Leviathan vs Deredeo

Cadmus Tyro

Hi all,

Trying to decide how to finish my 3000 points of iron hands, I am torn between the long range support of the Deredeo or the brutality of the Leviathan. Which list would you go for?

List 1 (Deredeo):

LoW - Ferrus Manus - 455

HQ - Siege breaker consul, power glove, volkite charger, artificer armour - 135

Troops - tactical squad x10, rhino, melta bomb - 165

Troops - x10 breachers, combi melta, x2 melta guns, breaching charge, landraider proteus, armoured ceramite, multimelta - 465

Elites - 10 tartaros terminators, x7 power gloves, chainfist, x2 plasma blasters, Spartan, armoured ceramite - 725

Elites - x2 cortus contemptors x4 grav guns - 330

Elites - x2 castellax x1 flamer 215

Heavy support - Deredeo, aiolos - 220

Heavy support - x10 marines, autocannons, augery scanner 290

Or

List 2 (leviathan):

LoW - Ferrus Manus - 455

HQ - Forge Lord consul, thunder hammer, rad grenades, cortex controller 135

Troops - tactical squad x15, melta bomb - 180

Troops - x10 breachers, combi melta, x2 melta guns, breaching charge, landraider proteus, multi melta armoured ceramite - 465

Elites - 10 tartaros terminators, x7 power gloves, chainfist, x2 plasma blasters, Spartan, armoured ceramite - 725

Elites - x2 cortus contemptors x4 grav guns - 330

Elites - x2 castellax x1 flamer 215

Heavy support - leviathan, grav flux, siege drill, armoured ceramite, phosphex 330

Heavy support - x5 marines, autocannons, augery scanner 165

Which list has more synergy?

Cadmus

Leviathans are a big threat, and a big target. If you dont' have a way to get him downrange (i.e. drop pod) then you are probably better off going with the alternative. Though Leviathans just seem more Iron Hands to me :P

Leviathans are a big threat, and a big target. If you dont' have a way to get him downrange (i.e. drop pod) then you are probably better off going with the alternative. Though Leviathans just seem more Iron Hands to me :P

Fair point! I play on an urban board with reasonably dense terrain, so walking doesn't worry me too much. They are very iron hands, and ferrus + RoW make him a little more survivable. The prospect of deleting a unit with phosphex is quite appealing....

Anyone favour the Deredeo list?

Do you have much air support in your meta?. If yes dreadaeo if no leviathan. I generally take both in 3k games

I'm not a big gamer really, I enjoy the odd casual game but I am yet to find a heresy focused group in the West Midlands. My list has slowly grown over several years and is possibly not the most competitive due to that! I play against a couple of lists with flyers, so the Deredeo adds more utility in that regard. I think I prefer the looks of the Deredeo in general, and it leaves more space in the list to maximise the heavy support squad.

Anyone have some good experience with the Deredeo?

I've run my dreadaeo last few games as my club has a few fireraptors. Both times the fire raptors arrive. Both times they crash and burn after he puts holes through them. I used the autocannon battery first time and the new lascamnon battery second go(just a play test) got to say. Love the lascannons

I've run my dreadaeo last few games as my club has a few fireraptors. Both times the fire raptors arrive. Both times they crash and burn after he puts holes through them. I used the autocannon battery first time and the new lascamnon battery second go(just a play test) got to say. Love the lascannons

The lascannons look awesome, do they push the Deredeo further down the line of anti-vehicle though? At least with the autocannons they can turn their attention to infantry if necessary. Are they worth the cost increase?

Archived