Painting DW Librarians

Black Cohort

To me with regular marines the minimum always seamed to be the blue shoulder pad with librarius icon. And the blue kneepads that shows where they go in the order of battle (or wherever you'd normally put the extra company or tactical icon)

So yeah blue shoulder and blue knee...

But they replace the librarius shoulder with the deathwatch shoulder... idk.

i like the look of that libby from the DW RPG, Knee pads,collar, i really do like the backpack top cover-panel idea (for table top purposes it seems very logical) just enough blue to tell ...just don't make him an Ultra librarian tongue.png

Mithril

If he's got something that actually looks like a psychic hood and the horned skull on his person that should be enough to denote status. Throw in something that's obviously a force weapon, some scrolls, a book, keys etc. and the blue shouldn't be necessary. All personal taste of course, but with my black and white DIY, librarians are denoted by their wargear and their weapons are purple to differentiate them from regular power weapons. The only blue they have is robes/tabard/loincloth should they have one. I'll follow a similar principle with DW.

i like the look of that libby from the DW RPG, Knee pads,collar, i really do like the backpack top cover-panel idea (for table top purposes it seems very logical) just enough blue to tell ...just don't make him an Ultra librarian tongue.png

He looks nice, but it's kind of weird he doesn't have a psychic hood. Anyway, canon DW librarians have little to no blue on them:

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Deathwatch-Librarian-in-Terminator-Armour

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/deathwatch-kill-team-cassius-2016

I definitely prefer the minimal blue look.  TBH, I think it'd be fine to leave the blue out entirely as long as the Librarian has a force weapon and psychic hood (I may try this when I paint Jensus Natorian for my strike force).

Archived