+ Ultramar Battle Muster - Painting Challenge +

Dosjetka

Great to see so many blue metal boxes Brothers, allow me to throw my ones into the mix. :D I declare my second vow complete.

razors1_wip2.jpg

Please visit my WIP thread to see them from other angles and find out their fluffy names and designations. :)

I wonder if I can squeeze a third vow in the final two weeks...

Damn, already? Excellent work, ShVagYeR. thumbsup.gif

(Do you mind if I just call you Shyv? Easier to write, remember, and pronounce. msn-wink.gif)

Edit: Just wanted to add a small gripe. The B@C heads are dreadful, no matter what I do I just can't get decent looking eyes on them compared to resin MK IV heads. In future I think I'm going to have to buy a bunch of resin heads separately to use! tongue.png

Really? Odd. I've found them to be no different from other heads. huh.png What exactly is it that bothers you with these?

Yeah it was quick wasn't it, the fastest I've ever painted vehicles. :)

In the past people would shorten my nickname to "shv" so feel free to use that (without the "y" please). :)

After some consideration I've decied not to go ahead with a third vow. However that will not stop me from painting blue in the near future.

Lovely razerbacks there ShVagYeR!

Edit: Just wanted to add a small gripe. The B@C heads are dreadful, no matter what I do I just can't get decent looking eyes on them compared to resin MK IV heads. In future I think I'm going to have to buy a bunch of resin heads separately to use! tongue.png

Really? Odd. I've found them to be no different from other heads. huh.png What exactly is it that bothers you with these?

I'm not sure, I think the resin eyes are slightly more recessed which I kind of prefer and find a bit easier to paint!

@Techmarine Harkus- those are some SHARP termis brother, fantastic work! Mind painting all of my power weapons for me? :)

@ShVagYeR- loooove those assault marines! They look straight outta a GW showcase! Nice work on the quick and clean razors too! Wish I could paint fast!

@Wolux- dangit... Your images never work on my phone :(

Welp- I finished my sgt! One model... Wow I suck. Oh well, could be used as a captain in a pinch I guess

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y290/abadizzilithium/Mobile%20Uploads/sgttermi.jpg

Keep up the fine brush work brothers!

I haven't had the time to start on my vow either. Well, I have but I've done so little that it basically counts as nothing/not much. So yeah. x)

But it's great to see some of you succeed! And all the pretty pictures make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. :tu:

I've just decided to do a personal revision to my vow. Given the lack of free time, I'm just going to try and get the Marine that is the furthest along finished and get the rest done by the end of the year. That way it's some progress, even if it isn't inside the boundries of this event. I should probably post pictures too.

I must echo Dosjetka, hope things pick up for you Runefyre! sad.png

I am also in the same boat as a few of us it seems, I haven't made much progress on the 9 remaining tactical marines I vowed. I'm away for the weekend beginning thursday night, so I will try my best to churn them out before the time is up. I just find the B@C plastic marines so boring to paint in their plain poses compared to the resin marines, but alas I shall try and complete my vow!

Sorry to hear about people's troubles.

Update

30611238861_6dce4872fb.jpg31102016523[1] by obsdian quacker, on Flickr

Bikers nearly done, unfortunately the sergeant's assault cross on his shoulder pad had not adhered properly so when applying micro sol to it, it shifted out of position and then became too soft to reposition, and his front tyre needs dirtying.

30662579116_1739f30d5b.jpg31102016522[1] by obsdian quacker, on Flickr

And the 10 breachers who I have managed to put the ultramarines icons on the left pads with the shields in place!. Breacher icons on right shoulders left to do, base rims need tidying, maybe more attention to the sergeant's head.

Can't remember if I've posted any updates on the "stormravens" so far but as of yet 1 needs transfers and silver edging to the wearing and the other is at it's 1st blue layer.

And fluff definitely is easier to write this time around.

Due to real life getting in the way, I haven't been able to paint at all for two weeks, but I got everything done up to a tabletop readiness, just need highlights and details some day...

http://aspecti.mbnet.fi/kuvat/figut/UM/cont1.jpghttp://aspecti.mbnet.fi/kuvat/figut/UM/cont2.jpg
http://aspecti.mbnet.fi/kuvat/figut/UM/ironclads.jpg
http://aspecti.mbnet.fi/kuvat/figut/UM/scout_speeder.jpg
http://aspecti.mbnet.fi/kuvat/figut/UM/drop_pod.jpg

Remodeling my buddy's kitchen just for yucks... Those poor termis o' mine...

@aspecti- looking good brother, crisp and solid. Still lovin on the red gun casing(s)

@quacker- nice turn-abouts! Man... I'd color myself lucky to EVER paint 10 guys- bikers are lookin slick too :)

Finito!

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t285/Razzrojo/IMG_20161106_212923.jpg

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t285/Razzrojo/IMG_20161106_212945.jpg

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t285/Razzrojo/IMG_20161106_213015.jpg

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t285/Razzrojo/IMG_20161106_213029.jpg

Thanks Dos for getting this thing up and running and keeping on top of it.  I've enjoyed participating and seeing everyone's work.  Good job all!

And so vow 2 has finally been done.

30696406922_251671f6ea.jpg06112016526[1] by obsdian quacker, on Flickr

30696400622_c5b9aaea35.jpg06112016530[1] by obsdian quacker, on Flickr

'Blackstar pattern' Stormraven 1 and 2

Apologies for the different locations of each photo, bothe were ontop the badab poster but unfortunately the flash revealed there was some blue in the engine intakes of the second stormraven, so that was quickly fixed. Barely visible on the front of number 2 inside the shine is a one of those stylised gothic 3s, tried to edit the photo to show it but not much luck (only just really started using effects other than crop and resize), still it's better than it was.

