Guardians of the Covenant (WIP) [Darkn3ss' tale]

Darkn3ssF4lls

I doubt itll be that much. If you look at the Genestealer cult armoured claw set, thats $55 USD for a chimera, cadian shock troop set, and I believe a hybrid sprue. I doubt a box release of a rhino and tactical squad will come to much more than that. 

I doubt itll be that much. If you look at the Genestealer cult armoured claw set, thats $55 USD for a chimera, cadian shock troop set, and I believe a hybrid sprue. I doubt a box release of a rhino and tactical squad will come to much more than that.

Hmm then haste would make waste ^_^, thought about some IC but than I remembered their metal lol.

Picked up a Belial and a Azrael with my Christmas gift money + now my folks are being stalked by four assasins. The Chaos forces we have been chasing seem to have grown in numbers as well. Edited by Darkn3ssF4lls

I have mixed experience with fine cast. When they started, I got some nice models, no bubble, no strange mold lines. At some point, the casts got really bad, up to the point that I was sitting with the gw shop manager and selecting bits from two different boxes to get one set that was more or less okay. 

In the past they got better again, but you never know before you cleaned the model. Most bubbles can be easily filled with glue, green stuff or milliput.

As for Belial... Someone told me, he comes always with a bubble in his nose. :tongue.:  

I have mixed experience with fine cast. When they started, I got some nice models, no bubble, no strange mold lines. At some point, the casts got really bad, up to the point that I was sitting with the gw shop manager and selecting bits from two different boxes to get one set that was more or less okay. 

In the past they got better again, but you never know before you cleaned the model. Most bubbles can be easily filled with glue, green stuff or milliput.

As for Belial... Someone told me, he comes always with a bubble in his nose. :tongue.:  

well thats unfortunate, i still do not have the guys they landed at my local Post Office on the 30th but as that was Friday it never moved out on the Saturday Schedule. 

You get 5 spare torsos with your assault dudes. Scavenge some legs somewhere and use the remaining heavies.

Or magnetise the torso. It's easier than the weapons. You should have enough helmets already.

Would you use a 1/8 " for the torso magnets? 

You get 5 spare torsos with your assault dudes. Scavenge some legs somewhere and use the remaining heavies.

Or magnetise the torso. It's easier than the weapons. You should have enough helmets already.

1/8 seems big enough. thats what i use for shoulder magnets, i feel theyd be strong enough for the torso as well. 3/16 may also work, its almost 5mm, and thats what a few people use for knight weapons sooo... its def strong enough. 

1/8 seems big enough. thats what i use for shoulder magnets, i feel theyd be strong enough for the torso as well. 3/16 may also work, its almost 5mm, and thats what a few people use for knight weapons sooo... its def strong enough. 

Thanks, yea i use them for my Termi's shoulders 

Would it be worth rebasing the guys from DV with the right size bases before I go to painting the rest of them ? I think the answer around town was it helps get more people into CQC.

Additionally, these two just arrived today. 

- Is it too much work to make Azael on such a base? (35mm)

- Why did they include 4 bases?

http://i.imgur.com/hEwP65F.jpg?1

Edited by Darkn3ssF4lls

IMHO rebasing all your tacticals benefits them. They look less derpy on a base that actually fits their feet. Not to mention that all the current kits have the 32mm, so replacing them all the smaller ones is tiresome. I haven't rebased all my guys yet, so half of my devastators are on the small ones, the other half on 32mm. It looks ridiculous.

Rebase Azrael, cut a slot in the bigger bases for the metal tab, don't cut the tab off. That metal mofo will benefit from the larger footprint. Maybe he'll even stop falling on his face all the time.

Oh, and it occasionaly happens that you get more bases than you need. 

IMHO rebasing all your tacticals benefits them. They look less derpy on a base that actually fits their feet. Not to mention that all the current kits have the 32mm, so replacing them all the smaller ones is tiresome. I haven't rebased all my guys yet, so half of my devastators are on the small ones, the other half on 32mm. It looks ridiculous.

Rebase Azrael, cut a slot in the bigger bases for the metal tab, don't cut the tab off. That metal mofo will benefit from the larger footprint. Maybe he'll even stop falling on his face all the time.

Oh, and it occasionaly happens that you get more bases than you need. 

What do you think about getting some of thouse new hero bases for him?