=][= Watch Forge Arx Hephaistos =][=

Ordo Machinum

Is there room for another plog?

Vash and others are gathering their Kill Teams...

Kurama has taken the Jericho Reach and Watch Fortress Talasa Prime...

Hmm, is Watch Fortress Erioch still up for grabs? Lots of interesting characters there to model...

Still thinking of going for a 'Techwatch', comprised of techmarines gathered from different chapters - or from Mars as part of their induction to become techmarines. They may serve the Ordo Machinum, investigating xenos technology and the Adeptus Mechanicus... fluffwise according to the Codex: Inquisitor they do ally with the Ordo Xenos - so similarities i structure may be expected. Black and silver are great... but I'm leaning towards red and gold (or brass) for a little variety... not sure yet.

... glue... check. paint... check.... models... oh yeah, new additions have finally arrived... check...

gallery_8429_12302_917201.png

I'll pick a colour scheme later... I have to get building first...

I'll be locking myself in the Watch Fortress for a while. Ring me when the Omega Vault opens...

Ciao,

R.

The deathwatch could easily have a fortress somewhere in the Sol system or a system nearby.

As for color-scheme maybe paint an arm red?  or helmets?

Also is that 4 boxes of terminators I see? 

I'll have to think of a cool mechanicum-sounding name. 

Hmm, black and red? Hadn't considered that actually Thanks.

Yes, there are 4 boxes of terminators. I found myself actually lacking non-cataphractii terminators some how. So, it was back to basics!

@Black Cohort: Thanks for the mock-up. As a colour scheme? Nice. A little divergent, not too drastic. As opposed to mine... too flashy?

sm.php?b62c=@haLvy_hYbiB.hXbsb@_@@@@@_iakk7_@@_iakk7@_@@@@@@@@@i8TzJhr3uf..@@@_@....___@@@@@@_@iakk7@_@@iakk7_& med_gallery_8429_12302_93510.jpg

Hmm... definitely deserves a test model msn-wink.gif

Actually, it reminds me a bit of Raktra's Iron Hands with the red arm representing the survivors of Isstvan.

...and yes, never too many terminators...

Ciao,

R.

If they are still members of the deathwatch, then their armour should probably still be mostly black, if you are just using the codex as counts as and they are technically a different organization, then the red/brass is fine.  I actually really like the colour scheme, but it doesn't fit with members of the deathwatch in my opinion.

Rashbold! I was looking for you, trying to remember who else was doing a "Tech-watch, I love both of these projects!

Thanks! Yeah, I suffer from "project flitter" sometimes. I start this, then that, then... and so on.

I'm not addicted to plastic & resin... really. I can stop any... yeah, right...

But I am trying to make an honest hobbyist out of myself. msn-wink.gif

Dude.... just wow just wow!

You just one the deathwatch forum.

We should prepare for ETL VI

thumbsup.gif I thank you, sir. Although my wallet isn't speaking to me now of course...

Hah! ETL VI? Never too early to plan. I'll have to start keeping track of points then.

If they are still members of the deathwatch, then their armour should probably still be mostly black, if you are just using the codex as counts as and they are technically a different organization, then the red/brass is fine. I actually really like the colour scheme, but it doesn't fit with members of the deathwatch in my opinion.

Yeah, Deathwatch 'Deathwatch' is pretty consistent with its colour scheme.

You are right, Deathwatch 'Techwatch' of another inquisitorial ordo shouldn't be too similar.

I do like the red & brass (My space marine ETL V vow was actually done in those colours).

Christ, Rashbold, when you go in for an army, you go all in. Awesome! thumbsup.gif

I like to have options.

How else can I get five-marine-strong squads of stalker-boltguns, shotguns, etc?

Not to mention Terminator squads with 5 AsltCans, 5 CMLs, etc...

We must each serve the Machine God as He calls us to...

Gee Rashbold...can i come round to your house to play?... it would be a perfect friendship laugh.png

you would have all the spare parts to swap and i would sit there painting my stuff and encouraging you to paint!!! msn-wink.gif

i think we'd get whole armies done....wub.png

you just have to move to Australia...or i have to move to the states tongue.png

Mithril

++EDIT++ i really like the red left arm idea !!

This looks promising!

I am heading out to work now for four days and can't paint or build anything... so I hope to see some activity here biggrin.png

I am organizing the bitz for each squad. I hope to start building tomorrow. The Xenos will not stand idle for us to purge them... nasty inconvenient xenos...

This looks like a lot of fun. Good luck!

Thanks. I admit to being a bit overwhelmed as to where to start.

WOW !!!!!

Thanks. That's the same thing my wife said, albeit with slightly less enthusiasm... msn-wink.gif

You have literally too much money laugh.png

Not anymore! tongue.png I had a windfall and had to weigh being responsible. Who am I kidding? That scale broke long ago...

Gee Rashbold...can i come round to your house to play?... it would be a perfect friendship laugh.png

you would have all the spare parts to swap and i would sit there painting my stuff and encouraging you to paint!!! msn-wink.gif

i think we'd get whole armies done....wub.png

you just have to move to Australia...or i have to move to the states tongue.png

Mithril

++EDIT++ i really like the red left arm idea !!

