Guardians of the Covenant (WIP) [Darkn3ss' tale]

Darkn3ssF4lls

Looking at the gw site, i think it may be 40mm... oops. I didn't think about sizes. Seems like the only 32mm bases are the support beam rubble, and the ork bomb

Dang, i think i might look around for something similar though with a smaller sphere. Though I suppose i never play in tourneys so I could always just ask the opponent if he cares. Its not like he should be in close combat right? haha

Looking at the gw site, i think it may be 40mm... oops. I didn't think about sizes. Seems like the only 32mm bases are the support beam rubble, and the ork bomb

Dang, i think i might look around for something similar though with a smaller sphere. Though I suppose i never play in tourneys so I could always just ask the opponent if he cares. Its not like he should be in close combat right? haha

It used to be that you could always base your model on a larger base. I guess they've changed that now. Just make a stick figure out of toothpicks, paint him green, put him on a 32mm,  and swap him out for Azreal for anyone who wants to complain about 8mm. I based my Azreal counts as on a 40mm when 25mm was the infantry standard and never got a comment about it (including in tournaments, where I just explained it at game's beginning).

• 2 weeks later...

It used to be that you could always base your model on a larger base. I guess they've changed that now. Just make a stick figure out of toothpicks, paint him green, put him on a 32mm,  and swap him out for Azreal for anyone who wants to complain about 8mm. I based my Azreal counts as on a 40mm when 25mm was the infantry standard and never got a comment about it (including in tournaments, where I just explained it at game's beginning).

aha thank you brother, it can of course be that while my model count grows my play experience has not :smile.:

I put Belial together last night, I can see what yall were talking about. A lot of him kind of looks like how MWG painted Roberte, so i'm going to have to do alot of sanding i think to make things smooth. Was hard getting to say where his storm bolter mags meet his strap to make it less then a giant piece of resin haha. I will have to get some good photos, left my photo paper " "  booth back in D.C. so i'll have to rig something up again, maybe get a nice 360 photo for yall. 

Joining my projects are 1 RW Command Squad , 1 Raven Wing Bike Squad, One Darkshroud / Vengence

Edited by Darkn3ssF4lls

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

here my link for my libby on bike.

no real conversion work.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/305312-my-dark-angels/?p=4034130

Thanks m8, 

Working on one right now, think i cut a bit more off his legs then I should have so we'll have to see how it ends up looking. Might have to find some pouch to put in its place. I picked up some of the " " green stuff.  Havn't used it before so i'm a bit hesitant haha!

How do you all get about painting your guys? I find myself collecting them to use and then due to school just having no wish to paint them, yet at the same time wanting to paint them its a real conundrum.

How do you all get about painting your guys? I find myself collecting them to use and then due to school just having no wish to paint them, yet at the same time wanting to paint them its a real conundrum.

Willpower. I force myself to paint what I have before buying new stuff. I cheat sometimes, but not often enough to have too much unpainted plastic. Still have a BoP-box and a Landraider to paint.

You have to find your own way though. There is no secret way to learn to enjoy painting. You either enjoy it, or you don't.

If all else fails: prime & base colour. Add more colours on a later date if you're in the mood for it.

Willpower. I force myself to paint what I have before buying new stuff. I cheat sometimes, but not often enough to have too much unpainted plastic. Still have a BoP-box and a Landraider to paint.

You have to find your own way though. There is no secret way to learn to enjoy painting. You either enjoy it, or you don't.

If all else fails: prime & base colour. Add more colours on a later date if you're in the mood for it.

Thanks, I think I need to just devote some time each week and follow a similar principle. My first weekend shall be five of the tacticals and so on till they are all primed and painted. Maybe by Christmas 2018 I'll be able to buy new things.

People don't really care if it's on a bigger base.

It's putting it into a smaller base is the issue.

Plus it is stated within GW rules and such that you are to "put them on the bases they come with or a suitably sized base."

So going to a 40mm base from a 32mm isn't something to worry about for a special character that runs around by himself when not joined to a unit (if it was a sergeant and the rest of his squad was on 32mm that would possibly make an issue...)

And that base would be quite nice for Az.

• 3 months later...

Hello all,

With my models in storage till the fall, I am working on my chapters fluff. I was wondering if anyone had:

1. any recommended readings for source material on the chapter [other then lexicanum etc their sources being the codex]
  2. any maps that you can think of to date that mention the location of the world Mortikah VII minus that it is just in the segmentum pacificus region

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone help me lock down the numbers for the 1st and 2nd Company?

I was looking at the 7th edition dex and it doesn't have a # for Deathwing Knights [is it one unit?] or Command Squad [is it one?] Similarly the Ravenwing doesn't list how many black knights or command squads there are. Nor does it tell me what is in the 6 attack squadrons 4 support squadrons. Do I have to go to the formation and extrapolate a maxed out formation?

Edited by Darkn3ssF4lls

Those numbers are kept in cell 42... please wait inside and the Chaplains will provide you with all support required.

Of course brother, I am eager to meet the Chaplains again, we are very friendly would you walk with me. 

As of either 6th or 7th Edition (don't have my books in front of me right now), there is no fixed number for the Ravenwing or Deathwing which makes some sense, considering the different RW unit types, as well as the two DW units.

As of either 6th or 7th Edition (don't have my books in front of me right now), there is no fixed number for the Ravenwing or Deathwing which makes some sense, considering the different RW unit types, as well as the two DW units.

Thanks, I figured the DW would be vague as we have never reported the numbers of TDA we have is my understanding.

Was hoping the RW might be a bit more clear hehe, ce la vie.