=][= The 2016 Deathwatch Painting Challenge =][=

Prot

I CrimsonReign will vow to complete the requirements of Watch Master by completely painting the following models:

1 watch captain - Artemis

1 Aquilla kill team - Librarian, 5 Veterans

1 Venerable Dreadnought

All assembled:

grey

The deathwatch completed before this vow was made:

black 1

Guys, some amazing Vows so far. I'm really excited to see how well this is taking off.

One more question: can you mix CC and ranged special weapons in the same squad of termies?

Yep think you can even give them Power Weapons instead of Fists too.

Absolutely. It's an incredibly flexible squad for Deathwatch. You can mix and match as much as you like.

gallery_2760_1001_66412.jpg

All vows are updated in the first post to this point in the thread.

We're barely into this and we're up to 10 Vows to start.... and some of those vows are really beefy... the Xenos will take a serious beating if our recruitment into the Deathwatch keeps this pace!

We are updated to this point in the thread. Please remember to post your "before" pics if you haven't already done so. I've seen the banners by Grotsmasha (ironic name for this?) and they look really good. Just tweaking some details on them now.

Keep up the good fight, I'm glad to see some faces I didn't expect in this challenge.

=][= Deathwatch Vows Close in 12 Days as of this post =][=

Ok I'm going to jump right in and hope I don't sink. "I Brother Callidan will Vow to complete the requirements of Watch Master by completely painting the following models:"

1 Watch Captain

1 Kill team

1 Librarian

1 Corvus Blackstar

May I bring honor to the Furor Shield

Keep forgetting to add these 

Start of Watch Force Vow

Start of Watch Force2 Vow

Ok I'm going to jump right in and hope I don't sink. "I Brother Callidan will Vow to complete the requirements of Watch Master by completely painting the following models:"

1 Watch Captain

1 Kill team

1 Librarian

1 Corvus Blackstar

May I bring honor to the Furor Shield

A very worthy vow! (I don't think I could complete that in the given time!)

Thunder God... another pretty big one.

The vows are looking really good. Everyone's been added to this point.

Keep it up!

We are updated to this point in the thread. Please remember to post your "before" pics if you haven't already done so.

=][= Deathwatch Vows Close in 11 Days as of this post =][=

"I Fedratsailor pledge to paint 28 veterans and 5 vanguard, to gain the rite to be called Watch Captain"

Veterans - 4 infernus, 3 Frag, 12 shotguns, 4 stalkers/ss, 1 bolter/ccw, 4 grav/ss, 
Vanguard - 2 Heavy Hammer, 3 Maul/SS

I had these completed before the challenge, and 5 Droppods I repainted.

I am still waiting for my models.. Hard to make a vow when i don't even have anything to paint.. I did also order an airbrush, which will come in handy i think.. So, my vow will include me learning to use one..! 

I, Rashbold will Vow to complete the requirements of Watch Master by completely painting the following models:

1 Watch Captain
1 Venerable Dreadnought
1 Veteran Kill Team

I admit to being tempted to make a 'bigger-than-I-should' vow.

It is mostly because I am excited with all of the delightful Deathwatch eye-candy.

However, my Deathwatch must be patient and be able to strike the foul Xenos when the moment is right.

Kurama made a great suggestion to me. So I'll be playing the long game:

1. paint & build this vow

2. continue building my 'grey' watch companies for next year's ETL VI

My 'BEFORE' picture:

sml_gallery_8429_12302_14905.jpg sml_gallery_8429_12302_23277.jpg sml_gallery_8429_12302_11667.jpg

Ciao,

R.

I, War009 will Vow to complete the requirements of Watch Master by completely painting the following models: 

Command

Watch Commander:

-Watch Captain

Core

Strategium Command Team: 

-Chaplain

Aquilia Kill team:

-Librarian

-5 Veterans

-2 Vanguard Veterans

-1 Terminator

-1 Biker

Auxiliary

Ancient-:

-Venerable Dreadnought

Pics of Artemis and Venerable Dreadnought  (Still waiting on my Cassius squad box) 09/06/2016

Its here....and Entry vow completed

Kill team Cassius for my Strategium Command Team

I Kraad Belak will Vow to complete the requirements of Watch Master by completely painting the following models: 

Strategium Command Team.

1 Chaplain.

5 man CC Veteran Team.

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2016/9/12/826508_mb-.JPGhttp://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2016/9/12/826521_mb-.JPG

And cause I wanna set myself up to fail.

5 man Ranged Veteran Team.

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2016/9/12/826510_mb-.JPG

3 man Bike Team. (Only one in my possession at the moment.)
http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2016/9/12/826511_mb-.JPG
1 Dread.
Still to purchase.

My life and my honour, in His hands.

Pictures added.

What an active weekend! Great job guys.

Okay I got a few more games under my belt and assembled some more stuff and finally have my own Vow ready to roll this week:

"I Prot will Vow to complete the requirements of Watch Master by completely painting the following models:

Aquila Kill Team

Corvus Blackstar

HQ (I'm thinking Watch Master out of habit but I may just do Artemis.)

Here's the nasty 'pre-vow' pic:

gallery_2760_12376_135114.jpg

Note: there's extra stuff in the pic as it was a larger batch for priming.

What a massive update! A great weekend of Vows, AND our first completion! ('grats to Daemonknight)

Please note, we want to keep this thread -mostly- full of Vows and Completions so it can remain pinned and act as future inspiration for us. So as suggested by some of you, I've created an unpinned topic. So for more indepth conversation with WIPS, more Pics, or conversation regarding our Deathwatch challenge please see this thread:

The Deathwatch Painting Challenge Gathering of Forces.

We are updated to this point in the thread. Please remember to post your "before" pics if you haven't already done so.

EDIT: Please see our banners are in courtesy of Grotsmasha in the first post!

=][= Deathwatch Vows Close in 6 Days as of this post =][=

Well I guess having a bit of a challenge involved to help motivate me to paint could be a good thing... so here goes.

I  CaptainCaveman87will Vow to complete the requirements of Watch Master by completely painting the following models:

BSSF

Command - Watch Captain Artemis

Core - Kill team comprising of 3 vets, 1 black shield, 1 Watch Sergeant and 2 Vanguard Vets

Auxiliary - 1 x Ven Dreadnought

Only been painting since started playing 40k in Feb so not the greatest painter but still enjoy trying :smile.: If I get enough time I might be able to get all 5 Van Vets completed but for the sake of the challenge I've just set myself a target of 2.

http://i63.tinypic.com/303k0op.jpg

Captain

I, War009 will Vow to complete the requirements of Watch Master by completely painting the following models: ........

Updated Vow with pics of the Ven Dread and Artemis

Please discuss and share your WIP's, and additional pictures for motivation within the thread linked here:

The Deathwatch Painting Challenge Gathering of Forces.

EDIT: Please see our banners are in courtesy of Grotsmasha in the first post! If you've completed your VOW you can feel free to put the appropriate banner in your signature.

=][= Deathwatch Vows Close in 5 Days as of this post =][=

Archived