Deathwatch plog [update 1750 pts army]- Vash -

Vash

The assault cannon terminator has an old Deathwatch shoulder pad. One that is included with the terminators.

Is it the one that is supposed to go on right arm, post DW service? I thought rim is asymmetric to indicate that, is that not the case?

The assault cannon terminator has an old Deathwatch shoulder pad. One that is included with the terminators.

Is it the one that is supposed to go on right arm, post DW service? I thought rim is asymmetric to indicate that, is that not the case?

Its identical/symetrical. Can be attached on either side really. 

I have to ask, how did u get that fantastic yellow on the if and sw shoulder pads?

:D

Yriel yellow, Agrax earth shade, and finally a thinned down yriel yellow in one or two thin layers. 

I have to ask, how did u get that fantastic yellow on the if and sw shoulder pads?

biggrin.png

Yriel yellow, Agrax earth shade, and finally a thinned down yriel yellow in one or two thin layers.

Read: patience, shading and more patience! biggrin.png

Entered the Deathwatch painting challenge. So I'll be busy painting. 

Here is my first unit to be painted, one that has entered the challenge. 

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v378/VashDime/40k/Deathwatch/IMG_1514%201.jpg

Captain Artemis, 5 veterans and 2 terminators. Among the veterans one is upgraded to a Black shield. 

See i told you...a couple weeks and you'll have a finished killteam thumbsup.gif and i'll probably have 2 more models finished by thenohmy.png .... tongue.png

at least i'll get inspiration from looking at your stuff.

Funny that the old Deathwatch terminator Pad gets mentioned...i found one in my bits box just last night while digging around for deathwatch add on bits laugh.png

The only thing i'm not fond of in the new DW vets box is no one is kitted out holding their weapon 2 handed?! i thought at least one might...looks like its make some deathwatch Bolters time.

Keep up the good Work vash wub.png

Cheers, Mithril

Thanks. 

Yah, DW seems to have something to prove, holding hitter boltguns with one hand. 

Had to combine some of mine with two boxes of Sternguard Veterans to get some two handed bolter guys. 

75% done with Artemis, and started the base colours on the frag cannon model. 

These deathwatch are faster to paint than I expected to be honest. Sure there is a lot of details, but most of it is pretty much the same colour as the rest of the model. 

The shotgun wasn't so hard to shave off the left hand. Important is to have good tools though.

I used GWs new tools for this.

The cutter to cut off the hand as much as possible. With the improved design over the old ones you get a nice clean cut.

Then I followed up with the scalpel. Cutting new groves.

Finally I used the tool for removing mold lines. With this I shaped the area and cleaned it at the same time.

Okey, first model of my vow is complete. Though he isn't really a part of the official one. But he will be joining the Furor Kill Team in game. 

Captain Artemis!

Beware! Picture taken at night with no good light source. So the blue tinge on the sword isn't shown, nor are the colours 100% correct. I'll see if I can get one better later on when I have more models completed. 

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v378/VashDime/40k/Deathwatch/Artemis.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v378/VashDime/40k/Deathwatch/Artemis2.jpg

Thanks mate. 

I am satisfied with the result too. Though, as said, the colours are not 100% on the photograph. The sword is the one I am mostly concerned about. In real life it has a nice blue shimmer. 

Also the flamer nozzle, I am really satisfied with. Used Duncans new tips and tricks video for that. 

Awesome AND Fast... Must... not... be... Jealous...pinch.gif .

He looks great even if the lighting is off on the colours,i see the work on the Flamer nozzle and i approve thumbsup.gif

Eyes are probably the toughest part of Bare heads..well done!

Mithril

Thanks. 

Would have been faster if I could use my days off to actually paint... but people around me doesn't seem to understand that :) 

But the squad is on its way. more to come later on today I hope. Completed another one last night, but was to tired to actually take a picture of it. 

Thanks.

Well pairing them in parts would be optimum. But I am to lazy to sit down and glue a second time :)

Also, what I can't reach with a brush, usually can't be seen

Personally I do it because I keep making errors or slipping with the brush and hitting a different part of the model lol....also usually am too lazy to magnetize at the point of assembly.....

Archived