their survival.

Well this is my rough sketch of the Faction, im glad that you guys like the overall idea.

And that is why the beacons were created ;)(to amplify the astronomicon)

Ah there are beacons? Well easily destroyed :P

Maybe Aurea Tecnhocracy(loved the name) felt threatened and attacked one of the beacons to stop the encroaching advance :P

And thus conflict ensues.

Just throwing my 2 cents. Im alone now gonna catch up om the reading and post questions.

So much to read!!!

Quick couple of questions. Where is the timeline now? Is the Emperor alive? Is the legions civil war over?

Then I can think a way to fit my dudes if you guys like the idea :)

Edited by Sete

I'm not opposed to the idea, it seems like a cool one, but I can't really see them surviving the Scouring, especially not if they're allied to the Suzerainty. 

I'm not as worried about this potential issue. 

Since it's pertinent to the topic at hand, I'll go ahead and share these thoughts. I'm imaging the Imperium following in the same historical pattern as ancient Israel after King Solomon's death. Not only is the kingdom split beneath the foolishness of King Rehoboam, neither Israel or Judea are able to truly recapture the glory days of Solomon and David as both kingdoms are whittled away by their enemies before the death blows are dealt by Assyria and Babylon.

Some of that is repeated here. The Imperium is split into two kingdoms that will alternatively be rivals and allies, depending on the occasion. Now, the reason that Kozja causes the division of the legions is actually to protect the Suzerainty from the Imperium. After the deaths of Icarion and Alex, we mirror canon in which the Loyalists and the Reformists seek to cleanse the galaxy of the Traitor's taint and recovering the lost territory.

At first, everything is going smoothly. Both the Imperium and Suzerainty are able score victory after victory and expand both realms, but it's a slow process. This is because of instead 18 legions, there are now only 10 legions with no Emperor and short an additional two Primarchs. It's like restarting the Great Crusade at the halfway point with a third of the firepower. Still, things are going well with Kozja and the second Warmaster coordinating the legions and military forces.

This first phase ends once the outer circle of Icarion's empire is now back under control. This territory was only recently lost to the Traitors or was mostly razed because the Traitors were now tainted by corruption and were eschewing empire building as opposed to running amok. After this outer ring is the inner ring. This is territory that has been under Icarion's control for a decade of the war and have mostly submitted to the Stormlord. 

Here, the fighting gets more vicious as there is greater resistance against the Imperium and the Suzerainty. It is also at this point that the alliance between the Imperium and the Suzerainty is strained. Although Kozja may be the greatest leader among the surviving Primarchs, he still only has his legion and the Warriors of Peace for legions, while the Imperium still has eight legions. As the fighting gets worse, the Imperium makes more territorial gains than the Suzerainty does. 

As the Scouring drags on, the Imperium is successfully grabbing much of its territory through hard work, while the Suzerainty continues to fall behind, until the Imperium is almost twice the size of the Suzerainty. By this point, half or two thirds of the inner shell of Icarion's Imperium is cleansed, opening up the central core of Icarion's empire. This is territory that has been under the Stormlord's control for 20+ years, an entire human generation. It's obviously going to be where the hardest battles are.

It is at this time that Kozja forces the Suzerainty treaty on the Imperium, which includes the Cohort law. This is Kozja attempting to reduce Imperium's legion advantage and give the Suzerainty a chance to even out the territory sizes. The Imperium, resentfully, complies with a degree of variation among the legions. Regardless, the actual offensive power of the Imperium is highly reduced, while the Suzerainty's offensive power is moderately reduced. 

This is how the Aurean Imperium and the Jackel's raiders could survive. Our Great Scouring is going to take centuries, and, even then, it never fully reaches the original size of the Great Crusade the day before the Insurrection happens. Because by the time the Imperium and Suzerainty are getting close to these golden age boundary lines, the Orks have recovered, the Dark Eldar are preying on victims behind the front lines, and Chaos is constantly trying to find a door into the material realm. 

Edited by simison

Did we establish how much of Icarion's territory will be swallowed by the Maelstrom? The Nightguard will probably have to take the lead there.

The Maelstrom does get bigger, but not that much bigger. I'd prefer it didn't equal the size of the Eye of Terror.