+ Ultramar Battle Muster - Painting Challenge +

Dosjetka

Woohoo! Progress!

*pats self on back, arm breaks* tongue.png

Anyway, finished off 3 dudes today. That leaves 2 more half done, and the other 5 about a 1/3 of the way.

C&C always welcome!

Ultramar Battle Muster Vow update 2.1

Here's a little group shot with some of my favourite XIIIth models happy.png

Ultramar Battle Muster Vow update 2.2

Finished my vow off last night so now I've got some better light: Pictures! Hope you like them.

UBM2016   3   Complete

UBM2016   3   Complete (Praetor)

UBM2016   3   Complete (Sword)

UBM2016   3   Complete (Sgt)

UBM2016   3   Complete (Flamer)

(Click for larger images)

In my defence, the bright light I use for photos in leu of a light box makes my highlighting look much more patchy than it does to the naked eye. Apart from that I'm very happy with them. The heat effect on the heavy flamer is the smallest I've tried the technique and it came out well I think, although not so much in the photo. The Praetor's sword is actually very easy to do with an airbrush and some masking tape to be honest. Compared to wet blending anyway.

Very pretty Harkus!  There's some great work going on in here!  I've been slowly chipping away at the Techmarine himself the last couple of weeks.  Proof:

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t285/Razzrojo/042c5346-f5aa-4301-854f-50ff17b2118d.jpg

Painted up a test model for my Utramarines. Only the armour is done so far (bar some weathering):

gallery_45765_11814_27980.png

Pic isn't great as the armour is slightly more blue and less purple, but it gives you a pretty good idea of what I'm going for.

Blue armour recipe for those who are interested:

1. Black undercoat;
  2. Basecoat with Vallejo Model Color Royal Blue;
  3. Heavy wash of following mix: 1:1:1 Drakenhof Nightshade, Druchii Violet, Army Painter Strong Tone (Argax Earthshade);
  4. Heavy drybrush of VMC Royal Blue;
  5. Light drybrush of Hoeth Blue;
  6. Guilliman Blue glaze;
  7. Edge highlights with Hoeth Blue.

It took me two hours to get to this stage so another couple of hours and he should be done.

Hi all. Sorry for no updates in a while but life gets in the way, day after day, hip hip hooray.

So a bit of an update

30149137501_0a1a197281.jpg10102016518[1] by obsdian quacker, on Flickr

All that's left is the gold needs shading and highlighting and the burnt toast (it's only looks like burnt toast) needs turning into some terrain.

Also

30199863276_d1989c47a3.jpg10102016521[1] by obsdian quacker, on Flickr

These marines have decided to comaflage themselves into the burnt toast as well as not being fully built.

Otherwise still one 'Blackstar pattern' stormraven to do, both need basing and then transfers to slap on everything.

Oh and fluff, hopefully should be easier this time, maybe from the point of view of a mechanic (the future equivalent of one) this time.

Nice progress by everyone so far, I do look forward to seeing what everyone does, so I can steal ideas.

Painted up a test model for my Utramarines. Only the armour is done so far (bar some weathering):

gallery_45765_11814_27980.png

Pic isn't great as the armour is slightly more blue and less purple, but it gives you a pretty good idea of what I'm going for.

Blue armour recipe for those who are interested:

• Black undercoat;
  • Basecoat with Vallejo Model Color Royal Blue;
  • Heavy wash of following mix: 1:1:1 Drakenhof Nightshade, Druchii Violet, Army Painter Strong Tone (Argax Earthshade);
  • Heavy drybrush of VMC Royal Blue;
  • Light drybrush of Hoeth Blue;
  • Guilliman Blue glaze;
  • Edge highlights with Hoeth Blue.
It took me two hours to get to this stage so another couple of hours and he should be done.

Fantastic mate! I honestly wish I had the patience to highlight minis and get results like yours compared to my rough and ready way of painting.

Greetings Brothers,

The move to the new apartment is almost complete and I finally had some time for the hobby.

