Guardians of the Covenant (WIP) [Darkn3ss' tale]

Darkn3ssF4lls

Yea i only have one set of legs that weren't used so far and that was in a assault marine pose. Its fine i'll just get more guys if its too hard for the backpacks.

Extra Torsos : Check

Extra Heads : Checkity Check

Extra Legs: BIG BUZZZZERRRRRR

I have the feeling that you're overthinking it all tbh. Elmo would probably disagree, but magnetising everything isn't always a good thing.

Oh yes it is....

Actually I only ever magnetised the bases on the scouts which came with the LS Storm but that was so I could mount them in the vehicle too ;)

In principle it is reasonably easy to magnetise backpack/Jump packs on the assaults but it is not something I would consider - as already said just tell your opponent that they are "counts as" standard packs for that game.

HW are far too much hassle apart from rocket launchers and HH heavy bolters to magnetise. If you have spare torsos then you could go down the torso swapping route. I always seem to have extra torsos lying around - you can even use the vehicle commander with little extra work, just magnetise/pin at the waist.

I have the feeling that you're overthinking it all tbh. Elmo would probably disagree, but magnetising everything isn't always a good thing.

Oh yes it is....

Actually I only ever magnetised the bases on the scouts which came with the LS Storm but that was so I could mount them in the vehicle too :wink:

In principle it is reasonably easy to magnetise backpack/Jump packs on the assaults but it is not something I would consider - as already said just tell your opponent that they are "counts as" standard packs for that game.

HW are far too much hassle apart from rocket launchers and HH heavy bolters to magnetise. If you have spare torsos then you could go down the torso swapping route. I always seem to have extra torsos lying around - you can even use the vehicle commander with little extra work, just magnetise/pin at the waist.

Thank you for your experience, haha may have gone magnet crazy trying to maximize every nook and crany haha!

My questions are endless! My mind is not illuminated with knowledge, ugh. 

So to make a combi something, do I just hack up this bolt gun and add that plasma looking piece to it ? I don't see anything that screams that its already in this fashion. 

http://i.imgur.com/MAGr4TOm.jpg

What is this thing on the left is that some kinda grenade in hand?

http://i.imgur.com/mKZADOZm.jpg

Wait, no combi-weapons in the kit? That can't be right...

The thingy in the hand is a scanner. You could use it as auspex, I use it as decoration

Maybe I put it in the heavy weapons box I'll check that when I get back, thanks GrayRaven.

Games Workshop

Check the link above. On the second sprue, you can find the bolterpiece on the 2nd sprue, at the bottom right (next to the pads). The pieces that are supposed to be mounted on there are on the 3rd sprue, center right (next to the torse with groinprotection). The sarge on the cover demonstrates how it should look like complete.

Games Workshop

Check the link above. On the second sprue, you can find the bolterpiece on the 2nd sprue, at the bottom right (next to the pads). The pieces that are supposed to be mounted on there are on the 3rd sprue, center right (next to the torse with groinprotection). The sarge on the cover demonstrates how it should look like complete.

Aha!

I hope that you kept the assembly instructions - they are normally pretty good at explaining things like Combi-weapons. :wink:

I hope that you kept the assembly instructions - they are normally pretty good at explaining things like Combi-weapons. :wink:

ya i got them, it doesn't seem to difficult the issue is there's only two bolter bases :/  looks like i'll have to magnetize the combi ? or just not worth it and get some more bases off of the internet 

There should be no shortage of combi's online. B@C even has 3 of them in the box. You could always count-as the combi as another version until you find your prefered gunz.

I usually take Combi-flamer on Assaults, combi-plasma on Tacticals, Combi-gravs on Command and combi-melta/plasma on guys in pods/rhino's.

Although I must confess, I gave my devastators a combi-grav purely because it looked awesome...

There should be no shortage of combi's online. B@C even has 3 of them in the box. You could always count-as the combi as another version until you find your prefered gunz.

I usually take Combi-flamer on Assaults, combi-plasma on Tacticals, Combi-gravs on Command and combi-melta/plasma on guys in pods/rhino's.

Although I must confess, I gave my devastators a combi-grav purely because it looked awesome...

Hmm that makes that box even more tempting!

There should be no shortage of combi's online. B@C even has 3 of them in the box.

Four combi weapons if you count the Terminator Captain's combi melta! ;)

@ Darkn3ssF4lls:

I PM'd you a list of the best boxes to get combi and special weapons in the other day.

Bits-sellers (or third party manufactures) are very popular alternatives to buying the full kits. of course, it still helps to know what kits the parts are in, hence the list I'd sent you.

If you do a Google image search for "combi weapon alternatives", you'll find rather a lot of options too - including how to convert the spare parts you already have into more combi weapons.

For example, the Devastator kit comes with a stormbolter. If you cut one barrel off the stormbolter and add on the barrel of the spare combi part (flamer and meltagun work especially well for this conversion), you get a very effective combi weapon.

There should be no shortage of combi's online. B@C even has 3 of them in the box.

Four combi weapons if you count the Terminator Captain's combi melta! :wink:

@ Darkn3ssF4lls:

I PM'd you a list of the best boxes to get combi and special weapons in the other day.

Bits-sellers (or third party manufactures) are very popular alternatives to buying the full kits. of course, it still helps to know what kits the parts are in, hence the list I'd sent you.

If you do a Google image search for "combi weapon alternatives", you'll find rather a lot of options too - including how to convert the spare parts you already have into more combi weapons.

For example, the Devastator kit comes with a stormbolter. If you cut one barrel off the stormbolter and add on the barrel of the spare combi part (flamer and meltagun work especially well for this conversion), you get a very effective combi weapon.

Thanks brother, I will have to start getting these. In the meantime i will continue to assemble what I got haha. 

Well, as I said: you do have spare bits, so you can cut down a spare bolter to accommodate a leftover Combi-weapon component - pretty simple to do, and saves you buying more bits/kits. :)

More kits more bits, FYI I'm seeing the err in the magnetizing the feet haha about to scrape off the bottom magnets and glue them down to the base haha. Sacrificing the ones in the feet.

Trying to decide if my watcher would be of caliban or mortikah

Concept Change idea

Was thinking of basically being the Legion too (changing my design concept). So like Raven and green would be the covenant. Yet the leaders of the group would be just names on paper for the high lords benefit. In reality they would be the inner circle ( not company masters, they would be real)

Then first company would be green, gray, black, etc to signify allegiance. So when I play in campaigns it would be as if all of the Dark Angels legion was present. I would only have one squad of each than the rest would be GoTC

What do you think ? Too dramatic ?

Edited by Darkn3ssF4lls

• 1 month later...

What would be best to put 60 ish bucks in to expand this holiday season ? I'm thinking something to get me in the path to a full company ?

Are you thinking for Christmas, or shortly after? The new tactical squad and rhino/ drop pod boxes are being released on the 31st of December. Im not sure if the prices have been let out yet, but youre probably looking around there. What currency?