Posted this in the main AoD forum just so people would see, but I finally got an answer from FW about how it works
"Hello, I recently purchased the new Age if Darkness Army list and am having trouble interpreting a part of the Burning Retros rule: [image of the burning retros rule]
- That the Dreadnoght may be targeted by shooting attacks while embarked in contrast to the normal rules for transports, yet is still safe from charges
- That the Drop Pod may be targeted by shooting attacks, yet may not be charged"
"hi,Thank you for your email. AS per the first point in Burning Retros, the following applies -
1. The Dreadnought doesn't have to leave the Drop pod when it lands.
2. The Dreadnought may be targeted by shooting attacks if it stays inside the Drop Pod.
3. Whilst inside the Drop Pod the Dreadnought may not be charged"
As you can see I phrased it fairly neutrally, so there wasn't any case of me leading them. All that's left now is to determine which facing of the dread you hit when you shoot it (which I sent in a follow up email)