The result is visible below:

assaultwip2.jpg

The one on the left is not part of the vow as he was made prior to this event, however for completeness sake he is in the picture. Next to him are two assault marines that are finished, and two more ready for priming and basecoating. :)

Greetings Brothers,

The move to the new apartment is almost complete and I finally had some time for the hobby.

The result is visible below:

assaultwip2.jpg

The one on the left is not part of the vow as he was made prior to this event, however for completeness sake he is in the picture. Next to him are two assault marines that are finished, and two more ready for priming and basecoating. :)

Incredible! Loving those clean lines/highlights, and I really like that shade of blue.

Super shoddy WIP pic ahoy! Ugh I wish I had more time to paint. Even if (when I fail this vow I love that this event has made me familiar w more of B&Cs brothers of Ultramar!)

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y290/abadizzilithium/Mobile%20Uploads/termsgt.jpg

The model comp is kinda buggin me- its a real assault on the eyeballs. Oh well... I need to up my 'muster' and push on through! Great work brothers!

I wish I'd remembered to get my vow in on time. >_> As luck would have it, I've not really had much free time to work on it recently.

Just as a FYI: I've removed the "first vow pledged before x date" to allow anyone to jump into the challenge at any time (it lets abadizzle participate and likely fail tongue.png).

You have no excuses now. msn-wink.gif

In that case, that's awesome. I'll push ahead with my vow and sort him out for this weekend. \o

I, Isinfier, proud member of the Sons of Orar, do swear to fully paint one Brother-Sergeant Caetius of Tactical Squad Ortellus, equipped with combi-flamer and power sword, by Sunday 6th November 2016. In that time I shall provide at least one 'start' picture of my models and one 'finish' picture of my completed models before the given deadline. If I succeed, I shall bring glory to my brothers-in-arms. If I fail, shame and grief shall be my only companions.

For Guilliman and the Emperor! Courage and Honour!

sgjUiuY.jpg

Wulox: I'll add it to your vow, no worries. :tu:

Isinfier: Great! Looking forward to seeing how you go about painting him! I'm considering painting some Sons of Orar soon so I'll be watching for recipes and the like. ;)

I'll probably be basecoating him with Army Painter - Dragon Red as I did my Word Bearers, before giving him a general wash of Carroburg Crimson on the plates and Nuln Oil in the recesses. I'd imagine the biggest issue for me will be the helmet plume, as I don't have a reliable pot of white at the moment, so I might just basecoat the helmet with white as well.

That aside, I just reserved my Burning of Prospero box, so I'll have plenty of MKIII to toy around with soon. :p

I, Shvagyer, proud member of the Ultramarines, do swear to fully paint 2 Razorback armoured transports with Twin-linked Lascannons by Sunday 6th November 2016. In that time I shall provide at least one 'start' picture of my models and one 'finish' picture of my completed models before the given deadline. If I succeed, I shall bring glory to my brothers-in-arms. If I fail, shame and grief shall be my only companions.

razors1_wip1.jpg

Wulox: I'll add it to your vow, no worries. thumbsup.gif

Isinfier: Great! Looking forward to seeing how you go about painting him! I'm considering painting some Sons of Orar soon so I'll be watching for recipes and the like. msn-wink.gif

If you're offering I won't say no, as long as nobody else has a problem with this!

Here's the finished rhino:

http://i.imgur.com/weXOxnr.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/zmCT3tA.jpg

And just to prove that I'm working on the actual vow of tactical marines, here is the 6 that I am currently working on!

http://i.imgur.com/bdGavZ5.jpg

As you can see, I am in dire need of a better painting station. One that can fit both GW paints and Vallejo paints! tongue.png

Thanks for looking!

Great progress guys!

And just to show I'm still working on my vow, I've got 6 of the tacs done minus transfers. Only 9 more to go!

http://i.imgur.com/X6gmC5D.jpg

Apologies for the absolutely shocking photo, will get proper pics up with good lighting once the entire vow is finished.

Edit: Just wanted to add a small gripe. The B@C heads are dreadful, no matter what I do I just can't get decent looking eyes on them compared to resin MK IV heads. In future I think I'm going to have to buy a bunch of resin heads separately to use! tongue.png

James

Archived