Believe me, sometimes the thought of a 'hobby coach' isn't such a bad idea biggrin.png

At least someone would make use of my bitz box (more like a bitz barrel).

Hey, at least I have my success with the ETL V behind me now. I know I can do it when I focus.

Mrs Rashbold votes we move to Australia, so hang in there!

++EDIT++ It is a good idea... but I must not be distracted... MUST build!

I respectfully submit the following 'Standing Order 13', my B&C battle brethren...

If anyone catches me lurking around the B&C or in this forum over the next few days

and I HAVE NOT posted any model build pictures... PLEASE message me to 'stand down'

from the internet & get back to building!

I thank you in advance. msn-wink.gif

My Forge-Monastery will now be running silent, running deep...

Standing order 13 should include "inspiration time" though...come back and check what people are doing/done to reinvigorate your enthusiasm every now and then....

"Mighty is the hand that holds completed Models" but "Burnout is the name of the Deamon sitting on the too busy Shoulder"...

i really think that red arm...with perhaps a gold pad will really suit your "TechWatch" theme.... so tempted to paint up a test model for you from an old marine model...whistlingW.gif

are you going to try and get pads from all the tech/artificer associated chapters? iron hands and successors, salamanders perhaps?(the blacksmiths of the chapters)

look fwd to your idea coming to fruition thumbsup.gif

cheers, Mithril

perhaps you can get your skitarii up and running as an allied army for them one day happy.png

Standing order 13 should include "inspiration time" though...come back and check what people are doing/done to reinvigorate your enthusiasm every now and then....

"Mighty is the hand that holds completed Models" but "Burnout is the name of the Deamon sitting on the too busy Shoulder"...

Rashbold: Very true. I'll have to make a note to update the 'Codex Astartbuildus'

i really think that red arm...with perhaps a gold pad will really suit your "TechWatch" theme.... so tempted to paint up a test model for you from an old marine model...whistlingW.gif

are you going to try and get pads from all the tech/artificer associated chapters? iron hands and successors, salamanders perhaps?(the blacksmiths of the chapters)

look fwd to your idea coming to fruition thumbsup.gif

Rashbold: No, save your models. I put up some test schemes below. It will be a little while before I can paint anyway. The weather here has been too hot & humid for decent priming. I don't want to risk messing these models up like I did the last batch. I have plenty of Iron Hands pads, and the new sprues make it possible for Brazen Claws, Red Talons, and (with a little poetic license) Sons of Medusa. And Salamanders, of course. Not to mention switching the colours on those pads for 'other' chapters as needed.

cheers, Mithril

perhaps you can get your skitarii up and running as an allied army for them one day happy.png

1. Basic Deathwatch, 2. Basic Techwatch*, 3. Deathwatch with red helm and gold arm, 4. Deathwatch with red helm and red arm/gold pad

sml_gallery_8429_12302_23259.jpgsml_gallery_8429_12302_38395.jpgsml_gallery_8429_12302_83620.jpgsml_gallery_8429_12302_53751.jpg

* HCMistborn is using the cooler term 'Forgewatch' for his. Drat! tongue.png

No MithrillForge is mine

Rashbold: For now, Kurama... for now...

Ciao,

R.

Rashbold, feel free to use Forgewatch, you inspired my color scheme completely. I think they'll look beautiful next to my Flesh Tearers or SWs whenever I decide which one I want to do, so thank you for that, sir. I was going to do Knight-Errants and paint them silver and faded bronze, but I love the red. I need to start a plog, but that seems like a lot of commitment and I'm 24 so it scares me.

I like number 4 best for your purposes, but number 3 also works.

Seconded. Also, that pile of models is both awe-inspiring and intimidating. I think if I bought that much at once it'd never see the light of a gaming table! blink.png

Yeah, the black & red arm is a bit more striking... hmm...

Rashbold, feel free to use Forgewatch, you inspired my color scheme completely. I think they'll look beautiful next to my Flesh Tearers or SWs whenever I decide which one I want to do, so thank you for that, sir. I was going to do Knight-Errants and paint them silver and faded bronze, but I love the red. I need to start a plog, but that seems like a lot of commitment and I'm 24 so it scares me.

Thank you & you're welcome, HCM...

Metallics can be tricky to combine. I tried something similar with a few Skitarii Vanguard and it just didn't 'pop'.

I'll be bouncing the name back and forth - like my final colour scheme... tongue.png

I am even thinking of calling them 'Judicators' as the Codex Machinum is called the 'Judicators of the Forge''.

Maybe they are officially called the Judicators when serving the Inquisition and are nicknamed 'Techwatch' or 'Forgewatch' by others.

Fluff in flux...

...and you SHOULD start a plog! The comments given to me have been inspiring and motivational.

Yes, it's a commitment - at least your model's father won't be behind you for a 'shotgun building' - although that WOULD help me actually...

Seconded. Also, that pile of models is both awe-inspiring and intimidating. I think if I bought that much at once it'd never see the light of a gaming table! blink.png

Thanks for the vote.

Yes, it is indeed. I just have to make sure, Lady Rashbold gets HER table back soon from me taking it over. Built in incentive to build! Yay!

As for the Techmarine red arm, it occurred to me there is a slight precident in the codex for Librarian's & their blue armour...

med_gallery_8429_12302_455975.png

Ciao,

R.

Archived