Praetorian of Dorn (spoilers)

AfroCampbell

It's going to be a long time before I'm able to read this book, can someone go into detail of the fight and how Alpharius actually dies?

the simplest way to describe it is the Dorn in true Fists style intentionally lets Alpharius stab him in the shoulder, and then traps his spear with one hand, whilst chainsawing his forearms off with the other, and then proceeds to carve a large canyon through his thorax and abdomen in a single strike after that, finally finishing off the dumbstruck Alpharius by chainsawing his head in half....

BRUTAL.

It actually was, and the most badass part, Dorn didn't say a thing, just grim-faced butcher the whole time....

One detail wrong there

Letting Alpharius stab him in the shoulder wasn't the plan - Alpharius feinted in order to look vulnerable, and would have killed Dorn in a single 'perfect' thrust if it wasn't for his Huscarl's intervention - the implication is that he disrupted the 'perfect' blow enabling Dorn to take the thrust in his shoulder.

And this is, in my mind, why I'm not disappointed with the death - Alpharius took a risk, and lost as a result of it. It's what keeps the death of a demi-god in such brief and horrific fashion palatable to fans of both sides

Oh didn't forsee that end.

So there will be never a Omegon=Janus storyline? I mean now that his brother is dead, how can he betray him?

Maybe setting up the whole thing and somehow getting Alpharius to personally take part and hunt down Dorn and risk/bet on him dying was part of the plan?

So there will be never a Omegon=Janus storyline? I mean now that his brother is dead, how can he betray him?

Maybe setting up the whole thing and somehow getting Alpharius to personally take part and hunt down Dorn and risk/bet on him dying was part of the plan?

Possibly. But if that's the case why the reaction at the end? Unless that's the one thing Omegon didn't take into his plans?

Another thought occurs to me.

Maybe the reason we haven't seen models for Dorn and Alpharius yet is because Forgeworld knew about this in advance, and they're being done in a duel, ala Fulgrim and Ferrus?

You have just put a dream into my heart... FW don't let me down now..... <3

Possibly. But if that's the case why the reaction at the end? Unless that's the one thing Omegon didn't take into his plans?

The dialogue made me think initially 'he's going to sacrifice himself,' but he definitely tried to kill Dorn with that 'perfect' blow of his so it doesn't make much sense

I only recently started the HH audiobooks, and am on book 5 now, but wanted to read the spoilers anyway, since its gonna be way too long before i get though all of them. Interesting stuff though, also hoping to see new models for IF and AL based on that, since as an AL fan I feel like our fluffy units aren't getting as much love as many others do.

from what I got, the outcome could have gone differently there, so it does seem like its sort of pleasing both sides. And the coolest part is how he quits like a boss by taunting Dorn and making fun of his looks lol

Edit: thank you @The Psycho! 

For the record, Alpharius didn't actually call Dorn "Big Bird with microcephaly". We don't know what was whispered in those moments. :D

Also, I know the Imperial Fist cheer squad has arrived, but the rest of the book paints Dorn in much the same way as the rest of the BL novels do, as a hothead who jumps to conclusions and makes a mess of things more often than not.

For the record, Alpharius didn't actually call Dorn "Big Bird with microcephaly". We don't know what was whispered in those moments. :biggrin.:

Also, I know the Imperial Fist cheer squad has arrived, but the rest of the book paints Dorn in much the same way as the rest of the BL novels do, as a hothead who jumps to conclusions and makes a mess of things more often than not.

That is an interesting interpretation tbh....... considering he intentionally delegates down to his underlings, and belates the order to activate Fire on the Mountain etc etc, he is shown to be consistently fairly balanced under the circumstances.

Granted I am a part of the so called "Cheer Squad" ;)

+ ZEAL INTENSIFIES +

http://i.imgur.com/yMUS6mS.jpg

Where is this art from????

Another thought occurs to me.

Maybe the reason we haven't seen models for Dorn and Alpharius yet is because Forgeworld knew about this in advance, and they're being done in a duel, ala Fulgrim and Ferrus?
This would be so beautiful, I'll now be disapointed if it doesn't happen.

Anyone care to mention everything Sigismund does in this novel?

Not much to spoiler really but I'll do it anyway

A comment is made by Rann that he doesn't belong on patrols hunting vermin, that he belongs by his Primarch's side, which be predictably brushes off given their history. He is involved in some heavy fighting but is only a minor character in this novel and doesn't do anything of real significance. He gets ambushed at one point, but as you'd expect, he massacres a whole lot of traitors off screen and emerges at the end caked in blood while his fleet is saved by the arrival of the Phalanx.

I'm actually amazed IF are allowed to look good for once, outside of the Siege of Terra.

The problem I have with this is:

Who the **** did Guilliman kill during the scouring!? Does Omegon die as well?

Considering they all say I am alpharius, it could be any of the legionaries because that scouring fluff piece didn't say he had all that much bother killing alph so hopefully omegon has a bigger role to play yet

Actually alphas are said to be a bit taller than most, and A and O are a bit shorter than usual for primarchs, assuming that as there's 2 instead of one at their conception they have less primarch juice individually as they had to share.

And in legion I think it was noted there was only the slightest bit of difference in height between omegon and another alpha

Edit: and in a short story where there's an asteroid of some variety

the alpha legionnaires didn't know that it wasn't a primarch with them

If that is the case then

Although IF are suddenly getting something good written about them, it is at the expense of a good bit of storybfor the UM. Do you think therefore Guilliman will actually kill Omegon, or will they add in a few more "suprise kills"?

For the record, Alpharius didn't actually call Dorn "Big Bird with microcephaly". We don't know what was whispered in those moments. :biggrin.:

That is an interesting interpretation tbh....... considering he intentionally delegates down to his underlings, and belates the order to activate Fire on the Mountain etc etc, he is shown to be consistently fairly balanced under the circumstances.

Granted I am a part of the so called "Cheer Squad" :wink:

+ ZEAL INTENSIFIES +

http://i.imgur.com/yMUS6mS.jpg

Where is this art from????

Google image search. There's a black sketch and a coloured version by someone else, both I think on DeviantArt.

The whole "Guilliman killed Alpharius in the scouring" thing in itself is an uncertainty. Even in that fluff it's stated it could have been a clone or an imposter.

I'd also bet Omegon is alive in 40k and one of the Primarchs that is coming - probably on the loyal side too as we've heard some will be switching over.......

Archived