Greetings Brothers,

I decided that it is time to embrace the Horus Heresy and all of Forgeworld's wonderful resin crack. 

WIth the Mastodon hopefully being released soon I decided that I wanted to make an army themed around one.

The huge  transport capacity gives a lot of room to play with and I wanted to base it around a vanguard strike force. I imagine this being the

spearhead of a large Imperial fist assault against the traitor forces (i.e. during the iron cage), and who better than Sigismund and his Templar

brethren to lead the loyalists to battle. 

Whilst this probably isn't the most powerful or efficient list I wanted it to be more thematic than anything else.

Rite of War: None selected

HQ

Sigismund

Elites

Apothecarion Detachment - 2 Apothecaries

2 x Contemptor-Cortus Dreadnoughts

Each with a DCCW and a Chainfist with a meltagun

Troop

9 x Templar Brethren including Champion with Thunder Hammer

All with combat shields

8 x Templar Brethren including Champion with Thunder Hammer

All with combat shields

Lord Of War *

Mastodon - Super Heavy command tank

* I am aware that in 2000 points this is above the normal 25% rule but this list is more for fun and will probably be played alongside Space Wolf allies in larger games.

Let me know what you guys think.

Cheers,

The Wulfen

Maybe dropping a few combat shields and picking up a few special assault weapons to complete the rage fest when the mastodon disgorges the swordsman and his possee up in the face of some folks needing to remember the light of the emperor

Take Solarite Power Gauntlets instead of Thunderhammers for +1A and Master-Crafted.

As for how this'd work, I dont think itll do as much as you expect it to.

Archived