The first time I saw our two new acquisitions, I was close to bliss. Now I'm no "more machine than flesh", devotee to machines (there isn't even a single augmentation on me) but I take joy from working on machines and I was greatly excited by the unloading of these two nearly wrecked flyers. Of course it was some new thing to play with, but this was my chance to leave a mark on the chapter's history. I was overjoyed that they chose me to lead the repair team on this over the usual mechanicum adepts, even the chapter's techmarines passed this off to me and after years of patching up relatively small repairs, regular maintenance jobs and repaintings, I've finally got a chance to completely renovate something. I could see a rough shape of what they were and in my mind I formed the picture of how they would look. I worked with a number of others on the redesigning and going through archives we discovered that they greatly resembled some things called 'Blackstars', some sort of a cross between a stormraven and a valkyrie. Now I'm experienced in the repair and maintenance of stormravens and I could see that there's a lot of cross compatability between the two with a lot of modifications. Unfortunately with the engines needing replacement and with those available we'd lose space in the transport hold but I could add magna- grapples and then they'd have the same function as  stormravens. It did take a couple of months to get them both fixed, but with both techmarines, Ephrahiim and Mallel regularly visiting giving words of encouragement, greatly encouraged me and the results were my greatest works yet! I do confess the names I gave them were not very inspired but I felt it fit in with the names of the numerous types of space marine gunships. The Stormbird, Stormeagle, Fireraptor, Thunderhawk, so I felt that Thunderbirds 1 and 3 were right, 2 is reserved for another project that I've come across after finishing 1.

30512288410_bd7a250504.jpg06112016524[1] by obsdian quacker, on Flickr

Breacher squad with power sword and bolt pistols

From out of nowhere a dark purple cloud passed through the middle of the land raider straight along a vertical axis as it travelled across the few sun scorched wastelands left on the planet, bisecting the vehicle into two clean halves which both carried on with rapidly decreasing momentum as the engine halves failed. The left half hit a rocky outcrop and tipped over onto it's top, while the right half gradually slowed to a controlled stop as the shorn middle dragged along. Sergeant Aligan, who was in the right half, immediately made contact with the members of his squad in the left half of which there were no serious injuries and immediately ordered the exit of the vehicle and to make ready for a possible situation. The 10 members of the breacher squad organised themselves into a tight advancing formation as they approached the cloud which at first glance was of an almost negligible thickness and about half as much taller than a space marine, which gradually revealed it self for what it was as they came around to it supposed front.
"Warp gate!" Aligan cried as he realised what it was.
"Stand ground brothers! We've got the orks at a bottleneck here!"
The squad was not long returning from a successful attack on a downed Rok, splitting off from other squads to hamper purtsuit, to destroy the ork warpgates there that they were using to assault the factorums in hordes. Judging from the size of the gate this must be a smaller Tellyportah! that wasn't onboard the rok, with a lucky target.
The first five orks to exit the gate had a brief moment of surpirse as their first sight was a wall of tightly packed ceramite slabs with bolt pistols aiming thorugh the few gaps before all were shot by a disciplined firing line.

30813310595_f19b831395.jpg06112016525[1] by obsdian quacker, on Flickr

And a five man biker squad

Sergeant Segeattus had the location of The warp gate's source. There was no mistaking the anomaly on his bike's display in the centre of it's handlebars. After receiving Aligan's garbled distress signal, he volunteered his squad of bikers to head back to destroy the gate. The five bikers sped at full throttle across the wastes, leaving trails of dust in their wake, towards the source, there was no chatter as each focussed themselves on the mission and what could be their death. The background noise of Aligan's message was itself enough of an indication of the situation they were in. Constant roars and grunts, heavy calibre gunshots and small explosions and metal clangs and thuds of close combat, nearly drowned out Aligan's message. A rocky hillock stood in the squad's view as they approached their target and the sight that Segeattus saw was, as stated in his report upon his return, one of the most bizarre structure he had seen. A purple half oval gateway surrounded by a patchwork frame of scrap metal and orks bolted or tied onto the structure with a pylon of more scrap metal to either side with more orks restrained to these. Purple electricity danced across the structure and jolted the orks, who caused the structures to visibly shake and audibly groan with their spasms. A large ork covered in strange mechanical devices was furiously bellowing orders at underlings, beating them and for those he had lost patience with, which at this point had to be the majority of them, mercilessly building them into the structure as it gradually expanded in front of the horde of orks waited in front. Segeattus had no feeling of fear at all, no reluctance or doubt, his mind was completely concentrated on how he was going to bring down this gate. He scanned over every section of the structure, every plate, join and ork and within the few seconds he took to do this, he had found a weak point. The large ork was hap-hazardly adding bits in seemingly random places, it looked like he was trying to keep the structure together more than expanding it. With each new addition on the end, the middle sagged and each new section to the middle, the ends almost visibly bent outwards. The ork assistants were frantically fixing these new sections and paid no heed to the bikers waiting above who could not be heard over the ork crowd. A short message passed to the squad members and then each had their grenades and bombs ready.

Done! Done done done! Done! Done done done!

Done! Done!

And relax.

I finally made it, took me quite some time to get the decals right (but without them the squad would have been unfinished).

http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/805393IMG1158.jpg

Overview of the squad, grav-guns magnetized, as well as the Sarge's power sword.

http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/508274IMG1159.jpg

The whole squad from behind.

http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/665668IMG1164.jpg

Close up on screens and back of bikes.

http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/882659IMG1166.jpg

Sarge without the power sword.

So ! It has been quite a ride smile.png (pun intended). I am a very slow painter, so making this vow motivated me quite a lot. It's a great initiative and I'll sign up again if there is a new one. I hope you'll enjoy my work smile.png

Cheers brothers !

Archived